Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

6975 results found

1. It is very easy for users to accumulate tabs when using GoodNotes, especially since they don't have to choose to close or keep them when closing the app. As time goes by, the buildup of tabs hinders the user experience. For example, when opening an older document whose tab was never closed, the user has to swipe through the endless sea of tabs to find the document they were working on moments ago. Additionally, closing tabs rapidly could be improved on because when the user closes a tab, the next tab has to animate under the user's finger before they…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When more than three documents are open at the same time the pages keep reloading when you cycle between them. Super annoying as it takes extra time, and the page zooms to default size. The iPad can keep apps running in the background for weeks without reloading so I’m pretty sure it could manage many more than three simple documents opened simultaneously.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I often use enlarging tool for specific area. However, when I use this, blue area always emerges in the left side and it is really useless.

I want the toggle function to the enlargement tool for GoodNotes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I really love Goodnotes, it‘s an awesome app I use everyday in my school-live. But please add settings, that allow the user to customize the color theme. So that the bar on the top and also selection-tools are in a color the user prefers. Also a setting to set the position of the tools to the left or the right side of the app. Lastly please add support for I-Work and MOffice so the user is able to create, edit and document those documents. Thanks a lot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I've heard that tapping the microphone head shouldn't be done because it might damage the microphone. I don't know if this true or just a myth. If it is true, then how is the microphone get damaged with tapping it?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Entendo que seria muito interessante que o Goodnotes, assim como outros leitores de pdf como Xodo, Noteshelf, Microsoft Edge etc, fizesse a sincronização automática dos arquivos retirados do Google Drive. Atualmente, a única coisa que o Goodnotes faz é enviar o arquivo modificado para uma pasta separada dentro do Google Drive. Seria interessante que o arquivo retirado do Google Drive, depois de alterado pelo Goodnotes, retornasse para a mesma pasta de origem do Google Drive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I want to mess around and give away some ranks but I want to do it in a fun way. Would it be allowed to do a rock paper shears for a million coins to vip rank odds? If I lose I gift them vip and if I win I get 1m. I thought it would be fun but I don't know if that would be bannable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sharing a notebook is very convenient. What I would also like to see is the possibility to write-protect the shared notebook. I work at a school and share my notes with the students by exporting them as PDFs and uploading them to our learning management system. I have to do this over and over again after each new lesson. It would be easier for me to share the Goodnotes notebook directly as a link (all students use GoodNotes on the iPad) without students having the ability to change anything in my document/notebook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Good afternoon, could you please tell me if there is a clinic for hair transplantation

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I use different colours/pen sizes for different documents. Would be great to be able to create a stationery set or 'profile' to easily switch instead of having to manually change my things every time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Its frustrating to write the correct way, and it converts the text wrong. please allow away to toggle the autocorrection on or off when scribbling.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In this forum please allow to sort the ideas based on number of votes. This will allow users to identify and vote for existing ideas aligned with their needs. This will also reduce repeating the same idea over and over again

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. first of all I love the app, I use it for 2 years already, it is efficient and easy.
    The only thing that can save me more time is: searching not in every map but searching inside one map, for example a specific subject, because the search button now will search through all my notes. For example, if I want to search "heart" in my map full of lectures about thorax, I don't want it to search every map (because I have like 1000 notes inside all my subjects that has the word "heart" in it, I only want it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Being able to click on a word and have a flash card open, instead of creating a separate notebook/folder for flash words. ex: Cells (is highlighted to note that it is a vocabulary word self-created flashcard) Once clicked on the word "cells" the definitions appear

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. there is a 'swipe for new page' function in one direction (I use it vertically), but there is no function in the other direction.

I would love to toggle through my open tabs using horizontal swipe.

It would make working in different documents a lot easier - especially when there are more than two.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Recommend a good spermidine products store

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Splitview for MAC (being able to open 2 separete notes at the same time on MAC OS.) that would be life-changing for all GN Users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Is it even worth playing slot machines?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Pull to Add Page is a great feature. However, in my case it seems to always duplicate the last page in the document. But that doesn't seem to make sense. For example, why - if I have marked up an image in GoodNotes, - would I want to duplicate it? Then I just have another page that is the same as the one before it.

So I find myself constantly pulling to add page, and then having to delete the newly created (duplicate) page, and then I have to go up to the dropdown menu and choose the template. It…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When exporting handwritten notes or handwritten assignments, it would be very helpful to be able to add margins after the fact so that it can be printed and/or graded. I often write to the very edge of the screen and this neither looks good nor is practical if I want to print and put in a binder. This is a feature Notability has and one of the only things I like better about that app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?