Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7213 results found

1. A page where you can write words on the left side and the definition on the right side. The entries will be sorted automatically alphabetical.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Currently enabling or disabling auto advance requires 4 'clicks': 1. the 'three dots' menu button 2. document editing 3. enabling/disabling auto advance 4. closing the menu window.

As someone who frequently switches between marking up documents (where I don't use auto advance) and my own notebooks (where I do use auto advance), it can be annoying to have to go through this process tens of times per day.

It would be nice if there was a shortcut, or if one could optionally pin the auto advance option to the toolbar.

Cheers!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Some time I use GoodNotes for test practicing, and I snap screen some test questions to another Note, then writing answers, when I want re-test, I have to use eraser to erase handwriting, cause I want those pic of "Questions" not be erased, so I wonder if you can add a function to filter 'quick erase hole page'
    thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I’d like to have a functionality similar to OneNote where I can invert notebook background color and my gray scale stroke colors. I like to write notes in dark mode on a dark background, so it doesn’t hurt my eyes. But when viewing or exporting, I’d like it to have a white background and black strokes.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I am trying to print a range of pages in Goodnotes 5.

I pull up thumbnail view of the pages in my notebook. I click Select, then mark the pages I'd like to print, then export to PDF, then I am not given an option to print the pages. I am only given options to upload to cloud, save to iPad, etc. The only printing features I can find in Goodnotes 5 are to print the current page and to print the entire notebook.

I had no problems doing this in Goodnotes 4. Please fix.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I wish to be able to choose which documents to share to devices, and which to leave in the clouds. I want my planner on my phone and iPad, but I don’t need my notes from work on my iPad.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Implementation of Gif or short clip would be really helpful for physics and chemistry students studying anharmonic oscillator or streching and bending of different chemical bonds.. Those gif will be really helpful..!!

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be great to have automatic color changing toggle for dark mode. Adobe Acrobat as such feature.
    https://www.guidingtech.com/pdf-readers-night-mode/

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I Struggle a lot with my handwriting and while it’s still legible it’s not always astethic so I would greatly appreciate a feature in which as you write it gets converted to text as you go (you can switch this off in your settings). The most important part is to change the text font, I would love fonts made to look like still handwritten notes. I would also love to be able to change the text font and even download font that many people have put up that looks like writing. This would allow me to still maintain retention and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Now you already have written recognition of Cyrillic through russian language, there are many more Cyrillic based languages - Bulgarian, Serbian, Macedonian, Montenegro, Ukraine, Belarus... I believe it will come to adding more vocabularies into the code of good notes, but it would render app much more usable for hundreds of millions of people. Thanks!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. This would prevent the difference in font sizes when you close your notes and open them back up again. I always forget how far I zoom in so my notes end up looking messy because of the different sizes of some of my sentences.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add an AddOn System where developers can write their own like pens and features.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I think Goodnotes would be more functional and enjoyable if the tools and the zoom box were near each other instead separated. It makes it easier to switch from tool to tool while utilizing the zoom function. Having the tools on the same bar where the indent, shift buttons, and x keys are on the zoom box would be so helpful!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When working with a paper format different from the screen, it is complicated to be able to work in real size (100%), adjusting it manually and by eye, is complex. Some indicator could be shown, to know in which scale you are working and so you can have a better control over the writing size.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I can choose which files or folders that I want to backup to iCloud instead of backing up all the files in GoodNotes.
    Due to my limit storage of iCloud, with this backup option, it would be so helpful!!!!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Right now, it is a little bit complicated to choose new colors in GoodNotes 5 since one has to tap on several menus to arrive at the color wheel. I wish there would a a feature that'd show previously used colors in a palette, down there the usual colors. (Also: adding colors to the palette is confusing! And the hexadecimal RGB-Code shows the value "#ffffff' no matter what color until you move the color picker.)

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add full screen presentation mode.
    Not only during these times of remote meetings, having the possibility to use Goodnotes on the iPad directly is greatly needed.
    Thanks!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. please add the ability to create layers and manipulate layers. Second please add the ability to create text like ZN where you can use any test that is in your ipad

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I am studying electrical engineering and i have to draw a lot of shapes and i struggle with the drawing of rectangles and lines a lot because they never seem to align where i want them to be. Often rectangles are made into circles because i drew them to quick and so on. I wish there was a feature like OneNote where i can just drag a rectangle into the note and resize it. Arrows at the end of then line seems to work randomly and not graduated.

Because of all of this I am constantly looking for other note…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be really cool if you combineed your handwriting recognition with your typing tool. Do stuff like intending lines of handwritten notes, or left justifying your handwritten notes after the fact. (I know you can use the lasso, but sometimes it gets tedious)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?