Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7082 results found

1. I am using GoodNotes 5 for PDF annotation.
    I am experiencing some lag or dropped frames when scrolling. GoodNotes 4 had a smoother experience when using two fingers to zoom around.
    The dropped frames also do not happen when using the apple pencil to scroll.
    I would love to see this fixed, as it is really annoying.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. You should be able to resize your selection horizontally only or vertically only. Sometimes I want to make something wider or taller and can’t. I have to just increase it in the 1:1 proportion. Please add this feature! Thank you!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I review alot of technical documents with goodnotes and often times, there will be updates to the underlying PDF Document from time to time. I would like the ability to move my annotated notes to the latest PDF.

In my situation, almost all of the time, the underlying PDF would have the same format, number of pages etc. So the ability of export only annotations (which you current support) and merge the exported PDF annotates with a new PDF would solve my problem.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Organizing notes in date created instead of date modified

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like the be able to pin the search sidebar to quickly look thru search results. Also, I would like to be able to double click on text (Mac version) to select text that I can paste in the search query.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When pinching the page to zoom out, lasso selection is removed.
    I want to be able to zoom out in lasso mode while keeping the selection. This is actually possible if I first select resize. Then I can zoom out and keep the selection. Pls allow the same in lasso.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add buttons to jump to beginning and end of of long documents.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In pen tool and highlighter tool, only three colours can be set at the same time, but is there any way to set four or more colours on the tool bar at the same time? Personally, I use black, red, blue and green frequently, but every time I need to switch one of three colour settings. Since there is still space on the tool bar, the app should allow the users to add more colour settings on the bar (like Microsoft OneNote). What do you think?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I am a Maths teacher from Vietnam. I love technology. About 2 years ago, I came across your Goodnotes application, which was the number one paid application in AppStore and I felt lucky that I bought it. I got excited and engrossed in your app at the very first time I used it. I work with Mathematics problems very frequently. When using Goodnotes, the problems become much easier and more intriguing. I learned a lot from these and thanks to it, my students got many prizes in local competitions. I wrote a “long essay” to you in the reviews section…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I use good notes for teaching. But when I’m explaining with both of my hands, my students don’t get to see which screen area to focus on. Laser pointer is amazing feature but it needs activity from instructor.

We can use mouse cursor as an ‘idle-state’ highlighter in presentation mode. Should be easy to implement. And if we can control the colour, size and opacity of the cursor in presentation mode, it would be awesome.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Pre-Recorded Hands Writing Letters Shape Recognition !

For Students Notes with Apple Pencil

To have a Nice uniform handwriting looking clean, swell and Exactly as you want your lettres shapes to be.

It would be the possibility of combining handwriting recognition and personal writing Pre-Recording.

Be able to record the personal calligraphy of each letter (lowercase and uppercase) written by yourself.

Explanation:
    I write with my Apple pencil an "A", as I would always like to see it appear on my screen when I write by hand. Once my '' A '' saved / programmed, Notability recognizes every time I…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Suppose I highlight and annotate text in a pdf. I want a summary of all my highlights (not my handwritten annotations), how can I do that. Once I can do that, and maybe the optionality for adding my handwritten annotations can be added as well, then this 'page' becomes my 'cover sheet' for the pdf. At a later date, I only need to refer to this sheet and if I need more clarity I can go to the underlying pdf which in any case is attached to the 'cover sheet'. This is a feature that is available in the 'free'…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Could functionality be added to scribble left to write to erase vs. using the undo at the top of the page or the 2 or 3 finger method like other apps.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The range of colors that GoodNotes offers is amazing, but it can be difficult in practice to fluidly incorporate them into documents. This could be streamlined considerably by having a coloring tool that allows the user to change the color of pen and highlighter marks by stroking over them with their pencil.

Motivation:
    There are a lot of use cases where it is useful to have multi-colored diagrams and writing. For example, is often helpful to color certain variables and subscripts in mathematical equations to intuitively link equations together. As it is, doing this either requires changing the pen color…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Some of these ideas may have been mentioned before, and maybe they haven’t, but these are some features I would like to see.

Sending things forward or backward. Or picture layering.

Being able to select handwriting, photos or text boxes and being able to bring it forward or backward so they can layer. It would be super useful for those who digital planner journals or scrapbook.

This one I know has been said, but voice recording.

The ability to convert text directly, rather than a cop and then have to paste, while proceeding to delete the original handwritten text.

The…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add the option to sort files from Z to A.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Most of us can agree that a page of notes with no lines looks neater and as a result, makes notes more appealing and engaging. However, handwriting on a blank page can often lead to slanted writing which has the opposite effect. Therefore a very useful feature (I believe) would be to have a feature where if you zoom/close up on your notes page, gridlines show up, and then when you zoom out, the page returns to having a blank (no lines) background.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It doesn't always let me switch color when typing. If I switch to a different color in text mode, it always switches back to the previous color I used. Please fix this!!!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I want you to add the pen pressure adjustment of Apple Pencil.
    Currently, it is difficult to write beautiful characters because the pen pressure is as sensitive.

Especially characters with many strokes such as kanji cannot be written beautifully.

Please refer to the setting sample image.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Use the tools available in the Notes app that has handwriting smoothing.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?