Customer Suggestions for GoodNotes

Share your ideas how we could improve GoodNotes for you.

Please take a moment to read these instructions carefully:
  • Use the search field to check if your idea was already submitted!
  • If your idea isn't listed, submit your own - use a descriptive title with 20 words or less, please. Include the details in the description field
  • Include only one suggestion per post
  • Help us and others understand you better and explain why and when you need the feature

If something is not working as expected or you need help, please visit our help center instead. We do not offer customer support in the suggestion forum.

Customer Suggestions for GoodNotes

Categories

1. As a teacher i use the app as an interactive whiteboard with a beamer and Apple TV (Airplay). This offers me a very good and cheap smartboard (interactive whiteboard) The app is almost perfect, but i am missing a simple pointer and a curtain to hide solutions from the pupils, when we are filling out a task sheet together.
    Also nice was a feature to record a lesson, like in doceri or have a timeline.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to sync using Google Drive rather than iCloud. Right now you can only backup to Google Drive. There should be seamless integration with Google Drive (similar to PDF Expert.)

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I often use GoodNotes to revise documents sent to me or scans for textbooks.

Often I need more space to make notes on the page that I am commenting. It would be great if GoodNotes could grow margins around the imported page giving me plenty of space to write.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. We would like an option where students could highlight the text and have it read to them to help our low readers with difficult text. Maybe have it coordinate with the iPad Accessibility option of text-to-speech.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I use this app mainly for calc. I am a college student working on my masters in electrical engineering. I would love to see charts, graphs and diagram formats to add to my page, much like how it works on pages and word. also I'd love to see dotted lines, "fill in" shading, different pen affects etc. I love the app, I can;t wait to see what else you guys add to it. Big fan

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I usually keep two notebooks open on my iPad in tabs. I write in thin black on one notebook, and the other notebook I write on an index card template in a thick marker like pen setting. Moving between tabs, it would be nice if a notebook would remember the last pen setting used inside it. I need to switch back and forth quickly, and having to change pen type, color and thickness every single time gets old fast. Thanks for your great product!

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. We should be able to add shapes from a predefined set of shapes from the developers. Plus we should be able to save our own custom shapes like for eg a rectangle with different length and breadth or a elliptical shapes etc

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Have an option in the highlighter options section to either be darker in the overlapped areas or not to darken the overlapped areas (consistant shade).

You will blow Notability out of the water once your upcoming additions are implemented!

It's already a top 5 app that makes the 12.9" iPad useful. Thanks!

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. GoodNotes provides the best handwriting experience, but the lack of rich text formatting (bold/italics, font sizes, font colors, bullets, numbered lists - you can only do one option per entire text box) makes apps like Notability a better option at the moment (despite the fact that the handwriting really sucks). There's no app that has handwriting at the level that GoodNotes has and also had proper text capabilities

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The app is great and handwriting recognition works very well but in few languages only :( There are 40 mln people in Poland. Would've great to have polish supported.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Feature that allows you to insert your pdf with space for your own notes at the side (as in note anytime)

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I would like to have an fast way to undo or redo something without aiming for the small buttons all the time. Maybe it is possible to implement a two-finger-swipe area to cover this function. Even if it would be only active during the editing in the zoomed window mode this would be increase the workflow.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add a built-in web browser to clip images or content directly into the app. Great for research and note taking.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. To increase or decrease the size of images, they lose a lot of quality. Should improve that.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add support for Microsoft documents / open office documents / Mac iWork's documents

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. We need an option to somewhat invert dark papers with bright colors into white papers with a dark color but in a more controlled way so we can read on a dark mode and print it on a typical paper.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. At the moment I can automatically backup only to
    - Box
    - Dropbox
    - OneDrive
    - GoogleDrive

I've my nextcloud. Please add it into the list of automatic backups

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Being able to put a widget on a journal page that contains synced google calendar events, would be a dream come true.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I don't like having my data in the "public" cloud. I have my own cloud setup, using among other software, www.nextcloud.org. I want the option to use NextCloud where ever say iCloud or Dropbox is used in the app. Like the others it is based on WebDav, so in theory, it should not be hard to add support for it.

I'm willing to host a development account on my server so that developers of GoodNotes can test and work out bugs, etc..

Thank you,
    Chad

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. It would be great if GoodNotes would support screen mirroring for googles chromecast.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?