Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7145 results found

1. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hello, with hundred of GoodNotes doc I would appreciate a Notability way of browsing my documents and folders (A directory browsing on the left pane, the content of the selected directory on the right pane). Todays pane only shows the current directory

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When opening the page grid view, and clicking on the outline section (as opposed to thumbnails section), it would be awesome if the outline section would automatically scroll down (and highlight/bolden) the outline that is closest to (but before or on) the current page the user is editing/looking at in the documents view page. Currently, every time the outline section of the page grid view is selected, the list shows the very top of the outline list, and the user has to scroll down to outlines that are relevant to the current page, as opposed to the outline section automatically…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. thats all i need

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Using Goodnotes on the desktop app is pretty clunky. The logic on how to move things and add things and resize is not intuitive. Right now its logic seems to be similar to a layout software such as InDesign or a yearbook creation program. But it is far less slick and responsive. Since navigating the program is not intuitive compared to other document editors it should have a very responsive and precise movement and editing.

Ideally moving any element - text box, sticker, or photo - wouldn't require switching between tools. Selection would be global (not requiring switching tools in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be nice to see what flashcards you have gotten right and which ones you have trouble with. Also being able to choose the specific notecards you want to study once you make a set. I love the flashcards on goodnotes but there is lots more that can be done.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When copying and pasting with the Lasso tool, we are given the option to resize and rotate, but we are NOT given the option to mirror the image, that is, reflecting it with respect to the vertical axis. That would be a useful improvement, in my opinion.

For example, to draw a face it would be enough to draw the right eye, half a nose and half a mouth, then mirror it.

139 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. For example, I have a paragraph converted from handwriting to text, but I only want to move a few of the words, it would be nice if the lasso tool could move only the selected text.

Now the lasso tool if the text is converted together, when using the lasso, move a few of the words, it will move the whole paragraph together, (because the text converted together, the app will think in the same text box)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Would be great to be able to change the colour of different notebook tabs to speed up switching between them. When I study, I only close tabs after the course is finished so I sometimes have 20+ tabs open at a time. Would be awesome if I could, for example, have lecture slides in one colour, reference notes another and notebooks in yet another etc. or different modules in different colours.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In the pages view, when clicking the arrow on a page, would be great to add a new feature "Archive". This sends the current page to the last page of the notebook and slightly dims it, or adds an icon indicating it is archived.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be good to have some more versatile, mathematical or scientific paper templates. For example, a split page (similar to a Cornell note-taking), where one side is ruled and the other is graph paper. Perhaps, a graph section on the top half, and a ruled or blank section underneath where one could add notes or symbolic work. Also, paired with this suggestion is the echo to add math conversion tools, converting to a display equation with LaTeX. This is the only reason I may choose Notability over Good Notes to use to deliver class notes when teaching. Sadly, in…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Instead of just having three line thicknesses for your pen tool, please can we have a plus and minus button with more variations? When I write, the smallest line thickness is too thin and the medium is too thick. There’s no happy medium

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The extra menu bars and tab names just take up much needed screen real estate specially on the budget ipads with not so huge screens. While reading a book, the most i need is just my tool palette so i can highlight occasionally. Other things are just distracting and rarely needed!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow for the length of the highlighter shape to be resized in length only. If I were to create a highlight line that is a bit too long or short, I do not want to also resize the height of the shape.

This would be better than having to redraw the line.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. a pomodoro timer ( be it stopwatch or custom timer with breaks ) within the app.
    when the timer starts it blocks all the other apps and only lets you use goodnotes and allowed apps.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 直接在便利贴或图片上写字,现在便利贴移动后,字还在原处。圈选得话会选中便利贴下的文字一起移动。
    大纲应该按顺序排列,现在是后导入的内容反而排在前面,希望能调整为按照页码顺序

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide the option for an image caption that appears as typed text below the image.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be nice to be able to set more custom default fonts, like the handwriting mode already has.This can be efficient when there is often a need to separate the headline from the body text.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When I pick a random colour from the circle and overwrite it later with an other colour, it is very annoying if I can‘t pick the exact same colour later again. Ehen we have such a colour Pipette it would make things a lot easier and I don‘t have to mark every single colour I use as favourite. Also this way I could pick existing colours from a pdf.
    Thank you c:

(Example from Procreate)

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I frequently use different fonts for titles, the body of my text, subtitles, and also, depending on the notebook I am using. Could you create a feature that let us save more than one default text so that it is easier to change the format of the things I mentioned above? I find the lack of this feature to be the most frustrating thing with Goodnotes. Otherwise, I love the app. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?