Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7214 results found

1. I loved WunderList and used it extensively to keep track of all the things I needed to do - until Microsoft ruined it. I have since reverted to using the Apple Reminders app. It is ok, but nothing like WunderList. It would be very nice for GoodNotes to have something similar to WunderList, whereby when you have a listed item then you complete it by checking a box, the item disappears. If you want to go back and look at what was completed or you completed something by accident, you can look at all the items on the checklist.

Also,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hello,
    First of all I must say that I love the app and the overall workflow it provides. However, I found few small issues that I think could really improve the performance:

1. I would like to be able to export selected pages. Sometimes I need to send pdf of 2-3 pages from my notes and I cannot do it easily.

2. I would like to be able to share whole folder with my cooworkers

3. I would like to notify my coworkers when I edit something in the document. Maybe some kind of pop-up notification or icon would be enough.

These are…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be great to have the option to autodeselect the highlighter and lasso tool like it is with the eraser. Would make note taking a lot faster!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be much easier to be able to press on the screen and type on the GN's template lines. The text in the text boxes don't match with the template lines, and typing only looks decent on the blank template.

Also when typing with the text boxes, if the lines exceeds the page size, the words disappear unless you make the text smaller instead of continuing on the next page. This makes pasting text time consuming given that you have to keep adjusting the text so that it's visible in the text box.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When using the shape tool, make it so that when the line is relatively close to horizontal, make it snap into perfectly horizontal. Underlining pdf's is hard when all the straight lines are slightly slanted. I think this worked until the update 3 days ago. Thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Have the partial eraser tool erase by pixel instead of sections

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hope to add the function of global handwritten to text and the function of text box content splitting at will.
    Global handwriting to text: because writing is not as good-looking as standard font, you want to add global handwriting to handwriting. That is, select the pen column to add a function. When this function is turned on, all handwriting will be converted to standard font by default, and the font size is equal to that of handwriting.
    Text box random split function: because some text is obtained by OCR, after entering the text box, the whole text box is a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Suggestion: Make the slide sizes bigger and empty spaces in between smaller.

Why: The overview of documents is supposed to give a clear overview for users,
    yet the small slide sizes and big empty spaces counter this purpose and make it extremely difficult to read and scroll through documents in an efficient manner.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Goodnotes currently compresses images when importing them into a document. Having the ability to deactivate the compression of images will help greatly in those who import images as templates very often. Please consider making this option available while also making sure this won't lag the document.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It needs notification time review and no need to change when I study it three times a day.
    The button study again like a counter without any conditions.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. An idea would be to have a category called Coloring, Self-color, or Animate where we can insert an image and it colors the image and fills it in for us and can also recognize the colors in the image as well.It would be especially helpful for coloring in diagrams and pictures for school subjects such as anatomy for example, so we don’t have to take so much time coloring it in ourselves and it would be a lifesaver for all of us.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like GoodNotes to have the justified text option

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The backup options are usually services that require you to pay for storage which some people may be unable to do. Google Drive is the only storage place that doesn’t charge to store large amounts of data. I only have one google email and I don’t want my school notes getting mixed in with other files I have on my drive.

I’d like to propose GoodNotes Drive (separate from the GoodNotes app) where we can back up all our notes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I love using cornell notes, but since the paper is ruled, if i type something in, I have to constantly adjust spacing or text size so that the text is not obscured by the lines. I’ve been drawing out my own cornell notes on blank paper but it’d be so much easier to have a template already in place to do that.

Other options like grid or dotted paper would be nice to so that it’s easier to draw graphs.

In the pictures, one photo shows cornell notes on dotted paper (it makes it easier to draw straight lines. On…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hi, I am a mechanical engineering student and use good notes a lot for lecture notes and calculations. For quick drawings of periodic functions it would be nice, if good notes would recognize sin-/cos- shaped drawings of functions. Like the spline recognition, you could add control points to adjust phase, amplitude etc. and number of displayed periods.
    Kind regards, Simon

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In presenting mode, rather than showing the full page or what the presenter page, can you introduce a feature that allows just one area of the page to be locked in the presentation so that I can write on this section and isolate it from the rest of the page while allowing me to read on/work ahead while my students read through what is on the board.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Have the ability to lock the app to always force a certain orientation. iPad OS is much more productive in landscape mode, so locking the goodnotes app would allow the use of goodnotes portrait mode without having to constantly toggle the apple orientation lock whenever I open and close the app.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. My handwriting is not that good and so the OCR results are not able to recognise most of the time so I couldn't take notes with peace of mind.Each time I write GoodNotes takes it as different letters or words, so when I search back couldn’t find what I want. It would be benefited if OCR Feature can take feedback of individual style of writing to recognise the letters and words. Saddest experience is my brother’s Samsung notes app doing this part well and could recognise my strokes well even though mine is terrible and I was shocked that GoodNotes…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?