How can we improve GoodNotes?

Handwriting and text rotation

I love taking notes and drawing in GoodNotes and it would be great if I could rotate the objects I've drawn on the page. We can already change the color and scale the object, so it would be nice to be able to rotate these objects.

2,514 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Policarpo Wood shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

274 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sequoia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to rotate highlighted notes and drawings. For example, if I draw a diagram of a cell, I would love to be able to rotate that diagram for use in another location.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed I realised I needed to do this tonight and realised I couldn’t PLEASE implement this!!

• Dave Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GoodNotes is a brilliant app, if you (developers) want to keep the edge, PLEASE reply here and share the dev responses.

Si, es muy necesario, una característica básica de cualquier editor de texto...gracias!

The ability to rotate the note in various angles without moving the iPad itself would help with scribbling down notes and annotating diagrams from different angles.

• Josh Rivers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For an example implementation of this, look to Procreate, which rotates the tools as you move your iPad, but the document/canvas stays in the same place unless moved.

The UI problem that would need to be solved, would be allowing user to select page orientation when using the app in splitscreen. Otherwise, locking the paper but not APP rotation provides the best of many worlds, where both portrait and landscape papers can be used, and generally take most of the app surface, regardless of rotation, but the toolbars can always be appropriately placed for user control.

• William Estey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this not possible? This app is great, but the team needs to focus on the basics of note taking before worrying about anything else.

• PB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have the ability to rotate handwritten notes, instead of having to rewrite them in a different orientation.

Adding to the thread. Please add rotate. Looking at inkflow app as an alternative.

• Kris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really wish we could set the zoom 100%. I am marking up PDF's and this feature would go such a long way in improving this apps usability.

Feedback and Knowledge Base