How can we improve GoodNotes?

Implement a splitscreen option.

The splitscreens option allows the user to see two pages of one document at once. With this option the user can open an informative pdf on the one side while taking notes on a different sheet on the other side.

8,372 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Arnold S. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminGoodNotes (Moderator, GoodNotes) responded  · 

The ability to open two different notebooks side by side, will most likely be available in the next version of GoodNotes. Thanks for your patience!

252 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Luis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this feature is a must if goodnotes is to replace a paper based notebook where one can see two pages at a time or, for a loose leaf binder see non-consecutive pages side by side

• Christo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is so much easier to have all referenced material in one app. I agree it is already done by the competition. Could we have some feedback?

• Bill D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not ideal, but can you open the notebook page in another app via iOS split screen?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The developer of Goodnotes has been silent on the availability of split screen thus far. Please, we’d like to hear from Goodnotes on this. Was looking forward to Goodnotes 5. It’s great but a let-down too that split screen is still missing.

• Ugo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a med school note taker, I like to cross reference notes from two different Goodnotes pages seamlessly without having to go back and forth between tabs. I would hope this would be an upcoming feature on Goodnotes 5- perhaps the only feature that would make me do the upgrade from 4.

• Dean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And they just released Goodnotes 5 without the feature. I can do it Notability but really like a lot of the feature in Goodnotes that noteability does not have (such as being to add paper in the middel of a PDF or changing paper type in the middle of a notebook.)

• Aser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must!!! Two docs or two pages (consecutive from same file) Please do it!!!

Please. I’m begging you. I don’t want to switch to notability. GoodNotes did many things better :(

• Natalie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Implementing a splitscreen option would be most helpful. That was the one upgrade I was looking forward to in GoodNotes 5.

This would be the only reason I would switch to GoodNotes 5. It is clearly essential. Please add it ASAP.

• anonym commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What the HELL!! I mean Goodnotes 5 is ok, but missing the ONE feature it should have had!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base