Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

6974 results found

1. When inserting a picture taken by camera at real time, I need the scanned version, rather than the original picture. This function is supported by OneNote a long time ago, and they call it "Blackboard" mode in the camera. I hope this can be added to GoodNotes as well. Thank you~

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Many users are asking for technical drawing aids (rulers, protractors, triangle rulers, etc.)
    A very quick workaround [not a final solution, but a helpful start] would be to include a sticker collection containing some drawing tools on transparent backgrounds.
    I am aware that now one can create sticker packs by oneself, but not all users might come up with the idea / would know how to do it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Many users asked for a ruler but in my opinion it makes more sense to add a triangle ruler as a new funktion, because then you can't only measure lenghts, but also measure angles and draw straight.
    Especially in math or physics classes, you often have to measure or draw angles.
    And putting your physical triangle ruler on the iPad isn't a nice long-term solution, is it?
    Therefore I would be happy about a triangle ruler funktion in GoodNotes 5 :D.

431 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Es wäre sehr hilfreich, wenn man die Lernkarten (z.B. für Vokabeln) in beide Richtungen abfragen lassen könnte.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The little blue box that shows up in the zoom box for you to continue writing can be great and also annoying.

It could definitely be more cursive friendly, maybe drop over to the next space once you start writing and not when you finish?

Or make it so we can make it bigger when the next word is more the three letter?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'd like to use those gestures when editing images, elements and shapes.
    Those gestures are such a fundamental part of iOS/iPadOS that it feels strange when I constantly try to use them but they don’t work in GoodNotes.
    Especially since other gestures like a three-finger pinch to copy are supported.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can we please get the option to set the toolbar left or right. this way it is easier to switch pens and tools.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Support for mathematic tools like a measuring ruler or a protractor of sorts would really help as there is no way to actually measure the line length right now

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The current dark mode in GN is simply turning the theme into dark, but not the document. This is not particularly useful, and the dark mode seems to appeal only to people who at the start make the notes with a dark background. What I suggest is to introduce two types of dark nodes and let users have the freedom to choose between the two. The other dark mode would turn every colour into its “opposite” colour (MarginNote does this with their dark mode, and I do find that experience much better). It would be really great if you could…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Writing on the edges of the paper is difficult as the sheet auto centers. Please let me shift the page off-center.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ist es möglich eine Funktion einzufügen, welche es ermöglicht die Antwortseite der Lernkarten zu vergrößern? Bspw. durch ein einfaches anklicken?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Loving the flashcard feature so far. Only thing that would make it more convenient would be allowing some sort of draw feature so that I can mentally dump the answer onto something I can see. For example I'm trying to memorize chemical structures and would like to draw it out first then compare it to the answer.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Pen color sets that can be grouped together so we can slide across horizontally for each group rather than scroll down continuously.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please include an option to disable the zoom window and the highlighting/selection features entirely. I prefer to zoom and select manually and it’s annoying to have the app constantly highlighting parts of my musical score or to see the black “zoom” option button appear just because I’ve touched the screen a bit too long.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I will use different pen style when taking notes in class. I need to switch very quickly. But Goodnotes only can quick switch 3 colours which is not enough.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I use GoodNotes to take notes during lectures but I also do a lot of my homework in this app. I wish I could at least perform some basic math calculations without leaving the app. Right now, if I want to do any calculations for math class or some other class, I need to leave the app in order to do a Google search or I have to use my phone to do it.

It would be helpful if I could write out the problems with the Apple Pencil and GoodNotes would be able to help me perform some basic…

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Would it work for you to open a calculator app as a slide over app and then just swipe it in from the side when it is needed? You won’t have to leave GoodNotes for it and you can easily make some quick calculations.

18. The Lasso Tool should be integrated into the Zoom Window. I believe this feature would be useful to many others who are accustomed to using the Zoom Window for normal writing. It's tedious to have to exit the window just to move objects around, change the color, or other common tasks using the lasso. Being able to utilize the lasso without having to exit the Zoom Window every time would just increase ease of use.

Thanks!

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I initially had a custom pen color palette with no problems. However, after I decided to delete my colors and replace them with newever colors, my palette always resets to the old custom palette I had. I constantly lose the new colors I create and this occurs for my highlighter colors too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Give users an option to not snap the main view to the zoom window whenever the zoom window moves: just have the main view stay on content

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?