How can we improve GoodNotes?

Linked audio recording is a must, please ADD AUDIO RECORDING like notability!!!

We need linked audio recording so that we won't miss anything in the class or in meetings!

The reason behind the success of NOTABILITY is the audio recording functionality, I use notability just for that!

Please add it.

3,588 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

85 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Patrick Fleischmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When this is combined with the "Add audio to handwriting" and it's vote total, it's easily the number 2 ranked suggestion behind split screen - and it's very close to overtaking split screen. Yet neither suggestion has moved past the "Planned" stage. A number of recommendations with fewer votes are already in the "Started" stage.

I'm very close to chucking GoodNotes and throwing in my lot with Notability as they have this ability already.

• Jonas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is really a must-have! Without this GoodNotes will loose itˋs good Position in the AppStore, but with there will be a good future.
        PLEASE add this feature SOON!
        It will make the app even better!

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Planned for almost 2 1/2 years now, and still nothing. Who the hell is is even in charge of this crap? NOTABILITY!!

• Jérémy DA TRINDADE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The great difference that makes me not buy GoodNotes is the Synced Audio Recording that does not exist as in Notability, but if you get this function I will buy GoodNotes without any doubt.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Notability is always ahead of Goodnotes in the App Store rankings because of audio. Once Goodnotes adds audio - Notability will disappear.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What the hell? Planned since May 10, 2016, and not yet started on January 16, 2018?? GoodNotes has been the best notetaking app for the iPad, but THE slowest, most inadequate support and development ever. Find some freaking investors and get moving. My hell. Fallen so far behind.

• Patrick Fleischmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the ONE feature that is keeping me from going with GoodNotes rather than Notability. I'm trying to "move on" from the Livescribe pen and proprietary physical paper notebooks I've used for a decade now. I LOVE the ability to record a presentation while I take notes on it and when I review my notes putting the pen down in any part of the note jumps the audio playback to what was being said at the time I was writing that particular line. This sync functionality is HUGE. Livescribe can also convert my handwriting to text. That's the piece that Notability is missing. Whomever adds the missing functionality to replace Livescribe wins my business both in iOS and Mac OS X.

• Gary Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I voted for this feature and think it is very important to the application. I have one more suggestion which I think would be super useful. Implement with the recording capability a pre-corder option. Turning this option “on” would cause the app to record aall the time it was open into a 15 to 30 second FIFO buffer. While taking notes, the app would record continuously into the buffer automatically discarding the portion that is the oldest, until the note taker indicates the statement that was just made is important and I want to capture the sound. By taping an icon the App would capture the sound in the buffer and continue recording until the note taker indicated that it was OK to stop. Indicating in the notes with some kind of icon that a recording snippet has been saved for this portion of the written notes. Taping this icon would play the snippet. This feature would avoid having to record an entire meeting just to make sure you capture a few seconds or minutes of sound. My experience with other note taking applications is that it just too painful to go back and wade through and hour of recording for 10 seconds of Information.

• Ryan Hart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the one missing feature that would make buying this app a no-brainer. Make it so that each stroke on the page is linked to a timestamp in the audio recording.

Bought the app but stopped using it cause the recording app is so crucial. Still waiting patiently

Why have you not started or completed this? It is not that hard to implement. Kind of annoying how many votes it has and it has been up for 3 years without being started. I am not buying until there is audio. Just do it already!

• gjwsolid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, I only want to use one Notes APP----Goodnotes with Audio Rec ,
        now switching between Goodnotes and Notability is very inconvenient.

Please implement the audio feature with the ability to focus on the "aha moments" please!!!

The way this would work is on something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJTk8cImK7E

When you press the "record" button, it starts recording from 15 seconds back in time so that you don't miss the context.

This feature would be perfect because usually one doesn't want to record the entire lecture / meeting. Usually one records only highlights!

• Zhixiong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't agree more!!!
        And...It's a bit over a year now that you have recognized the essential of the function, so....shouldn't the status change to the "started" by now?
        Please start complement to function into the app soon!
        Thank you

• Joe D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be helpful to be able to write exponents in the text.
        Mathematical Equations would be a dream.

Yes, I would love this. Just started using GoodNotes + Apple Pencil and would really like to replace my aging Livescribe for interviews.

• David Nield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. I also use GoodNotes daily but have to switch to Notability for audio and I am considering switching to that permanently now. Do we know when audio will come to GoodNotes?

I use GoodNotes to present my university lectures in mathematics. I have held several "how-to" sessions for other instructors and the comment is always made, "If only it had audio!" With the trend of flipping the classroom and offering online classes, GoodNotes with audio would be the perfect tool. I agree with other commenters, I would definitely pay for the feature!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base