Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7115 results found

1. By far the biggest let down of GoodNotes is the failure of the drawing coexisting with the typing. Currently, typing is shocking on mac and must be improved to a similar standard to a word processor. This would widen the target market dramatically and improve the service significantly.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I am constantly highlighting e-textbooks on Goodnotes and currently I can only clear one page at a time. It would be fantastic to clear an entire notebook at once for people like me that re-highlight when reading it again.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be nice to have something to let you know when something is space - centered, something like what appears when you are doing and instagram story. It is a little thing but I think it would make a big difference making digital notes more like paper notes where you can make sure something is centered.

Btw, I love the app! It has made taking digital notes a whole experience for me, thank you!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I really want goodnotes to ask before closing any tab for more convenient such as "Are you sure you want to close 123.pdf ?". I usually open multiple tabs and I accidentally close some tab that I don't know. (I know that I can find the recent tabs I've opened.) Sometimes I close wrong tab too. Thank you for reading my opinion in advance.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1.在输入科学公式、方程方面软件目前没有好的解决方案,建议支持插入LaTex公式输入,手写识别时能支持将手写内容经过OCR识别直接转化为美观的公式样式。推荐一个在科学公式识别方面做的非常好的公司,他们的服务可以廉价提供,他们的网站是:https://mathpix.com/

2.在文本框编辑状态下,软件无法兼容苹果笔的“随手写”功能,该功能可以实时进行手写识别完成文本输入。

I am a Chinese user, and the following text is generated by machine translation.

1. Currently, there is no good solution for the input of scientific formulas and equations. It is suggested that LaTex formula input should be supported and handwritten content can be directly transformed into a beautiful formula style through OCR recognition. Recommend a company that does a really good job of identifying scientific formulas, and their service is available on the cheap, at https://mathpix.com/

2. In the state of text box editing, the software is not compatible with apple Pen's "write casually" function, which can realize…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Not sure how to describe this. But it is a hassle sometimes, that whenever i draw a graph for example and use different colors and sizes etc. to annotate it and then release i need to erase something which happens to cross over the lines of my graph, the graph would get erased as well.

So maybe an option to pin something like on Canva so it can‘t be edited anymore.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be great if the thickness of the pen can be automatically adjusted with respect to the zoom-in ratio, so that the pen thickness displayed on the screen stays the same.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I like the idea of having a storage on camera button that has a drop-down menu to store clipart a person uses. For example in physics I use this clipart of a car or buildings alot to help quickly have free body diagrams. Having a drop-down menu of tables, pictures, and other tools saved for quick access would nice versus having to constantly copy, paste, or crop

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be awesome if the print feature could be expanded. Especially being able to print a selection of pages and being able to choose whether to include the background (as in the pdf export) would be super duper awesome!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Search feature: being able to search within a specific folder, notebook or any document . When we do a search currently it will give you results of all different notes that will match your search description and even tho that is helpful it would be more helpful if you can perform a search on that specific folder currently open....

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I need functionality to play embedded movies in PDFs for online research presentation.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. because all files are sync to the cloud (icloud/onedrove...) we should be able to desync some of them so they take less space but are still visible on the app. And re-download them when we need to

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Email to GoodNotes is a pretty handy automation feature, but it is quite annoying to get all the files in the "Home" directory. It would be really nice if it was possible to add the option to use a relative path to the home directory like '/university/cs1' as subject of the mail.

That way I could automatically import my scripts into GoodNotes and they would be there whenever I wanted to use them. Currently I have to search for the required script in the set of scripts forever, which costs me more time than downloading the scripts as soon as…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When we watch pdf, especially textbook or something we need to write many notes on GoodNotes, it doesn’t have enough spaces to make notes on that. So Hopefully we could use something like real ‘sticky notes’ which allow us to ‘stick’ our notes on pdf. When we click it, it maximum and shows like a real sticky notes, click again to minimize it to save space.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I’m using vertical page view. No matter how fast I scroll (ipad, with a finger), it a fixed speed. This is not the case with native scrolling, in a webpage for example or a pdf file.
    Pls make scrolling with varied speed, same as native device.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When importing pptx pages, scans or PDFs, the page size is exactly the import size. I would like the ability to resize the page to a template so we could add notes in the margins.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Instantly Convert handwritten text to doc text on the same page without needing to "copy" and then "paste" within Goodnotes.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow us to make a custom watermark. For example i make legendary notes on my ipad and i send them to my classmates, but i want to add a watermark in app so they cant use it elsewhere. Right now i use some third party software where i have to put my pdf in and it gives me a pdf with watermark. With the built in watermark feature it will be very easy.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 6 votes

We're glad you're here