Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

6975 results found

1. It would be so much faster if the hyperlinks work in all views not just in read only mode. In the planner I created I am constantly going back and forth between views. It would be so nice that when I go into edit mode I could click on a hyperlink tab and go to that section.

I love Goodnotes. But this is a real flaw.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. There’s times I’d like my highlighter to be more vivid without going over it multiple times, or times I’d even like it to be solid (e.g. to fill something with solid color since it’s larger brush size)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 建议缩小工具栏的面积,或者将多行工具栏合并为一行(空间完全够)。在看文档时工具栏占据了太多屏幕空间。

同时希望可以自定义工具栏位置。

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. GoodNotes is the excellent app for note taking.Its just above all as compared to all other note taking apps out there in app store.
    Just want to convey a single message to GoodNotes team.
    Please please add scrolling bar function in pages.The slider bar of pages don't work properly.We have to manually turn each pages and that is a too tedious process.Kindly give the option of scrolling of pages using finger or apple pencil.

Also kindly add search through function in images and pictures which are attached in notes.
    Thank you

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Need to be more intuitive & simulative when using the App, so we don't need to always try to find the right function & apply it to the document.
    Thanks a lot !

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Not sure if this is possible, but it would be nice to import a pdf document into an existing note and not have it much larger than the existing pages in the note.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When making diagram I use shapes, I often need to have multiple circles or squares of the same size, since it is inconvenient and hard to draw each one in the exact same size my only option is to copy and then paste them, which is ok but if we can have two in one option (duplicate) the workflow would be faster. Duplication would be great for everything, not just shapes though.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Good notes is the perfect app for maths practise as maths requires a lot of practise. It would be great if you could just select a set of equations and the app would automatically detect the variables and numbers and solve the equations. This would be of tremendous help

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Just saw your experimental feature of learning with flashcards. What I would wish as an improvement is having the flashcard page (Question/Answer) on the right side of an page, when creating it. Moreover I want it not to appear underneath the scroll direction reading through my normal script. I want to see it maybe indicating that it exist by seeing a small border of it on the right side. Check my sketch in the attachment.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be so helpful if the app actually recognized pictures and texts automatically, so that we can shift things easily, change the color or size of a text or edit the text in general ( as I want to summarize some texts in my lectures often into sharp and short statements). Also the recognition of photos and direct cutting, swirling, positioning somewhere else...

ALSO SHARPER HIGHLIGHTERS which just go STRAIGHT AND AUTOMATICALLY RECOGNIZE THE END OF THE WORD. So many times I need to re-highlight, so that the full word is actually highlighted in an organized manner.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I use GoodNotes on iPadOS for marking students' work. I normally have the files in a folder "To Mark" and once I mark them I move them to a folder "Marked". I do so by clicking on the name of the document and choosing "Move to a Different Folder" in the menu that opens up. Alas, every time I do this, the file browser starts at the top of the hierarchy. It would very convenient if GoodNotes would default to the previously used folder. It would save me (# students) x 4 clicks!!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Often times i'm trying to draw a curved line but it's changed to a straight line. Please improve recognition between curved and straight lines.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As a teacher, I use GoodNotes as a smart board and do work in class, I upload notes to Google Drive for students to see later. I continually upload notes as certain parts of a document. I would love if at the start I upload the note to Google Drive, and part way through the lesson I export again to Google Drive, that the orginal one in drive is overwritten so that the new one is there for students. This way I don't end up with 3-4 files with the same name and have different things in them and students…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I just need “categories” shortcut button as in Goodnotes 4. This is THE MOST convenient thing that this app MUST HAVE. Many people have a lot of files and folders. We just want to reach to the file we want to use instantly when it pops in our head without tapping “back and back, and back, and back” over and over just to reach the main “Documents” page first. That’s why the Goodnotes 4 has advantage over Goodnotes 5.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Drag and drop pdfs in Mac OS is annoying because you have to export, save, and then drag (or export to mail and drag, etc). Then rename the document.... I’ve noticed other 3rd party apps have extensions which would allow import through the share icon in Preview or other apps like Safari. Would love to see that feature! Would make workflow a lot smoother.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. First chose the sentence or word range or something you want to hide to remember.
    Second , changes the mode normal to hide mode, then the range you chose first would be disappear , and if you want to check the answer of the range , the double tap the range.
    It will be more usable for all users.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hello Goodnotes team! First of all, I would like to say that I love using your app. Ever since I started studying on an Ipad with goodnotes my productivity improve 100%. I love how clean and intuitive the software is. I also really like the cloud integration. This is where my first feature request comes from as well. Actually, I believe it is more of a bug. On some of the pdfs of my notes which are auto uploaded to google drive, the highlighter doesn't display properly. Instead, it looks like a series of triangles. Another request I have is…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hi, goodnotes developers.
    I've been using goodnotes application for years and I think Goodnotes 5 should have a "Categories" shourcut as in goodnotes 4. It's more convenient than tapping "back" again and again until I reach the main documents page. I have many subfolders so that shoutcut is what goodnotes 5/6/7 or whatever should have. Hope you consider this problem. I'm certainly sure that it's not inly me who feel uncomfotable about this. Thank you for your hard working!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. We’ll see what we can do about it in the future. In the meantime, you can avoid having to tap the back button multiple times and instead tap on the “Documents” icon in the tab bar at the bottom to jump straight to the root folder level.

• Don't see your idea?