Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

6975 results found

1. It would be great if the thickness of the pen can be automatically adjusted with respect to the zoom-in ratio, so that the pen thickness displayed on the screen stays the same.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I like the idea of having a storage on camera button that has a drop-down menu to store clipart a person uses. For example in physics I use this clipart of a car or buildings alot to help quickly have free body diagrams. Having a drop-down menu of tables, pictures, and other tools saved for quick access would nice versus having to constantly copy, paste, or crop

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be awesome if the print feature could be expanded. Especially being able to print a selection of pages and being able to choose whether to include the background (as in the pdf export) would be super duper awesome!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Search feature: being able to search within a specific folder, notebook or any document . When we do a search currently it will give you results of all different notes that will match your search description and even tho that is helpful it would be more helpful if you can perform a search on that specific folder currently open....

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I need functionality to play embedded movies in PDFs for online research presentation.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. because all files are sync to the cloud (icloud/onedrove...) we should be able to desync some of them so they take less space but are still visible on the app. And re-download them when we need to

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Email to GoodNotes is a pretty handy automation feature, but it is quite annoying to get all the files in the "Home" directory. It would be really nice if it was possible to add the option to use a relative path to the home directory like '/university/cs1' as subject of the mail.

That way I could automatically import my scripts into GoodNotes and they would be there whenever I wanted to use them. Currently I have to search for the required script in the set of scripts forever, which costs me more time than downloading the scripts as soon as…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When we watch pdf, especially textbook or something we need to write many notes on GoodNotes, it doesn’t have enough spaces to make notes on that. So Hopefully we could use something like real ‘sticky notes’ which allow us to ‘stick’ our notes on pdf. When we click it, it maximum and shows like a real sticky notes, click again to minimize it to save space.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I’m using vertical page view. No matter how fast I scroll (ipad, with a finger), it a fixed speed. This is not the case with native scrolling, in a webpage for example or a pdf file.
    Pls make scrolling with varied speed, same as native device.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When importing pptx pages, scans or PDFs, the page size is exactly the import size. I would like the ability to resize the page to a template so we could add notes in the margins.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Instantly Convert handwritten text to doc text on the same page without needing to "copy" and then "paste" within Goodnotes.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow us to make a custom watermark. For example i make legendary notes on my ipad and i send them to my classmates, but i want to add a watermark in app so they cant use it elsewhere. Right now i use some third party software where i have to put my pdf in and it gives me a pdf with watermark. With the built in watermark feature it will be very easy.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sidebar Favorites Drop Down

Please make it to where, at least on GoodNotes for Mac, the Favorites selection in the sidebar drops down into a tree. This way, we can quickly access those favorites and/or drag files from one folder, directly into a favorited folder.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I know there are several posts like this but I think it would benefit ALL users if we had more pen choices. I would definitely understand if there’s a reason as to why there’s only 2... but I can’t think of one and as this IS a note taking app. Since this replaces the pen and paper method,I would think it makes sense that those creating/updating GoodNotes would want their users to have the most realistic writing experience when using the app. If using pen and paper, there are far more than 2 choices to write with and digital note…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Being able to adjust opacity would enable note taking to use a Boldness type feature for important ideas and parenthetical ideas could be more faint.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The current eraser generally erases everything. However, this is a problem with complex text that is possibly highlighted or circled in different colors, for example, with mathematical equations or problems. An eraser that is able to selectively erase a certain color will make it easier to remove unwanted colored text instead of having to erase everything and rewrite it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I think split view is a useful tool to take advantage of but still not as efficient/user friendly as I’d like it to be.

Example: I want to read a pdf document and take notes of that content as I’m reading through the document. While split view can facilitate this situation, it takes too much screen space with all the tools. It’s also two separate documents that aren’t really linked/associated with each other.

Solution A: add a sticky note tool option to the toolbar so that we can have a floating sticky note on whatever page we’re on. This has…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hi, I would prefer it if we were able to use different pens for pens and shapes. I personally like to write in a fountain pen font and draw shapes with a ballpoint pen, however, changing the pen style for shapes also changes it for the pen itself. Would appreciate having these two operate independently.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?