Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

6982 results found

1. Workflow now as a Student:
    1. Getting a bunch of pdf from the lecturer
    2. Using a Cloud service (my case dropbox), I organize the whole semester with the files I need
    3. When needed importing a pdf to goodnotes, modifying it, and eventually exporting it, but not handy since the files get updated continuously from time to time.

The Problem: The files are in two different locations, to access the updated file you have to open GoodNotes, or navigate OUTSIDE of your working directory.

Workflow desired as a Student:
    1. Getting a bunch of pdf from the lecturer
    2.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When I download content from the Goodnotes Community tab, I'm not able to edit any of the files. Files don't seem to import into my library as a .goodnotes files but instead as some form of .pdf(?).

This is really annoying especially when people make things like sticker packs (a bunch of images/icons on a page) where the intent is for you to import the stickers as elements. If it's not a .goodnotes file, you have to screenshot and crop everything yourself AND a lot of the resolution is lost.

Beyond that, I often like to make tweaks to stuff…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. For backups only the cloud service like OneDrive, Dropbox is selectable. The definition of a specific folder or subfolder at the cloud service is not possible.

It would be great to have the possibility to choose the folder or a subfolder for backup location at the cloud location.

The possibility to select a backup location upside of cloud services like iOS folder structure (e.g. local) would be fine.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Students get slides/notes/etc from multiple professors so they end up being different sizes so my idea is for font size to be a function of the width of the page (as a %) rather than an absolute value like it is now. This would make the text tool much more convenient as I could type notes without worrying about if what I'm writing is too small or too big.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I use a lot of x-callback links, like a link to a DEVONthink document. The new linking feature assumes that it’s an HTTP link, and therefore puts in the HTTP in front of it, which doesn’t work for the x-callback types of links.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I think you should be able to pick your top three most-used colors to be displayed but then have the ability to scroll for faster color change. Often times when I am taking notes in class, if I want to change colors, having to open the whole folder can get me behind. While this doesn't seem like a huge deal, in college-class note-taking, every second counts and even if you miss one small detail, it can cause issues. This would be really really really helpful!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Every time I select the eraser tool, it defaults to the largest size. So I end up erasing more than I want to, and then have to undo accidental erasures and then set the eraser to smaller size. I should be able to set the smallest eraser as default size to begin with. I love Goodnotes, but erasing is so common, this is getting to be an important usability issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would like a function with which you can get to a specific place in a notebook by clicking on a text box or a shape. That the form or font is linked to the specified position.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please add the ability to copy the sharable link in the Mac OS share menu (managed in System Preferences > Extensions > Share Menu)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Group and ungroup favorite pages in one same document. For example, when you do literature reviews in academic work is always useful to group information related to one concept or research question. It would also be useful to see group favorite pages from different documents that have been label with the same name

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 在用GoodNotes 打开电子教材的时候,常常有几百页,用手指滑动找起来很麻烦,像n家的可以快速滚动和跳转找到自己想要的那页就很方便啦!希望多多改进。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Easier way to switch colors during multiTasking !
    I have to open the color bar every time or exit multitasking mode just to change the color

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would really enjoy a standard size for imported pictures from my MacBook. For Example imports could always take up the space of 10 Blocks or so. This would really help, because right now I always have to adjust the picture size manually.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. hello
    To get a screenshot in jpg could be usefull when working on .docx files.

current type file is PNG and let appears black frames around the pic...could it be possible to set the filetype in the settings for exemple?

anyway , great app👍

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Due to my studies,I a have a lot of folders with subfolders and other subfolders and so on. It would save so much time, that if the path, you are currently in, is displayed and that you can jump to e.g. a higher folder just by clicking on the name in the path. Just like e.g. the data explorer in windows

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Wenn ich ein Dokument durch Doppel-Tap auf die Fensterbreite gezoomt habe und dann scrolle, verschiebt es sich gerne auch seitwärts. Das hätte ich gerne verhindert.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ich hätte gerne eine frei verschiebbare Leiste, in die ich Stifte und Textmarker mit beliebigen Einstellungen hinzufügen kann. Jeweils 3 Farben sind ein bisschen zu wenig.
    Ich möchte eine Kurzwahl zu von mir voreingestellten Stiften mit je einer Farbe und Strickstärke.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I set my scrolling direction to "horizontal" and I often flip through many lecture slides for review. I would prefer the transition animations to be disabled when I use a physical keyboard to navigate (with arrow keys). The transitions makes it more tedious to skim through the PDF. It would also be great to have a page count more visible on the main screen (rather than hidden inside a menu).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. While studying the notes, pages should have a turning effect just as in a real notebook. Having only a scroll option makes the experience very animated.
    Currently, some pdf readers like pdfViewer support the turning effect but having it in the same note taking app will make it complete for paper like study and note taking experience.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. linking to another GoodNotes files when we click certain words , just like hyperlink but instead of going to a website it will open our particular GoodNotes. Since you have created hyperlink it won’t require major processing I suppose.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?