Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7114 results found

1. A great capability that should definitely be added is Tables of contexts. They could be introduced as different default designs to which you can add context pertained to pages that you can click on and be redirected to the related notes. This could facilitate navigating through the app with much more ease and less scrolling through the pages to find the one looked for.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. While in full screen to be able to use the laser pointer. When I study I like to be in full screen mode and to be able to circle certain words while having as much screen real estate.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I am one of the lucky people who is able to use Goodnotes 4 to experience the best note taking pens in the App store. ✍️

I constantly check for Goodnotes 5 updates to see if the pen experience has improved.

The biggest differences can be seen when writing the letter "S". 🖋️ The mechanism used in Goodnotes 5 almost forces the letter to fix itself 👷 while as in Goodnotes 4 its thicker while also making sure it doesn't force your handwriting a certain way.

Goodnotes 4 feels so natural and without manipulation while preserving the nice thickness of…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please add an ability to randomize the order of your cards like in practice mode.

I just checked in practice mode and now i created many card for which it makes no sense to see them in the order they were created in.

Thank You so much!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Is there a way to improve the loading speed of the app?

When I open Goodnotes it takes a while to load the library so that I can choose my notebook, or if I had a notebook open last, it takes a while to load that. During this time the app seems to be frozen. It does the same thing when I'm switching back and forth from another app back to Goodnotes.

Sometimes Goodnotes opens immediately, other times it can take up to 20 seconds to load, which is a long time to wait when you need to take a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Audio recordings should restore themselves after a crash, app restart, etc. Competitors such as Notability already have this functionality.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be nice to have the thicknes presets in a submenu like in one of the previous updates. It doesn‘t has to be standart but to at least the option to have it in a submenu would be nice. Ideally you‘d have up to five thicknes presets in there, so you don’t have to switch the presets thicknes. I have seven colorpresets what is just a little to wide for the space i have in the mainbar, so it would be far more comfortable to have the thicknes adjustment in a submenu so this anoying scroll thing does not…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Right now yellow paper, as far as I know, is the only one that has a red margin. It's called legal paper. The other paper colours do not have this. Also make it so there two variants, a wide margin and a narrow margin.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. As a musician I would love so much to see a tool in Goodnotes which would allow to draw perfect parallel lines for music staves in any length. The optimum would be to be able to select the number of lines drawn, from only one when needed for percussion/pure rhythm notation to five for the regular system and even up to six lines (for guitar tablature). The famous music app ForScore has this feature in pro version which works great, but the general functionality of drawing and colouring in this app is so poor, I feel GoodNotes is light years…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When using text boxes, I can only tab across the screen to a certain extent (about 1/3 of the page width) before the cursor jumps to the next line. When trying to type around embedded images or handwritten notes, it’s extremely frustrating to use the tab key only so far and then have to press and hold the space bar for the cursor to go exactly where I want. It would be great if you added the ability to use the tab key across the entire page if we wanted to instead of having the cursor move to the next…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hi, I'm a user about Goodnotes since 2018.
    I suggest a few things to improve the Goodnotes.
    This writing was written including opinions of Goodnotes users around me.

First, syncs of the Recording function and Text Box
    When I record and write at the same time, the writing syncs with the time of the recording. But it doesn't work in text box mode.
    So I recommend you to syncronize the time of the text coming out and the recorded audio.

Second, Recording search function
    I would like to be able to hear the recording of that part when I touch…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be of most use if a specific note on the sheet could be associated with an audio file saved in the notes. For example there could be a dot that prompts to the audio saved (the same way comments work), while also being able to change its name and description!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hidden Toolbar is designed to enhance note-taking experiences by allowing users to hide the toolbar and maximize their writing space. This feature is particularly useful for users who want to focus on their note-taking without any distractions

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please add audio recording features on Goodnotes for Android so that Android users can record their voices on Goodnotes for Android this year.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I am an apple user as well as a windows user, i think it would be great for the community to have the possibility to register online with the same account as in the ipad or mac, and be able to see our notes from the website and not just in the app

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Can we have syncing option for Pen and highlighter color? Most of the colors are on iPad, but the colors are not transferred to the Mac. It helps to keep things color coded still while on the laptop.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I often used the quick select for changing the line thickness. I enjoy the new UI and want to keep it. As an improvement, we should be able to swipe up or down on the line thickness symbol in order to change the thickness. This allows us to keep the creative UI element while also removing clunkyness of having to dig through a menu for a quick feature and adding an intuitive way to change the line thickness as the thicknesses are already highlighted when changed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A flat marker pen like for flipcharts would be really great. For the highligter and the writing pen.

Also a streamline option (with the ability to set the strongness of the streamline) for the pens and highlighters would be also great to smooth out the handwriting. Just like you can set it in procreate.

Thanks a lot!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I use the stroke thickness A LOT.

The new update has hidden the stroke width selectors.
    I understand that you need the space for more colors, and am fine with the updated setup.

A “swipe up/down on icon” gesture to change the stroke’s thickness solves my problem pretty well, without needing a buttons and layout redesign.

The current 2 tap design has killed off my speed. I didn’t realise that a single additional tap would derail me so much.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Maybe an option of hold pressing on the thickness button and the ability to change the width by sliding pen up and down (to select the strokes), so we wouldn't have to open the stroke button every 2 seconds for switching?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?