Customer Suggestions for GoodNotes

Share your ideas how we could improve GoodNotes for you.

Please take a moment to read these instructions carefully:
  • Use the search field to check if your idea was already submitted!
  • If your idea isn't listed, submit your own - use a descriptive title with 20 words or less, please. Include the details in the description field
  • Include only one suggestion per post
  • Help us and others understand you better and explain why and when you need the feature

If something is not working as expected or you need help, please visit our help center instead. We do not offer customer support in the suggestion forum.

Customer Suggestions for GoodNotes

Categories

1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I have two different App Store accounts! I got a new IPad and had no idea I was using a separate account from my phone. How can I switch between accounts within the app to access everything I have on my iPad when I am using my phone?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Not a suggestion, but complaint. Unable to set a file name to exclude from the auto-backup. I can't click on the section, and there is no where for me to set a file name to exclude.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hello,
    I am a great user of the app, using it to design furnitures and on measure wood work. Good notes is so fine but two major improvement should be released on the next update :
    I am writing my notes in French and in English. For this I need to create two documents. If you could create a « layer » option, I could simply choose the language I need to export in the same document. The top of the top would be layers even for the draws themselves. I could take a picture of client interior and put…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I was wondering if you can add a feature?

I would love it if you could make it that you can scroll the page you are working on up the screen further than just to the bottom of the screen. What I mean by this is rather than have the bottom of the page you are writing on stay at the bottom of the screen, it would be great if you could actually scroll the page up so the bottom of the page you are writing on is actually half way up the screen so you can still rest your…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I’m a new user, so this might be a clarification request rather than a feature request, but I’m doing something that makes the tool switch randomly from pen to eraser. Is there a setting somewhere I can change to make it stop doing this? If I want the eraser I’ll pick the eraser.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. It would be so awsome for the autobackup feature to have an option to backup all docs to pdf but without the background template. i know it can be tricky if you wrote on a black template with white ink, but for all people using templates just as a guide to keep sentences straight and a yellowish paper colour to avoid eye strain it would be the best feature ever

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Folder names/titles are fairly small and there is not an option to make them larger. Please make this available. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can you add a “merge” or “group” lines feature? It would make drawing shapes and ideas a whole lot easier. Similar to being able to group multiple lines or images on PowerPoint or google docs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I tend to highlight my notes on my iPad, but when I open it on my Mac the text is moved down on the page and no longer in the correct place, aka highlighted

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. My idea includes doing the already available functions but correctly. If you can’t like just give me a refund.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I believe that you all should do an X-ray feature like kindle does that allows you to view only the highlighted portions of your document. This will allow a more condensed view of the things that you deemed most important in the document. This would be so helpful with students as it would allow them a much quicker way to create summary sheets of lectures by distilling only the things that they highlighted ie. what they found most important.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Is it possible to request for the line spacing to be similar with native Notes app for handwriting purposes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Smaller sized squares i.e. 5mm length

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would like to add a function that allows vertical and horizontal movement when moving the contents with a noose tool.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When moving things around using the lasso tool in large documents I often experience that some text just randomly disappears. Sometimes it can be entire pages and it is very frustrating as a student when you just finished a page of an assignment and suddenly it is gone. If I restart the document then the text is back. Also I experience a lot of lagging when in a large document. I think these two things have to be fixed because I find GoodNotes the best note taking app on the market except for this rather disturbing error.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It is getting tedious for me to switch between 6 commonly used colours with a 3-slot palette when there is clearly space on the app interface to accommodate all 6 of them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. For adjusting what should be selected with the lasso tool you always have to open a dropdown menu. This could be done with the property menu on the right. That would be faster and you would see directly, what the lasso tool is going to select before using it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like a quick access to the eraser. Instead of selecting the eraser in the menu bar I would for example love if you could change to the erase with a simple click or gesture on you screen. Maybe a quick double tap with your pencil

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)