Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

6975 results found

1. When importing an image as a new page from a sharesheet it appears with a huge white border. Only tried this from discord so far.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. For example, being able to add a template like graph paper onto the Zoom Window function and changing how opaque that template is on the function (to write neater and more in a straight line on imported documents!).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. You should add a feature that enables people to add a definition to words they highlight. When reading over your notes, you can then tap on that highlighted word and the definition will pop up.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The dark paper templates are grey. I like them but black templates would be a lot easier on the eyes.
    I tried importing a custom template but the zoom feature didn’t work well with it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. IOS Sharing direct to Goodnotes irregardless of what the source application is. Currently Evernote and OneNote appear to be able to receive just about any share from any application on MacOs and IOS. Screenshot attached of a sample of what they are able to do. I also have a screen shot of how I can send an application to either Evernote or OneNote. Being able to share an output directly from an app into Goodnotes removes a 1 or 2 step necessity that would require a user to transform the output into pdf and then go into Goodnotes and import…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow us to insert various shapes like stars and hearts and also have drawn hearts/stars recognized and converted to shapes

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Say you’re drawing a graph and decide later you want to change the color of the lines for better distinction. I’d like to select that one line with the drawing tool and be given the option to change its color and thickness. Although this can be done using the lasso tool, I found that using lasso makes it difficult to isolate one line when it’s intertwined with other lines on the graph. It’d be much easier to make edits with the drawing tool. If you use notability, you’ll know what I’m talking about

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Automatic offloading of unused notes to iCloud. Similar to how Apple does for its apps, offloaded notes will remain visible as a thumbnail which will be downloaded locally when trying to open the note.

This would help users with limited storage space to keep storage utilisation minimal.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I just need “categories” shortcut button as in Goodnotes 4. This is THE MOST convenient thing that this app MUST HAVE. Many people have a lot of files and folders. We just want to reach to the file we want to use instantly when it pops in our head without tapping “back and back, and back, and back” over and over just to reach the main “Documents” page first. That’s why the Goodnotes 4 has advantage over Goodnotes 5.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like to define a personal title string as replacement for "Untitled (Draft)"

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Drag and drop pdfs in Mac OS is annoying because you have to export, save, and then drag (or export to mail and drag, etc). Then rename the document.... I’ve noticed other 3rd party apps have extensions which would allow import through the share icon in Preview or other apps like Safari. Would love to see that feature! Would make workflow a lot smoother.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. First chose the sentence or word range or something you want to hide to remember.
    Second , changes the mode normal to hide mode, then the range you chose first would be disappear , and if you want to check the answer of the range , the double tap the range.
    It will be more usable for all users.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Continually exporting my notes into pdf result in endless filenames, if the file already exists: „Copy of Copy of Copy of Copy of filename.pdf“.

To prevent this, a checkbox „overwrite, if file exists“ in the pdf-export-options would be very helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add teaching page templates such as day planners with periods and student assessment logs found in teacher diaries!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Often when reading scientific literature, one has to quickly jump between certain pages (eg text and appendix or literature). A great way to improve the workflow in this condition would be the option to quickly jump between marks, for example by including little arrows left and right of the mark button. One could mark the appendix site and afterwards, when reading through the text, mark the current side, jump with the right arrow to the appendix, and then jump back to the current side using the left arrow.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The average engineering student spends most of their time either taking notes or exercising and practicing off a sheet much like the one visible in the screenshots.
    The current situation provides no comfortable way of displaying the assignments without the use of a secondary device or constantly "tabbing" back and forth between assignments and notes to copy them.

As of iPad OS 13.4.1, Apple has still not implemented horizontal split-screen with many users suggesting that it may never happen.

A splitscreen feature within GoodNotes would provide an elegant and intuitive solution in any situation where both viewing a document and…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hello Goodnotes team! First of all, I would like to say that I love using your app. Ever since I started studying on an Ipad with goodnotes my productivity improve 100%. I love how clean and intuitive the software is. I also really like the cloud integration. This is where my first feature request comes from as well. Actually, I believe it is more of a bug. On some of the pdfs of my notes which are auto uploaded to google drive, the highlighter doesn't display properly. Instead, it looks like a series of triangles. Another request I have is…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1) Make the text box to be limited to the paper's boundaries and continues the text automatically to the next page (similar to Microsoft Word) as soon as you hit the bottom of the paper

2) Make Indentation possible with bullet points and other symbols

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?