Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7078 results found

1. I am a teacher from south korea. I use ipad pro for teaching high school students.

I have 3 ipad pros 12.9 (3,4,5 gen)

But when I use it solving math problems, i have 3 ipad pro 10.3 12.9->10.3

I love goodnotes. Even, I have 2 macbook pros for using goodnotes in mac os

I use cintiq 24pro for solving math problems.

As I wrote above, I really love goodnotes and I really appreciate your delvelopers in Goodnotes.

I hope you developers could solve my problems:not making my ipad 12.9 into 10.3 or less

I believe in Goodnotes, which makes…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. If would like the option to scale the document to 100% true size. If my template is A4, the document on tahe screen should have same dimensions as real A4 paper.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It’s almost impossible to write well in goodnotes with the ball point pen. Please provide some settings to improve the smoothness and line to stability

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please allow custom colour palettes for text. AND the ability to have mixed colours in a single text block. At the moment if you change the colour of part of a text block, the UI changes the WHOLE block.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please fix all the defects with the line spacing UI and make it easier to type a value. PREFERABLY being able to save it as a setting or style (like Pages or MS Word)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I do a lot of practice problems and it is a little annoying to force scroll up to add a new page while other apps automatically add up a new page as I'm approaching the end of my current page.
    So I would love if there was an option to eliminate the gap between pages so that it looks like an infinite and unbroken canvas while pages are being added automatically as soon as the app senses that I'm approaching the end of my current page.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When you write on the last sheet,it had better add a new sheet automatically after the last one sheet,we don’t need to use finger to pull up,and the sheet be continued.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please allow a setting to save custom colour choices for every time use. I like I have to change the colour palate options everytime to my needed colours before I can write a new note. I mean there should be an option to create on colour palate and save it for later use and not just the default you have provided.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Now, one has to go all the way to the left to bring out the page finder, choose one out of the small preview hoping I got the right one, because if not I’ll have to bring out the finder again and repeat until I find the page. This is incredibly unintuitive and time-consuming. Please move the page finder button to the right and allow preview on the sidebar with the selected page in the main window to allow easy page finding. Notability already does that. My preferred app is GoodNotes, so fingers crossed this will be updated soon.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sorry for the long title; I love the flashcard feature and use it every day in medical school and I am being able to study extremely effectively and learn the material while still having free time in my life.

But If I could select certain flashcards within a single document by marking them with a certain signal to allowing me to study the flashcards I made for the first lecture before I study the next classes flashcards which build off the first lectures material. And even allowing me to mark certain flashcards "VIP" cards that amalgamate from all the notebook's…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. After years of use and many tens of gigbytes of content, my ipad is full from goodnotes content. I dont want to delete older notes because I occasionally refer to them. I request allowing us to selectively sync some content to our devices and allow older content to be stored in the cloud and downloaded when needed directly within the app.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently the only way to favourite a document is from the file browser. It would be very handy to be able to favourite from within an already open document.

Also the star/favourite button on thumbnails is not present in search results.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I love GoodNotes but the most tedious thing I dislike about the program is my handwriting. It would be amazing if the text box could be configured for a general use so you can write how you would with the pen but it converts to a preinstalled font. I have so much trouble with the text box adjusting them to the side, trying to go to the next line without using the keyboard, moving the text box.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The laser pointer has a very cool design to it. I would love if they could make the design of how it looks into a pen so you could write notes using that design

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be great if you could design your own font (create every single letter by yourself), and then have your fast (bad looking) handwriting converted into your carefully designed letters. That way it would guarantee beautiful handwriting even tough you are in a hurry.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Give us a Hex selector tool that we can use to select a color from a portion of a pre-created notebook to match the theme of the notebook. Right now we have to use an external Hex color selector and upload a picture to that program and then go back to Goodnotes to input that Hex code to get the color. Also, give us the option to create palettes that we can quickly select back and forth between colors that we have curated.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. currently, there are only three colors appear and if we want to change to a different color we would have to click the option menu to change the color. I think it would be better to add 2 more colors,

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. These 3 features are really essential even if you miss the recording features..Otherwise perfect App..Thank you Goodnotes

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A similar idea has been posted, but I want to make another point. Given you’re current framework where each page is a separate file, it should be relatively simple to add a way (probably the Share drawer icon) to copy that page file address link and paste it in other apps where if i click the link it would open GoodNotes up and show me that page.

Bonus points if this link could be SHARED to other GoodNotes users (who do not even have the file) and it could open up that page on THEIR Mac/iPad/iPhone etc. This would be…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Using elements is fantastic, however, I would like to be able to crop from the lasso tool. Right now, if I place a calendar block and need to change the size, I have to select element, which then auto-selects the lasso tool. To crop an element, I then have to select the image, which brings up the image selector on the page, then click off of that, and then select crop. It adds so many extra steps. Why not just have the crop option from the lasso tool? It would save so many steps!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?