Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7071 results found

1. Currently only way to change colors of pages and written text (highlighter and pen) is to lasso change the color.

Add an option that would open a menu with all page formats, highlighter and pen colors of a current document, with ability to remap each of them.

This would introduce simpler way to change the whole notes template, as some people (including me) draw on black paper with white pen strokes that are not really sensefull to print on white paper.

Example of black paged notes with yellow highlighter, white & red pen writing:

• used template: A4 Black Paper
    • used…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. das man einen Plan mit einem klick in der original Größe Dargestellt hat damit man Sachen raus messen kann !

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When I read, the large amount of text on the page made it inconvenient for me to add annotations and notes, especially when I needed to quote passages from other works and had no space. Adding blank pages at the bottom of the page makes turning pages difficult and text cannot be joined.
    If a new feature could be added to add blank pages to the left and right of the page, capped at two pages, that would work even better and I would not want to use another note taking app.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be helpful to add (duplicate) the pen tools to the Zoom bar and provide the ability to have some preset favorites. This would increase efficiency and user experience when using the Zoom function.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As an engineering student, I often find myself shuffling through old notes to find a quick summary of a topic or a concept that I use in other problems. This becomes quite tedious, as I tend to copy-paste what I wrote into the new notebook where I reference this note. I think that it would be nice to work in a virtual window that shows a cutout of the older notebook which has the notes that are relevant written down, and i can resize said window to fit in the newer notebook. As far as I understand, this would also…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Having a hexagonal would make chemistry note taking so much easier. Especially in higher level chemistry since there are so many different compounds you have to learn.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I love using the existing outline in PDFs, but it's tough work to create one if it isn't already implemented. A great feature would be the possiblity to choose the option "set as outline title" for marked text to quickly greate an outline for a document.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'd love the ability to hyperlink text or icons within a note to certain sections of a pdf for quick reference.

For instance, if I am writing a note about a project, I would like the ability to add hyperlinked text or icons, where when pressed, I am taken directly to a specific section of a pdf.

Of the hundreds of pdfs I have saved in my iphone/ipad, there's ever only about a single page within the pdf that's relevant. If I were able to introduce those pages within Goodreads by hyperlinking text, I'd be able to put into context…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be great if the user can decide where the toolbar located (Left, right, or Top)
    Like other painting software, I can use left hand to switch between tools without moving my wrist

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow a thicker textmarker. The 7.7 mm aren't enough for some slides.
    I also use sometimes the textmarker for highlighting something by holding the marker for a perfekt rectangular - and therefore it also should be possible to make a thicker line.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Many people use good notes for planner or as a diary. It would be very helpful one could add a reminder entry or calendar entry during taking notes . For example just button that shows entry of reminder at that place. Also reminder app will have an entry so that it will notify you when needed. Perhaps as a separate purchase. Like pencil planner app in app store.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like the native attachment retained so that an attachment dragged onto a GoodNotes page can be dragged off and back to original. I currently see a transformation that prevents the drag off. This improvement would increase the versatility of GoodNotes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When you write on the last sheet,it had better add a new sheet automatically after the last one sheet,we don’t need to use finger to pull up,and the sheet be continued.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. while im writing , there should be an extra page ready always. makes for such a good writing experience. you don't need always go and add the same template. an extra page is just ready for you to continue you work

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Being able to share and download actual sticker packs or “elements” on the community section. Right now all the stickers are just a note with the stickers on it and you have to screenshot and crop all the “freebie” stickers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hey, disabledish person here! I have very mild dystonia which makes my arms tense. Writing on paper is more painful than on my iPad. I have very mild OCD & my handwriting is very unstable. I can’t handle writing a letter without redoing it at least once. I hope that a better pen is released before the next school year starts. Thank you for even reading this!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bug: the new iPad mini 6 doesn't have the settings for stylus and palm rejection. I'm guessing that it isn't on the list of supported devices yet. Extremely inconvenient because a finger touch draws and there is no way to turn this off.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. While filling out forms one uses the text box tool many times. The default font size should be of the size used in the last text box, and not 24 every time, so that the user doesn’t have to change it every time as per the need.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 我希望笔的粗细的调整范围能够更大些

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I like using the flash card feature of GoodNotes and it works just fine on my iPad. However, on Mac, the window is so small, I cannot properly read my answers.

I'd like the window size to be adjusted so one can comfortably read the entire flash card on a large display. There's enough room for it.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?