Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7086 results found

1. Include the ability to save vocabulary searched through dictionary for a later time

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I name my documents in the following way:

2020-11-15 Team Discussion
    2020-11-17 Meeting with ...
    2020-11-18 anything

I would like to see the document with the youngest date string on top. Sorting by date doesn't help in any case, because sometimes I change something in a document - but the sorting shouldn't be affected ...

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I write my notes in 2-3 languages, mainly in Indonesian which Goodnotes does not have a ‘recognize’ feature on. Please add Indonesian and also enable the search feature to search in more than 1 languages, this would be especially handy to bilingual/multilingual speakers and also language learners.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Drawing shapes such as boxes or ovals around handwritings for highlighting certain words or phrases causes inaccurate handwritings recognition in GN5. The reason seems to be that GN5 treats shapes drawn by the shape tools just like regular handwritings made by the pen tool, unlike Notability.

The only workaround seems to be only using the highlighter tool for emphasizing certain text since GN5 doesn't consider highlighters as text to be recognized, but the highlighter tool doesn't offer precise thickness control unlike the pen tool.

Notability seems to treat both the highlighter and the shapes differently to the handwriting made by…

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please add a writing section tool to make space in the document, as on OneNote. The Lasso toll takes a little too long

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When pressing 3 times, switch to the next open tab

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. customization of the tools in the toolbar.
    -To be able to place the tools in the order you want
    - Within the tools as a marker, you can choose the intensity of the color (brightness)

• Be able to create annotation routines, for example that the program detects or you introduce some patterns so that when you select a certain color or marker it already acquires a certain thickness or (better option ->) recognition of certain symbols so that it automatically changes to a tool (previously defined) and to save us having to change manually (((for example I write a "-"…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I use goodnotes to documents conditions in the field- taking lots of phots using the camera tool. I would like to be able to export those photos as JPG or TIFF or some photo format for using in other apps, like word for writting reports. The only way I have been able to export an actual photo is to share the individual photo. This is not efficient when I have hundreds of photos to upload. There should be a method to export the individual photos in a notebook all at once. Exporting the notebook as a pdf does not work…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. the line spacing drag bar under paragraph, is really difficult to get the spacing right. if we could have that... and/or be able to type in the number we need for spacing. that would greatly help. I'm constantly messing with it and when I let go it jumps to another number. >.<

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can you put in image scaling for covers? Not the import image function, it's when importing Covers via the Notebook Templates Section.

Example, I find a free image I like, and download it, but when opening, find that it's square in shape. If I import this to the covers section, it retains it's square shape, and still, when selecting it for a cover image, it converts the size of the page to square to fit it's size.

What would be great is to be able to import a certain image, and convert it to the NOTEBOOK page size. For example,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like to be able to upload my own notebook cover from my camera roll. This would allow for personal pictures, aesthetically pleasing wallpaper covers, and individually made decorated covers with our title on it.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hi, the shapes figure option has a lot of difficulty recognizing hexagones and octogones, and double lines. It would be really nice to be able to draw those shapes for organic chemistry! Thank you so much!

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Good notes is the perfect app for maths practise as maths requires a lot of practise. It would be great if you could just select a set of equations and the app would automatically detect the variables and numbers and solve the equations. This would be of tremendous help

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If It isn’t only picture also some movie can insert books ,that’s wonderful!It will be compressed size and adjusted duration while insert function by edit view. Movie size should be compressed to prevent it become big file size. This is great helping to business use. We can make more visible and easy understanding report to all. Movie duration is enough only 5sec.duration / pc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I'm a teacher and I use Goodnotes for marking many assessments seeing as we are largely remote nowadays, it would be nice to change the number of pages we see in each row (even if that means making the icons smaller). For example, in a test that was four pages long, I can bookmark the start of each new student's test and it lines up nicely, but if I am marking anything other than a four page test, it doesn't - if possible, it would be great to pick and choose how many pages are seen per row (like a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Would be nice if you can set different scroll options for different documents. For example scroll the lesson presentation vertically and your notes horizontally when having them side by side, as its annoying to scroll horizontally when you have that much pages as presentations have

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I think it would be nice if I can take a picture of a handwritten document and the app will generate a digital "Goodnotes version" of it rather than just taking a photo of it. Everything I can do with a typical Goodnotes document I can do the same in this digital version.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. "Smart folder" could automatically sort all notes by date, keywords, tags, type of content ...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When one page Dosent have enough space and I want to link smtg like an example question on a later page, I want to add a link to the question which switches the user to the first page where there wasn’t enough space

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?