How can we improve GoodNotes?

Handwriting and text rotation

I love taking notes and drawing in GoodNotes and it would be great if I could rotate the objects I've drawn on the page. We can already change the color and scale the object, so it would be nice to be able to rotate these objects.

2,514 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Policarpo Wood shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

274 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Li SH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Two finger rotate gesture instead of pressing button to rotate pages

• Maggikartoffel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks to the update to version 3.8 re-sizing is now possible. However, the rotate selection feature is still missing.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow while editing to be able to resize, rotate, flip an image pasted on a page, after it's been pasted in.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you go to the 9 dots icon, you see images of al plages. If you hold the page you want to move, it will detach & you can put it wherever you like.

• Tad Harrison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I open the app, I often have to resize the page to full screen, even though that's the way I left it the last time. In addition, I always have to use the iPad "lock rotation" switch because I tend to tilt the device while writing.
    Having a software option to lock page size and rotation would help.

• Alonso Liu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea very much. This will be very useful when we are drawing lines. Because we dont have rulers, so it is difficult to draw the line precisely. A very good feature of GoodNotes is it can select the shape you have drawn, but if we can rotate the selection and resize them, we'll be able to draw perfect shapes!

• Sara Grissom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to fill in pdf forms with in goodnotes. I use goodnotes for nursing school and I have a few forms that I have to fill out for every clinical rotation that I am in.. i

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even though I switch on the Automatic Palm Rejection and rotate the writing angles, it still can't avoid most of unwanted marks !

• HeatherLee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As I'm creating I sometimes I change my mind on the order of the info being presented. That means changing the order of the pages. At present GoodNotes will allow you to copy a page, but how do I paste it? GoodNotes is my favorite, but this issue is frustrating.

1). Re-order pages
    2). Add the ability to rotate a photo
    3). Add more Fonts
    4). Add more colors
    5). Add more shapes or stamps as previously suggested. (I need arrows)
    6). Add the ability to see the entire page while I'm adding text and moving things around.

I love GoodNotes and suggest it to everyone I know.

• Arve Seljebu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes it's hard to write precise enough to get a wanted shape. For example, often I want to draw a symmetrical circle, but I get an ellipse instead.

It would be nice if the select tool let you change properties of a shape by dragging highlighted points at the shape. This is similar to letting the select tool rotate objects. This way you could easily change the angle of a triangle - very useful in math classes.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So that text can be lined up better with other notes and images.

1 2 10 11 12 14 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base