Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

6977 results found

1. Since many lecturers at the university work with PDF/Powerpoint, I like to import them into Goodnotes to annotate them. I also add new slides to solve exercises or make further notes. Unfortunately there are no exactly fitting templates for this. It would be great if there would be a template that adapts exactly to the slide size of the PDF/Powerpoint.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Synchronisation from mac to Ipad is really slow. Need to restart app or turn on shared document to synch them faster.. a reload button or faster synch time would be great!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We really need the ability to create hyperlinks in the document. There is a HUGE market for bullet journals but the methods available for making hyperlinked documents aren’t available to everyone (e.g. Indesign, Keynote, etc). You’re missing a huge trick here!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Many users are asking for technical drawing aids (rulers, protractors, triangle rulers, etc.)
    A very quick workaround [not a final solution, but a helpful start] would be to include a sticker collection containing some drawing tools on transparent backgrounds.
    I am aware that now one can create sticker packs by oneself, but not all users might come up with the idea / would know how to do it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'd like to use those gestures when editing images, elements and shapes.
    Those gestures are such a fundamental part of iOS/iPadOS that it feels strange when I constantly try to use them but they don’t work in GoodNotes.
    Especially since other gestures like a three-finger pinch to copy are supported.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There is a thick black line between the pages to differentiate between them, make them thin and I want to be able to draw on them. Have a look at the attached images

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. please arrange users' favourite pens in a separate line, so that people can move this line to different sides like ios memo. Meanwhile users can add and modify their preferred color and thickness of pens in this favourite lines so that users can choose them quickly, instead there are just three pens, which is not convenient now.
    2. Please attention to the smooth and respond rate when we use i pencil, which is worse than notability! The delay when we use i pencil on goodnotes is very obvious!
    3. please add record function like notability! Thanks for your time and please make…
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I adore GoodNotes and am happy to pay for each new version. But just please, don’t force users into a terrible subscription service that is against App Store rules. Keep doing what you’re doing, I’ll keep paying when it’s time for an upgrade. I really love this app, I really do.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please add two-factor authentication whenever I want to open my document for maximum security.
    I am a medical student and I do not want my classmates to steal my notes and surpass me.
    Moreover, receiving an email or a text message when the document is opened would be extremely useful.
    Thank you for reading and voting for the idea. Never give up your privacy!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Keep fillable PDF forms fillable once uploaded in GoodNotes. Currently the fields are deactivated

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When we left-handed people (and i guess it’s the same problem for right-handed people at the right side of the page) write on goodnotes , we cannot rest the left hand on the screen of the ipad while writing when beginning a sentence, because the paper cannot be moved around. So our hand is always partly on the edge of the ipad partly on the table.

So if it was possible to pull and push the paper around on the ipad as we want, we could calmly rest our left hand on the screen when writing. To understand what i…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add an option to increase the speed of draw and hold with the pen. In subjects like math and engineering, there are a lot of graphs and lines to draw. Switching to shape tool every time can be tedious while the pen also feels slow when dealing with such subjects. Apple notes has nailed the hold time in my opinion and seeing an option to change the speed would be appreciated.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be cool if there is a solution pen that is only displayed when you switch to a solution mode, because for example you have a whole list full of sentences that you have to learn the answer to, and so you can just query it yourself, (the flashcards are handy, but with whole pages full of questions it gets too much). Example. You write down the questions with the normal pen, and then switch to the answer pen, with which you write down the answer.

I would also like to be able to synchronize certain OneNote pages with…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be nice to be able to organize the notes I post on GoodNotes Community into folders (ex. by class or subject) so it’s easier to navigate a person’s profile

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Have a second shape tool, or maybe an option in the current one, that works like the Microsoft word shape tool. Choose a shape from a predefined, yet extensive, list. Be able to choose outline and fill color (including clear), and maybe even opacity. Once it's placed on the page allow scalability of the whole shape, rotations, and even adjusting points on the shape to make warped shapes. Included here should be arrows, a line, and a dotted line.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hi,

So I haven't used the app consistently in about a year.. Recently I've began using it again. I've uploaded a text i'm studying in pdf form. While I am studying I am taking notes and I thought how nice it would be to include these features. The tinting would be nice for prolonged staring at the screen while reading (Similar to what I think kindle's used to do, maybe). I know I can have blank pages with yellow but, I would recommend adding the option of tinting documents such as my pdf with hundreds of pages with walls of…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. If it was possible to import a document and then be scannable would be a godsend for those who need big chunks of text, are trying to look up words or are learning a language. Even those who need text to speech would be able to copy the scannable text and use it quickly.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Being able to split a page horizontally would allow to insert a new page for notes in between lines. This is useful for exercise pdfs with many questions, so you can answer directly below the question.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Customise the Apple pencil double tap to change pen thickness between pre-set values or colour pen while writing

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The ability to link externally (ie to a URL, or to a pdf in my files) or internally (ie within GoodNotes) would make GN a lot more viable as a working tool.

I've just started a degree so have years of study ahead of me. Finding the right tool at the outset is vital, so that my notes will be consistent in terms of file type, cross-file compatibility etc. - with study notes I NEED to be able to link to research sources / related GN notes etc.

This is a reasonable expectation in 2021. The lack of this functionality…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?