Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7083 results found

1. It would be great that you can extend your display with an external monitor, besides the already existing mirroring option. So that you can view good notes documents, while working on another on the ipad.

(great for the smaller ipads)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have different color schemes for different books and it annoys me that I constantly have to change which three pencil and highlighter color shows on the toolbar. This would be an awesome upgrade!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 大家都知道如果想关闭工具栏的弹窗只能直接在别的地方写。而对于想在弹窗处写字,不能在空白处(在空白处点击会留下墨迹,希望得到优化)或再次点击工具栏的图标来关闭。这样的操作真的非常反人类。

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow us to save words (learn spelling) - useful for technical vocabulary so that it converts properly from handwriting

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improving the speed of turning books. Just like when I hold a real book, I can turn 100 pages at a time easily.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I really like to have an easy way on iPad/iPhone and soon Mac (seeing Shortcuts coming) to create a task in a preferred To-Do app (like Things or so)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Be able to create and switch between multiple user profiles. For example, you could have a profile for personal notes and another for your classes.

Alternatively: include options in universal search to restrict results to only notes within certain folders. Offer more search filters. This would essentially achieve the same result as separating notes/folders by profile

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It could be good that if the pen cursor of GoodNoted 5 for Mac is changed to the cursor in OneNote (simply a small dot instead of a cross).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When teaching I feel I have only two options: 1) Show the completed note set to students all at once or 2) Transfer the notes from another document into a blank goodnotes document. Option 1 can be overwhelming to students and option 2 can lead to mistakes when transferring the messages.

A feature that could solve these issues would be the option to open a document in "teaching mode". "Teaching mode" would show the students a blank document, however for the teacher on the iPad (or other device) they would see the document they had prepared with all the writing…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The document scan post processing for taking pictures is really good but I commonly take pictures of my notes to insert them into goodnotes using image insert because document scan creates a new page unnecessarily. Would it be possible to implement the post processing to any image after having taken the photo? Or even making it possible to insert images that get post processing using camera insert?

Did an example of what it would look like by cropping the result from document scan below and comparing to what the camera gets.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. "Notability", "Noteshelf", and "Planner for ipad" apps have their own official stores where we can find sticky notes, arrows, templates, planners, stickers, and notebook covers. There are also a variety of sticky notes, arrows, templates, planners, stickers, and notebook covers. If you don't have the time to customize our own notebook, it's very convenient to buy directly from the store and use it right away.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I want more drawing space.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Just like the one penultimate (the app by Evernote for handwritten notes) has! It's basically an adjusted eraser size which gets smaller when you're holding the eraser still but gets larger when you speed the eraser.

This could make it easier and quicker to erase things without having to adjust the eraser size every time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The performance of writing in GoodNotes 5 for Mac with a third-party drawing tablet/graphic tablet is terrible. I use a Wacom Intuos Pro S with bluetooth function and there is no chance to write properly as it stutters all the time.
    GoodNotes is no use for students/teachers if you can't work with a pen tablet and that's why I hope it will be updated soon.
    Until this happens, I have to use Microsoft OneNote, although I prefer the surface and workflow of GoodNotes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Would be very helpful if you could filter all highlighted passages in a text by colour, e.g. as in Adobe Reader. For example: you highlight definitions in red and theories in blue. It would be very helpful if you could then filter all highlighted passages by colours used in that document.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Not a big fan of the very rounded shape. What about something more square or elliptical for pen options?

It would make lines look more crisp!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When testing on flash cards students can enter a time (e.g. 10 minutes) and the app will prioritise the most appropriate cards. This would allow students to use when they have a quick 10 mins in between lessons and know they are using the spacing effect well.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Some books with many pages (around 1000) are not being auto-backed up to my GDrive. It would be good if you can fix this issue.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Pls add a feature where we can identify the hex code of a colour by either a long press or any other shortcut making it easier to re edit my diagrams

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be awesome if eraser could erase parts of images i paste in. It would make edits to a scan or a screenshot so much easier. Currently i have to lasso a blank part of the page, take a screenshot of that empty blob and paste it over where i want to erase. Allowing the eraser to actually edit the pasted image would be really slick.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?