Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7064 results found

1. When you have folders within other folders to better organize notes, it becomes incredibly tedious to have to backtrack through previous folders to get to different ones. It would be much quicker if there was a sidebar that displayed the different folders so that its more seamless to navigate between folders/documents.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I got GoodNotes for my Ipad and love it. I assume the account is associated with my Apple ID on the device. I have now downloaded your Windows app, but it gives me Microsoft or Google sign-in options... so I can't log into the Goodnotes account that my iPad is using. Could add an Apple ID sign-in option for the Windows app?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Sync apple or google calendar into GoodNotes planner, and can setup it’s show up in daily or weekly or monthly planner pages.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I think renaming a recording file can help us find the audio corresponding to a certain part of a document faster and more accurately, and the retrieval point of the recording file can greatly avoid the loss of important audio files due to accidental touching.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The "smart" dark mode will essentially invert the colors of the actual document, not just them them of the app interface. Take a look at how CollaNote handles this on iPad, or how Outlook handles dark mode in emails. It's not a pure inversion of colors, rather, the background goes black and the colors you are using are adjusted to be more visible against a dark background. For example, if you are using a dark blue pen, on the dark-mode background it still shows as blue, but a much lighter blue. As opposed to inverting which would just make it…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In the new feature of smart study flashcards, the typing section is stuck with one font and one format. If I could explained with different colors, formatting subscripts/superscripts it’d be super convenient and imp[rove my experience. Thanks for all of y’all hardwork!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Recordings should serve as links to the notebook page you wrote them on. If you’re listening to a recording, it should automatically hop to the page you were writing on at that part of the recording
    2. Ability to rename, delete, and split recordings
    3. Ability to adjust speed when listening to a recording
    8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make GoodNotes available for the Xiaomi Mi Pad 5. I see it gave an Early Accees for only Samsungs Tablets. I think it can work the same on Xiaomi Tablet Devices with Sytlus support. Is it the same technologie and a very well Tablet with a good price.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In the new update you hided the thickness of the pen under the button. Its very uncomfortable. Can you please consider to let the person to change settings (tool panel) himself — those who need more colors, would be able to hide the thickness,,, and others will be able to hide more colors.

Thank you!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please setup a note just like “Freeform”which you can write nonstop and connect ideas together on an unlimited screen
    Love the recording feature however if you can set it up to play from the point you touch your slide or when you wrote something it will much helpful.

If they are sounding vague please give me a call and I can explain more

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. As a student, I have a notebook for each class and like to record the lectures for especially difficult topics. I would like to be able to quickly review the audio files when studying; I think the rename feature is vital so I can quickly access a specific lecture topic without trying to figure out what day (or even what hour) the lecture was given. It will also help me organize topics.

I also think a separate space for an audio transcript would be extremely helpful for productivity. Not only does it help me quickly navigate the recording (e.g. jump…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When making a card it would be nice to have all functions available, such as draw, type and pictures.

One idea could be to have the classical top menu where the pen, eraser, hilighter, etc are found but also include a “Type” option that allows the user to type notes in the center of the card, just like it is in the current version. After that, the other tools can be used to add onto the text, such as hilighting or creating hand written annotations.

It would also be useful to add both pictures and text to the same card.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be great to be able to export study sets and/or flashcards into a printable form that would be the size of a notecard, to be folded over and made into a physical card.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Have an option to have a delay of the apple pencil but in return for smoother lines, like procreate. Many people use tempered glass protectors which forcibly results in wobbly curved lines especially when drawing diagrams. A toggle or button to turn on a smoothing feature for drawing diagrams would be great

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please add Indonesian language:(

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Like the notebooks has an option to record audio notes
    There should be one for flashcards too

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a sync button on the main bar to the different goodnotes platforms. I simultaneously work between goodnotes on my MacBook and iPad. It rarely auto syncs in real-time. I need back out of my current document in both platforms, go into settings, go into icloud settings, and then click use icloud. I toggle off in both then toggle on in both for my changes to sync real-time. It's a nuisance. I love goodnotes otherwise.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. As a heavy user of Microsoft onedrive for university, where I have all my documents in one place (that sync across all my devices). it would be great if Goodnotes implemented onedrive (two-way sync,) in order to:

access your files (that are all in one place) from anywhere with an internet connection. (already possible in with the back-up setting, but currently you have an unchangeble location where the backups are stored)

sync files between devices (2-way), so you can have the latest version of a file on all of your devices (for the future Goodnotes for Windows).

more convenient way…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ruler or writing grid that is not really on a page after using the tool would be amazing. Because apples handwriting to text doesnt work with many languages!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It seems there has been a change in a text box function.
    The text box didn't move until I selected [T] or text function.
    But now, with a slight touch with my hand or finger, the text box is selected and moves around. This is very inconvenient because I usually take notes by typing. I have more than 150 pages written down and now whenever I try to review the materials with my apple pencil, it moves.

In the video I intended to touch it with my hand because this happens suddenly. I hope you fix this problem.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?