How can we improve GoodNotes?

Handwriting and text rotation

I love taking notes and drawing in GoodNotes and it would be great if I could rotate the objects I've drawn on the page. We can already change the color and scale the object, so it would be nice to be able to rotate these objects.

2,514 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Policarpo Wood shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

274 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lenny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has the development on this feature been stopped?
    No update since 2 years and we still cannot rotate anything :/

• Mike Fedeski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll add my tuppence to this thread. Rotation of sketch and handwriting selections is the most glaring omission in this otherwise fine app. It's for fine adjustment, of course, rather than 90° kicks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just drew an ER diagram on a portrait page and now need to rotate the diagram 90 degrees.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's totally needed. I know of artists and designers who switched to notebility because of that .

Well, I don't want to. Love the app. Most used thing in my ipad.
    I gora organize a lot of content by mindmapping, which isnt that free as it could be.

• Laila commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some people like to write when their page is tilted and not straight ,and this can be done without having to move the iPad only by the ability to rotate the page on the screen

• Leslie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to be able to rotate text. I purchased your app 5/28/18 as Birthday gift to myself along with the IPad Pro, I love it. But I would love it more if I knew how to rotate text. 😊 Thanks

Yes, please! Rotation function is crucial! I really like this app, but without a rotation feature some things are much more difficult than they should be.
    So please... Thanks a lot!

• dawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am loving this ap and am using it for SO much...this is the first major frustration. Any updates about the rotate feature?

The specific path would be open the notebook -> top left, the four boxes -> select the page(s) you want to rotate -> edit -> bottom left of the popup box, rotate.

You can rotate your notes in the box that shows an overview of your pages. there’s a place where you can rotate 90degrees, 180, or 90 ccw. It won’t rotate your text boxes though (sadly).

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. Handwriting to Polish text conversion
    2. More focus on basic drawing, for example a colour fill tool
    3. Ability to rotate selection
    4. More options for pen thickness. (Increase maximum thickness)
    5. More pen types
    6. Ability to view a structured notebook layout like One Drive. Notebook>Section>Pages (all with titles)
    7. Ability to change default category from Uncategorized. (may be possible, I'm new to the app)

• Yuki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also if we could manually rotate a PDF. Often I get PDF documents that were scanned and are at an angle, which annoys me and also makes it difficult to take notes on.

• Nana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Besides notetaking, I also use GoodNotes to sketch storyboards. Rotating is a function I really miss when I’m doing this.

• Brenda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you are planning, perhaps you could have a freeform rotate, or a snap to degrees rotate, like snap to 45, or 90, or 10/20/30/40/45 etc degrees or a box to the side where we can enter the rotation degrees we want. That would make it wonderfully useful in drawings. I voted. Thank you for your hard work!

Feedback and Knowledge Base