Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7080 results found

1. when typing some things in our notes, the font looks like our writing by apple pencil.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. to import ppt or PowerPoint file to The goodnote, we need to convert it to PDF then import them, for ease of use, it's good to import it directly and good note convert it to pdf automatically.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a feature, so that the pen size stays the same pixel amount, no matter how much the user zooms in, similar to how the rubber always looks like the same size.
    I am so confused not to have found a lot of this request before, since i really get annoyed of not having this function.
    Whenever i zoom in, in order to write something in a smaller space, i would really appreciate not having to change the pen width/size manually.

Besides that i really like your App :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. iCloud is NOT end-to-end encrypted. Therefore storing sensitive data on iCloud is a bad idea.

GoodNotes should support storing its document database on Sync.com. Sync.com is very similar to Dropbox. It's easy to use, has good Mac integration, as well as apps for iOS and iPadOS. And it's 100% PRIVATE, unlike Dropbox, iCloud, etc.

Please support Sync.com. Many users want the kind of privacy that only end-to-end encrypted storage allows. I'd love to have access to the medical records, receipts, etc. that I keep as PDFs. But I will not import such information into GoodNotes until end-to-end encrypted storage is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When we left-handed people (and i guess it’s the same problem for right-handed people at the right side of the page) write on goodnotes , we cannot rest the left hand on the screen of the ipad while writing when beginning a sentence, because the paper cannot be moved around. So our hand is always partly on the edge of the ipad partly on the table.

So if it was possible to pull and push the paper around on the ipad as we want, we could calmly rest our left hand on the screen when writing. To understand what i…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When we left-handed people (and i guess it’s the same problem for right-handed people at the right side of the page) write on goodnotes , we cannot rest the left hand on the screen of the ipad while writing when beginning a sentence, because the paper cannot be moved around. So our hand is always partly on the edge of the ipad partly on the table.

So if it was possible to pull and push the paper around on the ipad as we want, we could calmly rest our left hand on the screen when writing. To understand what i…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In comparison to Safari there is always this bug, that when i import a pdf-document from the chrome browser, it often won’t be the usual size, but it is too small. Can be seen in the picture.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. After updating the feature for editing stickers is gone. It used to be able to lengthen/ widen the stickers given, now I can only enlarge the whole thing and it does not fit with my notes from time to time.
    there's also issues with the element function, sometimes after deleting one and adding another the previous one would pop up and I cant select to delete it again :/.
    It would be good to have a library of stickers or list of our stickers so we can add in or remove them by group. Able to change the colours of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make folders in save for later in Good Notes Community, so other's notes that you are using to study and etc, could be neatly organized

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Animal/veterinary science does not fit within the biology or medicine categories as it is a separate field entirely. Would be nice to have a specific displine category to upload my notes to and would make it easier for others in this field to find and contribute notes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. There is a yellow paper type legal. Can we have the same for white as well?
      White Legal.

2. Sheet with square exists. Can we have bigger squares.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 建议增加一个“组“的功能,具体如下。把两个文件绑定为一组的功能,就是说AB两个文件,将他俩弄成一组。可以实现同时打开与关闭的功能

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like to have GoodNotes keep the page-zoom as I had when I changed from GoodNotes to another app on my Ipad Pro. Now the page will zoom out again if I switch from GoodNotes to another app and back. Or if I switch between 2 GoodNotes windows

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a button allowing the users to turn off the shortcut of drag to duplicate the text box function. As most of the time I want to drag the text box elsewhere, but it keeps duplicating. It can be resolved by tapping on the text box instead of holding it if you are typing with the keyboard on the screen. But if you are connected to a hardware keyboard, trackpad or mouse, it will long hold automatically instead of tapping when trying to move the text box.

It would be more convenient to keep my hands on the keyboard to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a button allowing the users to turn off the shortcut of drag to duplicate the text box function. As most of the time I want to drag the text box elsewhere, but it keeps duplicating. It can be resolved by tapping on the text box instead of holding it if you are typing with the keyboard on the screen. But if you are connected to a hardware keyboard, trackpad or mouse, it will long hold automatically instead of tapping when trying to move the text box.

It would be more convenient to keep my hands on the keyboard to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. After I completed Notebook subject I think it would be useful to Request a physical print of the book

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Having the ability to save customised pen settings. This would be really useful for certain notebooks, as each notebook has different pens: eg. thickness

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. TL;DR: Sometimes when bulk-importing, duplicates might be accidentally imported. Catch these potential duplicates and query if we still want to import.

When performing bulk imports, I occasionally have duplicates present (due to the way my main import source structures PDFs). This ultimately means that what I think might be a unique file actually already exists in GoodNotes. Ideally, this could work at the PDF level, but may only be easily-done on a fuzzy-name basis.

e.g. say the file I'm importing has the name "Mind Games 40c0de54-120f-0d77-9ae5-e96083fb1f9b" – while the UUID present (the 40c0de54-120f-0d77-9ae5-e96083fb1f9b) is very likely to be unique, I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I want GoodNotes to adapt to iOS and iPad OS by pressing the long scroll bar. As shown in the photo. In other Apps, I can press the scroll bar for quick scroll, but it is invalid in GoodNotes!
    I'm quite surprised that this iOS system feature has been two years since iOS 13. GoodNotes is still not adapted, which has brought a lot of trouble to use. I hope it can be adapted as soon as possible, and the experience brought by a little improvement is huge! Thank you to GoodNotes team!
    希望GoodNotes适配iOS和iPad OS的长按滚动条进行滚动。如照片所示。在别的App中,我可以长按滚动条进行快速活动,而在GoodNotes中是无效的!我是挺惊讶的,这个iOS系统特性自iOS 13以来已经两年了,GoodNotes还是没有适配,给使用带来了不少麻烦。希望早日适配,一点点小改进带来的体验提升巨大!感激开发团队!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I LLLLLOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEE GOODNOTES. I use it daily in my professional career AND my personal life.

I NNNNEEEEDDDD an option to backup my professional notes to a separate storage than my personal. Please please please make it so that I can choose my professional folders to back up to a separate location than my personal notes. Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?