Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7074 results found

1. Hello:

I would really appreciate it if you could allow the users to add a watermark or put a lock in pdfs, because I'm a teacher and i grade all my student's assignments on GooNotes.

I can add a logo image or a draw and put it as a watermark but it' would save me a lot of time if i could edit the position and/or transparency of certain objects and images, because i have a ton of documents to grade.

Thank you for your attention.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add an ability to add a little area to the sides of the page so we can maybe write more notes or draw according to the slides we're on

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I see that outlines and bookmarks are preserved if you select "Editable" in the export options, but I would like these things to be preserved for "Flattened" PDFs too.

In other words, it would be great if outlines, bookmarks, and hyperlinks would be preserved in exported PDF when the file format is set to “Flattened” in the export options.

This is because (1) only "Flattened" PDFs include the embedded handwriting recognition layer upon export, and (2) "Flattened" PDFs are significantly smaller (and don't lag in other PDF viewers, like "Editable" PDFs do).

Thank you so much!

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be super helpful to be able to tag files/folders by color. Sometimes I have a bunch of folders (or files) but I mainly use a few of them. It would be helpful to be able to add highlights/colors to these to find them easier. Similar to in Finder in macs (see screenshot)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be super helpful to be able to tag files/folders by color. Sometimes I have a bunch of folders (or files) but I mainly use a few of them. It would be helpful to be able to add highlights/colors to these to find them easier. Similar to in Finder in macs (see screenshot)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. in the vertical (tablet) mode is a lot of space to the side of the sites. show the next site at the same time like a normal book

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Just like it's possible to scroll all the way up/down by tapping once at the top/bottom of the screen, it'd be handy to have the ability to do the same thing on any notebook.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be so great to close multiple tabs at once. When I finished studying a subject, I have to close 10-20 tabs before I begin the next subject. It would be so nice to be able to tap and hold and have an option come up to ‘close all tabs’. Thanks!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Optional (on/off or even multiples of X degrees) angle snap for lines. Example: setting: every 15 degrees, if I drew a line and held it between 28 and 32 degrees, it would automatically snap to 30 degrees. As an engineering student who draws a lot of shapes, it would be awesome.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Drawing assistant such as a ruler with scales and angle measurement that can help in STEM courses

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. As A user of goodnotes 5, I would like to have the newest Page shown at The front of The Page list so that my most recent notes are The first seen. When I need to add A new Page I would like to do that with a pull to the right. Because I care about my follow goodnotes-5 users, I would like to have Page order be selectable as Newest at Front or Newest at Back. Thank you for your consideration of the feature request.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. PLEASEEEEEEEE make the 'Two finger tap, Three finger tap' undo/redo an option for users, I am constantly undoing/redoing things on accident just by writing. It is SO FRUSTRATING because I have been using the actual 'undo' button in the toolbar for years and am so used to reaching for it. all of the recent updates are GREAT, except that you don't have the option to 'opt-out' for certain changes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. most folks put lecture notes into goodnotes folders. So it would be really cool to have a "not done" button as a way to label notes that the students haven't finished so they can easily find them if they want to go back to them.

The "not done button" is similar to the "favorite button", so it can be added easily

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Zoom Notes offers a handwriting/calligraphy pen. Step up the game and offer more pens. Give GoodNotes 5 an updo and catch up with Noteshelf and Zoom Notes pen options for hand written documents that need a style. I never use the boring pens GoodNotes 5 has to offer.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hi, goodnotes developers.
    I've been using goodnotes application for years and I think Goodnotes 5 should have a "Categories" shourcut as in goodnotes 4. It's more convenient than tapping "back" again and again until I reach the main documents page. I have many subfolders so that shoutcut is what goodnotes 5/6/7 or whatever should have. Hope you consider this problem. I'm certainly sure that it's not inly me who feel uncomfotable about this. Thank you for your hard working!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. We’ll see what we can do about it in the future. In the meantime, you can avoid having to tap the back button multiple times and instead tap on the “Documents” icon in the tab bar at the bottom to jump straight to the root folder level.

16. I like to annotate the articles I read with scribbles, notes, sketches, etc.

So when I find an interesting story, rather than reading the online version, I screenshot it on my iPad, and then select the option to save the whole page as one long single-page PDF, rather than just saving the PNG of the screenshotted image.

Ufortunatly, on some web pages this doesn’t capture the whole page, an so the last few paragaphs might be missing.

Here’s what I’d like to be able to do when that happens.

First, take screenshots of the material that’s missing and save these…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be awesome if different documents could remember the pen options for each of them. This feature was available in GoodNotes 4, but I was shocked that it disappeared in 5. I usually need to switch between several documents each requiring a different pen size/color, and I almost went mad after typing the desired pen option for 100 times because it was not remembered for each doc. I have been bearing with Goodnotes 5 for half a year, and I will probably switch to Goodnotes 4 if this simple and useful feature is still not implemented.

280 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. You need to deeply think through the workflow around signing complex documents. Apple Mail now handles simple signatures directly within the email app. But this doesn't always work.

The workflow with Goodnotes (and all other apps, mostly because of sandboxing of common document types like PDF, which should not be sandboxed because they do no harm--but no one on the planet will convince Apple because Jobs didn't like file systems and no one at Apple can contest the memories of the infallible Jobs). Phew.

There are several problems specific to Goodnotes for this obvious and common business scenario:
    1. Goodnotes…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your detailed feedback about the email workflows. In fact, we are thinking about this and have implemented a feature that should shorten these steps for you already and let you automate parts of it to a certain extent. We call it “Email to GoodNotes”. It allows you to automatically import PDF attachments to emails that are sent to a unique GoodNotes email address.
    You can read more about it here: https://support.goodnotes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000477276-Using-Email-to-GoodNotes-for-importing-PDF-files

By using services like Zapier or IFTTT, you can also automatically forward email to this address, so that PDF attachments will always show up in your GoodNotes “inbox” when your defined criteria are met (for example from a specific sender).

Of course, this doesn’t yet help for the step of the workflow where you have to send the file back.

19. Have the ability to annotate the original PDF file from the Files app (or Google Drive) and keep it in sync across different apps without having to import and essentially create a second version of the file in GoodNotes

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. How about that?!
    There seems to be a bug you didn't fix with your last update for the Mac.
    When we select a text in a page, we have to click somewhere else to deselect it ON THE SAME PAGE IT WAS SELECTED and only then we can select Text in another page.
    Sorry for the Caps, it's for emphasis on the problem.

Assuming most are working with lecture slides, pages are not really pages but short slides with some text on them.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?