Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7144 results found

1. Please add the ability to set margins on both sides of handwriting paper. The auto advance works great, but since you cannot set the margin on the right side of the paper, the handwriting often goes right to the edge of the paper before the auto-return takes you to the next line.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. So far so good!
    I’d like to see a new layout implemented. I’m sure most users use Outlines to organize their notebooks so it’d make perfect sense to have a fast way to access the outline of the notebook without having to press on the four Rectangle button and then click on Outline (when being in thumbnails or favorites).
    So my recommendation is to have a button to directly show the notebook outline, since I’m working a lot with lectures slides and I have one notebook for each course. The placement of the button could be near the title on…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Two fingers, double tap for undo is too much. Why not a single tap with two fingers?

2. Add meta changes to the undo stack: if I add or remove a page, I want to be able to undo (or redo) it, same for template change.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Zoom box bug:

When using the zoom box, sections of it incrementally become unusable over time by a creeping white screen, usually after only 1 or 2 minutes of writing

Why?? When will this be fixed?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be AMAZING if it were possible to auto backup to iCloud Drive just like it's possible to backup to Google Drive or Dropbox. There are so many people who this would help, and it would make it so much easier to store and organize files on a Mac, or even just on an iPad.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please add Duplicate. Otherwise, we are stuck with Copy, then long click to show the Paste menu, then clicking Paste.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. How about an extendable (in centimeters/ adjustable) section to the left/right of scanned documents where you can take notes (in line with opening a new tab but a little bit more streamlined). This way you could have annotations within the document and more real estate for actually writing within the document.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. last week I had to edit many summaries that were in the wrong format and I got tendonitis from having to keep clicking to increase the spacing between the lines. it would help a lot if we could edit and write the size we want, in addition to having the + and -

p.s.: i use good notes for mac

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Imagine that you are taking notes out of a 1500 pages PDF and you don’t want to go back and forth between outlined pages. You could simply make a link to that page and paste it over one/more of your notebook/s.

I have this issue because i work with european laws and every manual has a lot of pages. Sometimes instead of writing down an infinite law I prefer to go check it out instantly instead of searching manually or using multitasking in GoodNotes.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow text to be added directly to the paper rather than using text boxes. This will create a more seamless structure of handwriting and text like Notability. A text box that shifts around the screen has its uses, but as a primary text input method, it is a disappointing experience. Where lined paper is used, the lines should also adapt to the font size and text positioning in a similar way to notability. When pictures are added to the document, the text should wrap around it. Allow text styling, alignment and bullet features that are present in most text editors.…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create and save and share my own penstyle. Like Procreate or PS. Surely No need to be too powerful like procreate. But More efficient shortcut to different style preset is neccesary.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Una de las mejores características del nuevo teléfono celular (de cualquier teléfono celular, sinceramente) es la capacidad de escuchar radio en línea desde https://emisorasderadionline.es/. Después de todo, sin una radio FM, la única forma de recibir la música que se está reproduciendo es conectar su teléfono a su sistema de radio FM a través del sintonizador FM dentro del estéreo de su automóvil. Entonces, para un teléfono promedio, el fabricante tendría que quitarle el chip FM para permitir que el teléfono reciba música. ¡No es exactamente la mejor experiencia! Afortunadamente, los avances tecnológicos recientes han hecho posible recibir señales…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would appreciate it if it was possible to not download all documents on every device but rather save them in the cloud and download them when needed. Looking at how it is right now GoodNotes takes up way too much space on my devices and i would like for that to change.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Every single time I paste text into GoodNotes from another source I have to resize, change font and MOST ANNOYINGLY undo the “indentation” and “misalignment” of text by using the return and backspace. The indentation happens even when the original text is all parallel and doesn’t have an indentation. I literally spend about 3-4 minutes each page just editing what I pasted to look uniform, parallel and neat. WHY!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Can we have keyboard shortcuts for most features on the app pls ahah. Like people are actually starting to use the app on MacBooks or even when on iPads most people use keyboards. like cmd+f for search and stuff. NGL Notion is pretty good at this, get on their level goodnotes.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The shape tool is nice but needs some tweeking/bug fixes

• shapes should a "first class citizen". Once drawn (or inserted) it should be able to resize, change colour and border thickness. Currently a drawn shape can be scaled and moved but never changed in any other way.
    • sometimes I just want a box but ends up drawing something that isn't 90 degrees in all four corners. I have to undo and redraw and it just kills momentum
    • when I erase hand written text inside a shape and then erase it, I also always erase the background fill.
    • connected arrows. I'd…
    39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Dear Goodnotes sales team.

Thank you for your great service.
    I`ve used Goodnotes 4 for 7 years from 2014 and I was really satisfied with your app before I knew released new version in App Store in the middle of 2020 and finished free upgrade service when I knew it.

Unforturnately, I missed free upgrade service you provided to Goodnote4 user. But I sometimes thought it is really I am unluckly because I missed free upgrade service or Goodnote team is very unkind and unfriendly compared your other competitor like Flexcil.

I try to use Flexcil app resently, this app…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Seyes template or french school ruling template would be nice. It is possible though to copy one as a pdf and use it as a background, but this would be a nice add on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I want to feel like reading a real paper book by flipping the pages instead of scrolling down and up.
    For example iBook I add photo shows my idea

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. anki style flashcards with better revision methods, reminders given test date, better UI (sleeker/cleaner), separate page for flashcard decks, revision history and records of progress

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?