How can we improve GoodNotes?

Ruler similar to apple notes app (ios9)

I don't know if there is an API for that, but this ruler is awesome and far better to draw technical stuff than the simple shape recognition (which is awesome, too).

1,851 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dave shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • john commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i want a ruler to use to keep my eye on the right line of text when I'm reading pdfs in goodnotes

• Logan Sharpe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this! I use GoodNotes to take notes in maths and this would make my life a hell of a lot easier. A ruler and protractor. If that's not possible then could you put a lock on the page? What I mean is a lock to stop the page moving while I'm trying to use a real protractor or ruler on the page and I accidentally hit the screen with my finger and it moves so I don't get the precise measurement I want.

• CodeFerret commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for a ruler in GoodNotes. The app is one of my go-to apps on the iPad pro and a ruler would complete the functionality.

• Thijs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A protractor or ruler would be greatly appreciated. This would be very useful for simple engineering sketches. I now use template A4 paper. It would be great that the ruler relates to the true template dimensions, or that you can somehow scale it to those dimensions.

• John Chidgey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A ruler would be a really handy addition to this app. Currently if I want a straight line drawn where I want it, I actually use a real world wooden ruler. I tried using the shapes setting to give me a line but I can't align the line before I start/finish it, so a ruler makes more sense, is more accurate and is a once-only rather than multiple attempt solution. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

• Liam Hartenstein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be extremely helpful for using the graphing paper that they already gave us!! There's no point in graphing paper unless you can draw a straight line!

• bunnyhero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i tried using auto-shapes in lieu of a ruler, but it just isn't the same. if i want a straight line in a precise angle connecting two points, auto-shapes won't do it for me. either a notes-like ruler, or a line drawing tool like Steve H suggested would do the trick. thank you-- i'm going to have to resort to a physical ruler for now!

• Jose Luis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use GoodNotes for Physics. If a ruler is added this app will become "almost" perfect for me

• SteveH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd really like a line drawing tool - something better than the iOS notes ruler. 1. Place stylus on page. 2. Drag to end point. 3. GN draws straight line between start and end point. Then the ability to edit a) Lengthen/shorten line. b) Rotate with angle readout. c) Move. That'll do for a start!

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would really enhance the drawing capabilities of the tool

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base