Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7084 results found

1. Zoom out. The cards when you test them get zoomed out, because it’s a flash card you don’t really want to have too much on each one. It would be good if you could zoom away from a card so as to write in your normal sized handwriting on each one. I’m having to use giant pen strokes as if I’m writing on a whiteboard so that they’re legible when I study with them.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I am loving the new typing mode, but an important limitation is it does not currently support writing test in at least two columns (even in the default two- and three-column templates).

Furthermore, the potential workaround of "manually" making columns by tabulating the gap between the desired columns in each line does not work either: after a couple of tabs, the cursor immediately moves down to the next line.

This would be especially useful for e.g. typing vocabulary lists in two languages (one per column) or making long lists with short entries more compact (in terms of numbers of pages).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have a suggestion that I think would make it even more useful for reading and taking notes. When I read a PDF document, I often come across references or links that take me to other pages within the document. This is especially useful when the text contains a reference number or symbol that I need to look up to fully understand the content.

However, one thing that can be frustrating is when I follow a link to a new page and then want to return to the page I was reading before. In order to do this, I have…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I feel like this has been asked for multiple times, I love Goodnotes duh but the blue folders are so boring to look at. Having the option to change the colors of them would be very beneficial-especially for organization. If we can have so many notebook options, I feel like we should have some more options with the folders.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please add the ability to export audio from the note-taking separately. It would greatly improve GoodNotes and is currently available in the Notability app.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I sell (printed) workbooks for secondary school in Germany.

Is there a possibility to sell workbooks as PDFs (approx. 160 pages) in your pop-up store?

It’s important that the PDFs cannot be shared or forwarded simply to other devices via AirDrop for example, but can only be used within the own account.

Furthermore, I'd like to know if buttons with embedded links are possible in the PDFs?

This would be an interesting market for all textbook publisher (who offer workbooks) if they could sell their books copy-protected through your platform.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. the only thing that makes me want to switch to other note-writing apps is the lack of a pencil tool.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. What would be great would be a feature where you could insert a Cartesian plane and type 1 or more functions in a field for them to then be drawn on top. This would be harder than implementing parabola or trigonometry templates but the result would look far better then a hand drawn option and will be more accurate. Looking at some notes in the community section it's clear to see that a lot of people would benefit from such a feature.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Bullet points and SUB bullet points option in tool bar
    • Change text size through drop down text size menu instead if pressing + and -
    • Presets for Title, Heading, Heading 2, Heading 3 text sizes
    • Being able to choose a default text font
    • Fixing common bug issues like not being able to type, the text box losing its colour, font and text size when copying and pasting, more stable experience
    6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I use different colors for different notebooks and it gets frustrating to change my colors every time i switch notebooks. I think it would be a good idea to have a color organizer when you can make a “playlist” and pick 6 colors and label them for the class you use them for.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enables users to switch between night and light modes while the font color automatically adjusts for optimal readability. This feature is similar to the one found in Notability, where the font color changes based on the template's brightness.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. This used to not be a problem until a week ago but since the update for more pen colors on the toolbar, the pen thickness is now behind two tap s, one to open the menu and the second to select the thickness. This has affected my usual work flow and it’s more tedious than I thought it would be initially.

Also the addition of more colors on the toolbar is not ideal for me since I just like to work with three colors to keep everything simple and clean (the UI also feels more cluttered to me for some…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The ability to create fast flashcards by using the lasso tool on notebooks.

Currently, to study and get asked with the study mode we have to adapt our notes to flashcards mode.

This is really annoying: we have to do all the notes of our notebooks in a Flashcard template, or we have to write again our notes in the flashcards in the Study set.

Is really tedious and redundant to create notes and afterward to write again your notes in flashcards(my current situation)

I believe we should add the next feature:

• The availity in a notebook to create Questions/answers…
    6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A few days ago, a new update changed the menu bar for selecting between the three thickness options. Now it’s an additional, surprisingly very annoying, step away. Now you have to open a tiny window, in order to open the three types of thickness of your pen and to be able to select one of them.
    Please go back to how it was earlier or at least let your customers chose.
    It was so much more convenient.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Since the last update the 3 sizes of the pencil are under one button. This takes extra time when taking my notes in class. Please incorporate the 3 different sizes back in the button bar!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. On GoodNotes, I have different slide packets for classes, I have to open them one at a time by selecting one, going to back, then selecting another one. If there was a select button to open multiple documents at once, it would be great

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sticky notes make more sense when they can be used 'over' an existing hand/typed text. When the sticky note is moved to another location, the text written over it also moves and the text beneath stays at its original place. It then serves it's purpose well.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I've been using Good Notes for university and life in general for two years now, and there are several features that would make the app a much better place to study.
    I've thought about them and here they go (my native language isn't english so sorry if i make mistakes):

-The audio option could be better (it would be great to be able to leave them inserted as stickers in any part of the sheet and thus divide the audio into sections, and that when pressed the previously recorded audio would sound). Also give them names and that they are…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Creates invisible slides so that you can make some slides or pages "invisible". You would not see these when you normally go through the pages, only if you click on them they will show up. This way, students could hide pages that the professor noted as >not relevant to the exam<. The amount of pages would be smaller without the need to delete them.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hello! I love the new option to record notes, it's a game changer!

Would it be possible for the app to remember the laser pointer when recording?

So I could speak and record notes showing what I mean by the laser pointer as I speak before the laser pointer is recorded and displayed when the recording is played?

Thank you:)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?