Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

6982 results found

1. delete time-base pen

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. You can access a lot of notes written by the good note app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. FIX THE FUCK ERASE. I AM FUCKING SICK OF YOUR SHITTY PROGRAM FROM FUCKING UP STUFF I DRAW. YOUR APP IS COMPLETE GARBAGE BECAUSE OF YOUR STUPID ERASE. FIX THE FUCKING ERASE FUSTION SO IT WILL ONLY DELETE WHAT YOU WANT, INSTEAD OF YOUR DELETE WHATEVER THE PROGRAM FEELS LIKE. YOUR PROGRAM IS BARBAGE, WHAT A COMPLETE WASTE OF MY TIME AND MONEY. FIXED THE FUCKING ERASE.FIXED THE FUCKING ERASE.FIXED THE FUCKING ERASE.FIXED THE FUCKING ERASE.FIXED THE FUCKING ERASE.FIXED THE FUCKING ERASE.FIXED THE FUCKING ERASE.FIXED THE FUCKING ERASE.FIXED THE FUCKING ERASE.FIXED THE FUCKING ERASE.FIXED THE FUCKING ERASE.FIXED THE FUCKING ERASE.FIXED…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Whenever i type a text i usually have some words in bold. And if i then go ahead and change the size of the entire typed text all of it turns bold and then i need to figure out again which words i had bold and which weren‘t. That is really annoying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. I’d like to be able to select a bunch of different pages and change the template so I don’t have to do it to each individual page.

2. When changing the template, the writing will stay the same size while the template size gets smaller making the contents go off the page where you can’t see what you’re selecting which seems like a defect. The contents of the page should maintain the same ratio of size in comparison to the new page.

3. Someone posted something about being about to use the lasso tool on multiple pages so you can select a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. when many tabs are opened, it becomes harder to maintain a good overview. I suggest the option of putting tabs of documents together in a group or stack, so that I can now work on other documents, but still can reopen the other tabs fast without having to close them before.
    For example: I‘m working on my physics homework and my answer and exercise sheets are opened. But also, I do have to take a look from time to time into the maths and physics theory notes, but not often, and still, they are using up a lot of tab…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 目前软件可以圈选涂鸦,识别出文本,但有所不便。建议增加选项让用户能直接将圈选的文字转换成含有标准字体文本的文本框存在于文档中。
    此外还建议圈选区域不限于涂鸦,而是任意区域都可以圈选出截图供复制和拖拽到其它笔记或者应用中。

I am a Chinese user, and the following text is generated by machine translation.

Currently, software can circle doodles to recognize text, but with some inconvenience. It is suggested that an option be added to allow users to directly convert circled text into text boxes with standard font text to exist in the document.
    It is also suggested that the circled area is not limited to doodles, but any area can be circled to select screenshots for copying and dragging to other notes or applications.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Often I write something indented and then decide to later to move it somewhere else aligned with the left. However, now it is shorter than the other lines, and so it would be handy if when lasso handwritten text you could also change the horizontal spread. Like how changing margins on a word document will redistribute the text to fit the new margins.

I imagine this could be simple if the code can already detect and separate individual handwritten words. Otherwise, it would probably be too much work and maybe even require some ML.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The text function needs improvement in my opinion. I would like it if there was an option for automatic bullets with an index instead of spacebar + - (see attached image)
    This would make the text more pleasing to write and look at.

Furthermore, when I copy and paste text boxes e.g. the „bold“ font disappears and i have to turn words/sentences bold again. An improvement would make my work way faster.

It‘s a small detail, but it seems that whenever i type the text and i want to edit the first word or add a word in front of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Maybe being able to click and see like a thumbnail of your „dashboard / homepage“ in order to switch between documents faster instead of returning and and pressing on the „back“ button couple of times to get out of your folders to the main page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There’s an extension on google chrome that allows you to add notes to highlighted text. Once the note is added, it’s hidden but you can access it again by clicking on the highlighted text or going to your dashboard.

Weavatool.com

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Inserire opzione per applicare le modifiche del modello di pagina all’intero taccuino anziché alla singola pagina come lo è adesso.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In GoodNotes 4 it was easy to rename a Favorite that has been assigned to a page. This is helpful to navigate through a large number of pages. In GN 5 I only get a list of thumbnails with page numbers, which is useless, unless I can figure out the content of the respective page from the thumbnail view.
    It cannot be too difficult to bring this feature back. The names that I have assigned in my old GN 4 documents are even shown now in GN 5! Since the day GN 5 came out, I waiting for this feature…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. What we would like is the page number like PDF documents. The page number in Roman numerals like i, ii, iii, iv, v, vii, should be support to display on the several starting pages, so that the following pages could have right page number matched with the real. I know that you just added a new feature about page number, but I don’t think it’s very useful. This request to support PDF page number display is more useful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add box.com backup support. As of now, I only have iCloud Drive, One drive, and Dropbox.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When switching between tasks on my ipad a preview from GoodNotes with a page is shown which i deleted a long time ago. It would be better, if a preview is shown from the last active notebook page i used.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the report. We will need to investigate that. Could you please check the following:
    - if something similar happens in other apps
    - if you have multiple windows of GoodNotes open and if this is maybe an old window
    - if you can reproduce this problem reliably or only occasionally

It would be great if you could send us the information to support@goodnotes.com so that we can investigate.

19. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?