Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7082 results found

1. We can keep each page as its own individual file but make it so we can view our notebook/planner as a book. I would love to see that option so I can see two of my pages side by side like a physical book.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Having a version history function would also be helpful like how google docs have theirs. As far as I've seen there isn't a version history function yet, and I haven't seen anyone suggest this idea in this forum.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please consider a feature where users can customize notebook outlines by enabling toggles or by enabling suboutlines.

It would make a notebook more neat and convenient when outlines can have indented suboutlines under them and/or toggles that collapse when clicked. It’s inconvenient to have to scroll a lengthy outline compared to a collapsible one.

Some PDFs I import have this feature and it creates collapsible toggles in the goodnotes outline section but when I create a notebook within goodnotes it does not give me an option to create toggles.

See attached files. The first pic is an imported pdf with…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Love the new voice memos feature, I wish that they were easier to use though. I would appreciate it if the names could be edited after recording, and if they could be linked to and played by a voice memo sticker on the page.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • having the stats on how well you doing for Study mode flashcards
    • able to view all flashcards in small tabs like for the other notebooks, but add that feature to flashcard because having to edit the first flashcard you made, but you have 100+ total flashcards is soooo time consuming!
    6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The option to have more than 1 default text setting for different things like titles and text. Different font, color etc.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. While writing, my palm touches the screen and most often the "Zoom | Add comment" option pops up. It would be great if this menu can be made optional.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have currently switched to goodnotes from notability. The problem I am facing in Goodnotes is, while writing my palm touches the bottom navaigation bar (big bar to naavigate to home screen and recent apps) and the pen doesn't work while my palm touches the bar. It happens quite happen. And it is creating very disturbance for me.
    In notability, while the pen is active and writing is on, the navigation bar stops rendering touch and it fades as pen is working on the screen.
    So my request is, Please add the feature to auto hide the bottom navigation bar…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. View and edit multiple pages (1, 2, or 4, like a printed pdf) at once

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Different suggestion from the much needed sub-outlines (see the 600+ voted on suggestion by Daniel Wyatt “Sub-Outlines in Outline”) which would bring in a collapsible feature in Outline.

This is about being able to assign, to different elements of the outline, headings which would be integrated into the Outline system. Right now the document may have different internal headings, but if I add these to the GoodNotes Outline, they are difficult to keep in their actual order.

The suggestion is as follows :
    Include the most common and convenient method to add headings using the # (as is possible in…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I’m using comments to add notes to my lectures where there are no space and if I don’t have space for some notes then won’t have for a photo either so I think adding photos to comments I really a helpful way for organizing the lecture

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow for inverting colors of a document opened in the app. Nothing fancy like iOS smart invert needed; just invert all colors in document ignoring menu and drawing/highlighter colors. My eyes are sensitive to light, but I need to use an iPad to be able to view my textbooks in large print and take notes; I literally use sunglasses while studying, cause I require the contrast so lowering brightness doesn't help. Smart invert also doesn't work, and regular iOS invert is annoying to turn on and off as I am switching back and forth between apps during long and short…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. An “add comment/note” option over a selected area or text like we have in MS Word where you can select a word and add a comment there. Could be useful for a quick definition or a full form of the selected text which I don’t want to write in my main notes, etc.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like a function to add Tooltips to elemts or text. So for example one can add a definiton or further Information (even an image) to a word.
    Otherwise it would help to enhance the comment function with more possibilities, especially adding images.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 可以自己选择第三方翻译插件吗,自带的翻译好难用。我想要可以自己配置第三方翻译软件。
    I really want the ability to self-select the third-party translators or translator apps when choosing the text or phases, please!!!!!!!!!!!

And thank you very very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A toggle setting for handwriting to be automatically aligned (moved to be written in a straight line) and letter height adjustment so they appear more even.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Be able to type directly into the document without having to use a text box. Like a word document for example. But still be able to write or annotate if wanted.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A good notes account is a good idea as iCloud sync is not reliable. Making a username and password to have all folders and notebooks safe in a “goodnotes account” is the best way to ensure nothing is lost, and is an easy way to access these notes on other compatible devices (like iPad to MacBook).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. when resizing the image, lines, objects, etc, make it able to flip horizontally and vertically and have the option to fix its proportions while doing so and show degrees when simply just rotating.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The ability to import a pdf as a smaller file/image similar to the way Notability lets you import scanned pdfs by giving you two options of either importing it as an image or importing it as a full-scale pdf would be an amazing feature. GoodNotes seems to make it imperative that something must be scanned instead of imported from another source in order to recognize text. This is the case at least when importing images or pdfs that were not OCR'd and have unrendered text in them.

I feel like this proposal would be helpful, in that, it would allow…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?