How can we improve GoodNotes?

Add sub folders and tags

I'd love to be able to have sub folders and be able to add tags to my documents to make it easier to sort them

1,787 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mary shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminGoodNotes (Moderator, GoodNotes) responded  · 

We’re happy to inform you that we have started working on a much improved document management system for the new version of GoodNotes, which will most likely contain tags and subfolders.

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Haakon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should be able to tag a paragraph or location in a note. Can then filter by tags to immediately see all tagged paragraphs across all notes. An example of this is the customizable tags in OneNote.

• Ali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And also there must be a tool for defying any header as a title or for tagging

• Ali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tags titles and subtitles are essential and i think it must be designed as an index page at he front so we can easily find the topic)

• Marcus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really would like to have the option to show a flat list of all my notebooks with one on top that have been edited recently. UseCase: I use GoodNotes to take notes at the office. I habe different notebooks for my meetings and topics at work. At the end of the day I would like to skim through the notebooks with edits and add all TODO items to OmniFokus.

• Chris Stevenson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of my big gripes with GoodNotes compared to OneNote is in hierarchical organization of notes. I don't actually like tags much, but having more than two levels of organization would be great. Just as important is the ability to quickly see the organizational structure and jump between different topics/categories.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current 2 levels of folder (master + sub) isn't enough... they need to allow more levels for the folder system to actually be useful. I've been using Good Notes for over a year and am surprised that this obvious functionality hasn't been added yet. Please, please, please add this... it's really needed!

I am thinking of moving to notes plus due to the lack of sub folder functionality. Essential when you have critical mass.

sub folders are very important - look at the 'pages' system of being able to drag and drop documents together to make sub folders.

• Laura Servage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been using Goodnotes to read and annotate research articles for about three years now. Tagging and a more robust filing system is becoming a deal for me. I've got a ton of documents in there now.

Tagging on note book as well as on page level would be really great to fast search the notes. I use Goodnotes everyday and start to have a critical mass of information in there.

It's important to have the possibility (option) to sort folders (sub-folders) and documents

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just bought this, assumed it had subfolder functionality - disappointed it doesn't, hope to see this as an addition.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base