How can we improve GoodNotes?

Handwriting and text rotation

I love taking notes and drawing in GoodNotes and it would be great if I could rotate the objects I've drawn on the page. We can already change the color and scale the object, so it would be nice to be able to rotate these objects.

2,514 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Policarpo Wood shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

274 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jason Blake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When using the camera, It would be great to be able to choose between landscape or portrait modes, right now the program makes you rotate the ipad and only functions correctly with portrait style photos. When I try to take a landscape photo the camera does not rotate for it so I am just guessing what I will actually get. Also when taking photos I noticed that the preview window does not show all of what the photo will actually get so I am also guessing as to how much I will get in the actual photo.

• Kent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this!! I write notes all over the page and in all directions. Would love to change the angle of the zoom window without changing the orientation of my tablet. That can be very tricky!!

• Ellen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Other camera view is rotated and cannot really navigate after the ios7 update.

• SimonC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When sketching ideas and annotating them is is often useful to be able to rotate a part of the image or text. Mirror allows half the sketch to be drawn and the other half duplicated easily. This type of functionality would be available in products like powerpoint for example.

• Taylor Kidd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another nice capability would be to straighten text. For example, you could define a line (or curve) underneath that would shift the letters such that the bottom of each letter rests on that line (or curve).

Another nice capability would be to straighten text. For example, you could define a line (or curve) underneath that would shift the letters such that the bottom of each letter rests on that line (or curve).

This would also be very useful for text notes. I often write at an angle and would like to be able to straighten text without having to rewrite.

• Johnny Pasutto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to write on a .pdf document sideways. Palm guard doesn't rotate. Doesn't seem you can rotate text. Being able to write notes in margin sideways would be nice.

• Bex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I usually use good notes for reviewing PDFs and I make my notes in the margins. It's difficult when the margins are narrow and rotating my comments would make this app way better.

• Thosaka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be indeed really usefull. I make a lot of graphs and drawings for school and it would be so much better (and faster) if i could rotate them and re-size them in one direction.

• Vasko Drogriski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A mirror and rotate freehand objects would be extremely valuable for freehand sketching of floor plans and building ideas.

• reggevinci commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rotate when resizing should be natural. And this solution would not increase count of buttons :)

• reggevinci commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rotate when resizing should be natural. And this solution would not increase count of buttons :)

• Andrei Mincov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rotating the zoom box would be great. I often need to write on the margins of a printed page and writing on the side without the zoombox is challenging

• Dayton ireland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would give your app a 5 out of 5 if some minor annoyances with the interface were changed.

For example, better palm detection when using Cregle's ipen, as the page will suddenly move while writing a sentence.

The ability to turn off the popup action menu, because it pops up way to often by accident.

The ability to move the tool bar to the left or right of the screen instead of it always being at the top.

When in full screen mode, there needs to be a way to access the erasure.

I liked the old tool bar where you had several colors for the pen and highlighter. The menu system now implemented is a bit more cumbersome when rapidly changing colors and pen tip sizes.

You finally added resizing, but it really needs rotation as well.

Notes need to be searchable

Having multiple notes open in tabs would be nice. Even nicer would be a side-by-side view and a double page view.

You should be able to create and edit the table of contents of the PDF, rather than just making bookmarks that no other application can use.

Other than these minor flaws, this is by far and away the best note taking app I've used on the iPad and it have literally tried them all.

Feedback and Knowledge Base