Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7071 results found

1. I would like the possibility to use continuous pages instead of a set size of a page. The width is okay, but the possibility to scroll down more or less endlessly would be nice. I think this way my notes are more structured because I can have one topic on a page and not over several pages. I know this concept from OneNote and this is the only function I really miss.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I want to request adding a "Select and Search" feature in GoodNotes. This feature would enable users to select a word or sentence within a PDF and click "Search" to initiate a search for that text throughout the document.

This will be a huge time saver and more efficient, especially with study documents that have questions at the end; this will make it easy to look up and review the answers to those questions quickly. Otherwise, especially when I'm using my iPhone on the go, I'd waste time on repetitive unnecessary steps of clicking options, scrolling to find search, and…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Shortcuts to get to books. For instance I want a book to be in two folders since its relevant to two folders. However I dont want different copies of the book in the two folders. I would rather have the book in one folder and a shortcut of it in the other.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be great if lines snapped into place at the intersections of the checkered template (as with Notability). In addition, I would not add a ruler but a information directly next to a line that shows the length of it (as with Freeform). Finally, I would add an icon to the toolbar with which you can quickly draw a coordinate system.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It will be very helpful to have a widget opción for the Home Screen, so you can open a specific document directly from the Home Screen. Please make it happened. 🙏🏼🫶🏼

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1.First of all, we cannot edit when we are not connected to the internet. This is really bad. We should be able to use the application while offline.
    Also, the writing experience with the stylus pen in the android version is not smooth.

2.You should make a trash bin.

3.In order to use pen options more effectively, you should make a floating favorite bar and you should not set a number limit on this feature and we should be able to position this bar horizontally or vertically.

4.There is a 100 mb file size limit when importing notes. This is…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When adding too many flashcards we need a searching tool so we can easily access any flash card we need without having to look through all of them. we need more colors, and themes for the flashcards, adding voice notes would be very helpful as well, and most importantly, swiping between the flashcards needs to be improved.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please add a function so that we can embed audio and video files just like images into good notes. Or at least that we can link them, but embedding would way better. Thank you.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I think, tabs and notebooks should remember several settings, such as the scaling of the notebook, the pen style, and probably several other settings.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I have been using GoodNotes for 2 years now and love it so much! However as someone who has terrible handwriting I use the write to text option everyday. I love it however why the heck does it not have color presets??? All the others writing options have it so why not the text option? This along with saving multiple default fonts, colors, and sizes. Thank you :)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A eye dropper for the pen and high lighter because a lot of people use this app to study or for calendars (including myself) and some people like to group things with high lighters or underline and it’s pretty hard going back and checking if you got the right color or if it’s slightly lighter or darker especially with the highlights

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Let typing mode cover the full page instead of losing some space at the edges, especially at the top and bottom of a page.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Greetings from Việt Nam!
    Hope you guys will add Vietnamese to GoodNotes.
    My handwriting is kinda bad :( really need it for my study :( Thank you

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Being able to add images in comments would improve communicative abilities when reviewing docs and also provide the ability to add references/context images to paragraphs that can collapse into just a comment note. ( and don’t occupy space in the actual page )

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be amazing to have this feature as it's the only thing keeping me from using GoodNotes and not Notability. I'd switch to GoodNotes in a heartbeat if GIFs were supported. Please make it a thing! 🙏

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please add snap to original size like it snaps to original angle, so we could rotate without scaling.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Study set is a good idea for study. However, once a study set is made, I cannot add new entry to it.
    I hope I can add new entries into the existing study set soon.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Zoom out. The cards when you test them get zoomed out, because it’s a flash card you don’t really want to have too much on each one. It would be good if you could zoom away from a card so as to write in your normal sized handwriting on each one. I’m having to use giant pen strokes as if I’m writing on a whiteboard so that they’re legible when I study with them.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I am loving the new typing mode, but an important limitation is it does not currently support writing test in at least two columns (even in the default two- and three-column templates).

Furthermore, the potential workaround of "manually" making columns by tabulating the gap between the desired columns in each line does not work either: after a couple of tabs, the cursor immediately moves down to the next line.

This would be especially useful for e.g. typing vocabulary lists in two languages (one per column) or making long lists with short entries more compact (in terms of numbers of pages).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have a suggestion that I think would make it even more useful for reading and taking notes. When I read a PDF document, I often come across references or links that take me to other pages within the document. This is especially useful when the text contains a reference number or symbol that I need to look up to fully understand the content.

However, one thing that can be frustrating is when I follow a link to a new page and then want to return to the page I was reading before. In order to do this, I have…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?