Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

6981 results found

1. I accidentally didn't turn off my audio recording on my iPad and it has been recording for 5 hours. I want to edit it so that it's only the length of my lecture but there's no option to do so. Please add a way to shorten the length of the recording. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Could you guys make it a sort of greyscale effect when given the Night Mode option. Auto Converts any uploaded pdf into dark mode when using in the app, and converts black to white and vice versa. This would be especially useful when revising at night in a medium lit environment. I gave a little idea in the picture. Hopefully would give some idea.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When moving texts or images it would be very helpful to have lines that equally space out the text or images like in Canva

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please implement a shortcut for Apple users, which converts —> into a „pretty“ arrow (as in word)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I’d like for there to be a way to “tag” cards within individual study sets a variety of colors. For example, if I have cards related to biology, I can tag them “green” and cards related to math can be “red”. When I go to study all of my cards, I want to be able to customize how many of each “tag” I want in my study session. For example, maybe I want to have a study session that’s mostly Biology with some Math as well. I would customize that I want 15 “green” cards and 5 “red” cards in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Drag is very weird and hard to move around. Also, when I logged back in, all the colors disappeared, so I had to re-enter a new color again, which was very cumbersome. Page loading time is very slow and sometimes it erase some parts of my writing.
    Lastly, when typing, words are omitted due to buffering or the same words come out continuously, making it inconvenient to take notes.
    Why is it still different from IOS? As I know, it's been almost half a year since the Android version was released, but there are no additional functions like the IOS…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. when using certain say...3 colors on a document, when you re open that document the pen colors should be loaded back to that specific document. then closing it and opening a new one with three new colors, those should load with let used colors on the document

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Goodnotes should have full screen presentation mode, specially with the ability to hide toolbar with one tap.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I am using the notecards feature to study a different language. There are (4) features that would help me greatly. 1 - having multi-language support. 2 - being able to search my notecards (couldn't figure this out on Mac but needed to correct a word that I'd misspelled). 3 - In setting up my notecards, it would have been great to have a side by side option where I could look at my old notes while creating new (I eventually just opened two windows). 4 - Reverse test. It's great to know the words from one language to the other…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The history buttons are positioned too close to the Library View button. I usually miss clicked them so instead of going back to my previous edits, I totally LOST them all!

• Maybe position them to the bottom as shown in the attachment?
    • And/or make the documents preserve their editing history

Be mindful about handedness though.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Text formatting

• (Some) Markdown support -- including the extended syntax
      • TeX and LaTeX support (like $\TeX or \LaTeX$)
      • Inline code and code blocks -- I'm not expecting syntax highlighting due to security reasons
      • Links
      • Footnotes [^*]

Styling initial paragraphs

Most of the time, I style the first sentence of my document as Paragraph, not as Heading.

With the current unresponsive UI when using on macOS, I have to click Style & Formatting and change the style every single time. It would be great if the app could let me set my styling preference for new documents.

--
    https://www.markdownguide.org/extended-syntax/

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It helps to know if you see the number of the Flash Card when in Practice Mode.

And maybe add a feature, where one can categorise the flash cards when in practice mode. Sure, Uncertain, Don't know. This would help when reviewing a lot of flashcards so that if one only want to study the flash cards in chapter 3 that one can not memorise that well and not spend time on the ones one already knows.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We would love to get a duplicate feature just to make the notes-taking experience better and easier.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Move the undo location on the toolbar. The undo icon on the toolbar is directly below the library icon in the NAV bar. I always tap the Undo button by mistake when trying to return to the Libray of my Documents. I have lost many final changes when I try to return to the library.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The new numbered and tiered bullets and numbers are a huge step forward. The numbers are just single level while the bullets do differentiate by indent level.

Please add tiering to distinguish levels.
    Two versions (preferred): 1, a. i. etc. and hierarchical: 1, 1.1, 1.1.1, etc.

The simple 1 a i approach would help differentiate levels. The Hierarchical will help with technical writing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be great to have an option for a larger canvas. The current tab design is 3 levels. Especially with the new customisable toolbars, if you don’t use page tabs. Everything can fit in one bar, increasing canvas size.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would like to be able to create a general notebook "template" of PDFs/notes for my students and share a copy with them. Then they have it on their own devices and can edit/write in the notes as we go. Every student would have their own copy of the master notebook, but edit in their own ways.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Possibility to generate an App link like goodnotes:///document/page to link to a specific goodnotes document and page and place this link in a different app like omnifocus. So when I click on the link goodnotes open the document on the specific page

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Until now all flashcards are white but it would be good if we could change the color to improve studying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?