Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7122 results found

1. When I set the scrolling direction in Goodnotes to vertical, and I scroll up or down, the document keeps moving when I lift my finger or fingers.

This happens occasionally in other apps if I swipe very fast, but in Goodnotes it seems to happen any time I'm not super careful. That means it happens way too often!

This makes it hard to get the page to the place I want. If I'm presenting from the iPad, I keep accidentally scrolling to the wrong page. And I personally find it very unpleasant to look at--it's almost nauseating.

Please, turn down…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Can you Add lock notes for more privacy.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hello,
    Do you know while writing with Samsung pencil, it makes sound like writing on paper. I thought this feature might have to do apple updates, but recently, while using ‘Lake’ app, they added this feature that when you use brush, it will make sound like you are using it on paper. It gives overall such a nice feel.
    I do not want to use paperlike because it deteriorate screen appearance but what I do love is the sound of writing on paper. Please please add this feature. If ‘Lake’ people can do it, you too can.
    Thanks a lot.…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hallo,

Ich nutze GoodNotes nun seit einiger Zeit und bin sehr davon angetan. Ich habe davor ein Jahr lang Notability getestet und muss sagen, dass das einzige was mich bei GoodNotes hält die Schnelltaste für Formen ist. Um Notability eine Nasenlänge voraus zu sein wären meiner Meinung nach folgende Verbesserungen Nötig:

1. Es sollte möglich sein ausgeschnittene Textstücke,Bilder oder sonstiges von einer Seite auf die Nächste zu verschieben ohne die ausschnitte erst ausschneiden und dann wieder einfügen zu müssen. Wenn man mal schnell eine Seite umsortieren will stört dieser Vorgang den Workflow erheblich.

2.Wenn man ausschnitte von einem Aufgabenblatt ausschneidet und…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In the way that you can save your favorite brushes, meaning type, color and size, in other apps so you can quickly switch between the main brushes you use in a document, it would be nice if Goodnotes had a similar option as well. It would really speed up my note taking proces if I could quickly switch between different pens and highlighters.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Maybe add things like a ruler / triangular ruler to make it easier to use goodnotes in math / geometric classes.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please consider to add a huge sheet as an option (bigger than A0). That would be great (like OneNote has it) .A really big sheet (with lines or squares) where you can brainsorm and load pictures and other pdf in it. if you add a pdf the sheet will get bigger.
    This would also be great for students who have a big script and want to add note to the side of the document insead of adding new pages

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be great if had multiple selection feature for adding images from gallery to my notebooks

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Your pdf sizes are too big, when I compare it other pdfs in terms of page numbers. That creates a big problem in iCloud free users and who have limited storage like 32 GB. Also, the program runs sometimes slow in notebooks with many pages.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be tremendous to have the ability to launch the page organizer (with Thumbnails, Favorites, Outlines) via a keyboard shortcut. Furthermore, once in that window, it would be handy to be able to jump between the Thumbnails, Favorites, and Outlines views.

I use all 3 of those organizational features in different ways within the same notebook, but navigation can get cumbersome. Having these navigational shortcuts would be a game changer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If you've ever used procreate, you know what I'm referring to.

The zoom out / zoom in is an annoying aspect (I'm an avid Goodnotes user so I mean this without malicious intent) when trying to focus on a specific area of the page to write notes on. Let's say for example I am focusing on a diagram I'm drawing and want to zoom out on that specific area to only see my diagram and focus on that area, it's not possible; when zooming out, the whole page is zoomed out. I would love to have zoom in/ out that…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. search result is incorrect
    I have type "afe" in the search box, it return me many result such as "after", "affair", "african"
    pls fix it immediately, this should not be occurred.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. search result is incorrect
    I have type "afe" in the search box, it return me many result such as "after", "affair", "african"
    pls fix it immediately, this should not occur, goodnote 4 is a lot better than 5

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. search result is incorrect
    pls fix it immediately, this should not occur, goodnote 4 is a lot better than 5

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. This would extremely useful as I use these tools frequently with one stroke.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add text option to PDF. Microsoft One Note allows drawing and text typing. Please do the same for cleaner notes option which allows mobile users to also add emojis from keyboard!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Good Notes is the best programm I have used in overall performance. I often use the "Draw and Hold" mechanic. The only thing that annoys me is that i can'T erase things, which I draw in a circle. It always deletes the whole circle! It would be great to have the circle behave like the square: You can erase things which are written in the square and erase the square by erasing the edge!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Double-tapping the erasure tool brings up some options. Add an objects switch to allow me to turn that off. This way I can hand-draw a quick chart and begin filling it with text. Now if I need to make changes I can simply turn off objects and not have to worry about erasing the cell borders.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hi ,
    I have switched to your app after about 10 years of using other apps. This app is great, has lots of fantastic features that make it superior to others and is very convenient to use. But it also lacks some features too.

Voice recording and importing is crucial, especially now that Samsung has added it to its app.
    Also other multimedia formats are cool to be added , like short video clips, gifs and etc...
    Please update, others already have , Samsung has added voice, folders, importing PDFs and a lot of features that they didn’t have, they…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?