Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7114 results found

1. Most students and workers share notes and often do not use the same note-taking app. As you can only import notes taken in other apps in pdf form, you can't edit the handwriting: no eraser, no lasso tool etc... It would be INCREDIBLY beneficial if the handwriting recognition also worked with imported documents. I think applying the same handwriting recognition technology to imported notes with handwriting written in other note-taking apps would be doable. I really hope that you consider this idea because I believe that it will be a very crucial feature that will distinguish Goodnotes from the other…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Have the option to zoom in the collections to verify the stickers instead of posting each one to find the one that I'm looking. It would be great if can be in the Mac app and iPad app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please provide feature to lock PDF while exporting

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When I stay in text styling and want to select text this is not possible, I have to move to the image module or turn off the writing function to be able to select text. After pasting, it automatically redirects to text styling ...... which makes me very angry and speechless. Please restore the previous functionality, the experience after the update is extremely poor and has affected my studies, please fix this bug as soon as possible!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have a suggestion, and I hope that the function to change the font size and thickness of the pen can be added when selecting the written part as a snare when writing with a pencil. There is something called resizing on the menu, but if the size of the writing pen is 0.7mm, not what I want, I would like to change the writing part to 0.5mm or 0.3mm. Sizing is really adjusting the size.I just want to change the thickness of the pen here while maintaining the size. There is a hassle of rewriting the written part, so…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create better accessibility for low vision users. It would be nice to have the ability to increase the boldness of the lines on pages or the ability to increase the size of the tools menu. Currently I have to use the zoom feature to help choose the correct tool. We are not all created equal in the low vision community so it would be nice to have options. This doesn’t seem like it should require votes or likes. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. After the update 3 months ago, the handwriting to text convertion has bugs and I can’t convert old writings to digital text correctly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Exter Networks, a Global Managed IT Service Provider is not new to meeting the challenges of Managed Technology Services such as Network Operations Center Services (NOC), Security Operations Center Services (SOC), etc. Since 2001 we've exceeded expectations using our Full Technology Lifecycle Support Model that provides end-to-end solutions featuring Design, Deployment, and 24/7/365 support

https://www.extnoc.com/blog/outsourcing-monitoring-services-it-department/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I mostly annotate pdfs, i use 3 highlighter colours in 2 sizes and 2 colours in pen. Now I have to every time change colour of highlighter and change pen, then again highlighter & colour. I have to touch screen twice or thrice to change it. I want to have an option to favourite 3-5 custom combinations, it would increase my speed & efficiency. And also an option to guickly access them would be great. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I use good notes while studying various reports and documents. When I import a pdf or other file I usually want a blank page following each page of the imported document so I have the option of marking up the pdf or taking free form notes. Inserting an option into the import workflow to “add a blank page after each imported page” would decrease the overhead of manually adding; a relatively minor productivity increase, but one that would scratch a small annoying itch.

Thanks for considering!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It's a symptom that's been around for a long time, but it hasn't been fixed yet. Sometimes, there is a symptom that the stroke of a letter is marked as if it were cut out. Please revise it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A lot of resource books are cheaper in digital format and are a lot easier to manage on an iPad; vs pounds of books.

Problem is these publishers all have different hosting sites and the note taking software is garbage at best.

I want to write between the lines and treat it like a real book.

I would pay more for the hood note features

I would love good not to become start providing digital books that enable all the good note editing features.

My automotive and engineer school is drooling over this software.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hello guys,
    I've got a cool idea :). If you could implement a safe exam mode where the teacher can upload an exam and students can answer it on GoodNotes and if they leave the tab, the exam gets ended (just like exam.net). That would be excellent for teachers, schools, students which love their iPads and also helpful for the climate change.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The new feature that allows users to select and drag a screenshot with a tap of their finger can make it annoying when you zoom in on an image to make notes. If the image takes up the entire screen it’s too easy to end up dragging the image. Then none of the notes are aligned. Please add the ability to either toggle that feature, or to anchor a screenshot so it cannot be moved.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Page Error: I can write on the page but, it shows an error

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. What it says on the tin. Erase, lasso, OCR all should work on any imported file. For instance, taking a photo of handwritten notes and being able to edit them exactly like if they had been written in Goodnotes.

I imagine there are technical barriers to this when recognizing what to edit from, say, an image, but it seems like a function that already should be available for text documents.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Comments are useful for adding details to handwritten notes when you don’t want to take up too much space on the page.

It would make sense that they would be included in the lasso tool selection with the notes they are located over. As is, it appears it’s impossible even to copy and paste a comment manually to move it from one page to the other, potentially removing critical detail from a note.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide one-click option to send notebook for hardcover/softcover paper publication directly within the app.

I’ve been using GoodNotes for a few years now and have created many notebooks of ideas, drawings, and sketches. Would love to turn these into paper notebooks for my library. Sure, I can do this through various third party publication platforms with a little effort. But, to have an option where I could seamlessly send notebooks to a printer from within the app, knowing that the paper size and other features are controlled and synced — without any fiddling — is a big time saver.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have had a problem for a couple of months. I use Good notes for tutoring, and I use the highlighter or drawing features a lot on imported text documents. When my students try to draw or highlight, "the comment" option frequently appears. It is very sensitive if they hold down the key for too long. This is annoying and frustrating for them. How can I turn off the comment feature?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?