Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7115 results found

1. I would like to have the option to have an unlimited page size, just like Apple notes. So no page-breaks in between, just one long page, which is expanding by it self.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Have Libraries with Bookshelves to store the Notebooks

what if goodnotes did not have FOLDERS but shelves and libraries. Example: i may have a "personal" library, a "work or professional" library, maybe one for my "clubs", and one for the uni or school.

in the "school" library i may have a shelf for chemistry, one for biology, maths, languages etc. on the "language" shelf i might have notebooks for Eng, French, German, or Grammar, or Literature Autumn Semester 2021 etc...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Why can't we just simply drag and move the open tabs around? It's very frustrating to have to close tabs and reopen them in order just to have them in the desired order. I believe it's a simple necessary feature to be able to drag those tabs around to be more organized!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Undoing a written word or two is a monstrous pain under the double-two-finger-tap system. It might be 10 or 15 strokes that all need undoing, and pounding away on the ipad screen with a double-tap for each individual stroke takes way too long and is cumbersome.

How about: double-tap and HOLD enters an "undo scrub" mode, where you can drag left and right to move through undo history with a simple two-finger swipe gesture, instead of dozens of fingertip-bruising taps? This would be a marvelous improvement to writing flow.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Give the ability to create a blank page (pure white) using the current template size. Often, when importing slide decks into goodnotes, they have varying sizes and I'll have to go into MSPaint or something and create a blank slide template to import with the proper resolution size. So giving the ability to not only copy the current template but cover it with a white page would be awesome! Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The names on the tabs at the top of the screen are hard to read as the lettering is only a few shades darker than the color of the tab itself. It would be great if you could increase the contrast between those two colors or give users the option to change it. Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Create QR codes within documents (partner with a standalone qr code generator?)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be great if there were more stickers for note-taking. I'm thinking like a ! and ?. And also like the word IMPORTANT. Just more note-taking sticker options

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When you open a pdf or a slide that has been imported have it gray out/highlight places where it thinks would be a good idea to highlight. Would be great for people that are not good at taking notes

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Writing near the bottom edge of the page is very uncomfortable. Please allow us to move the page without it snapping back so we can keep the writing area on the most comfortable part of the screen.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have an iPad with large storage, and have only limited iCloud. I would love to clean my iCloud and move all all documents to my iPad storage. I am afraid to clear iCloud storage to loose any files as I’m not sure which ones are saved on iCloud and which ones are saved on iPad. I tried to find some help on blog but people are only asking about the other way around than I need, i.e. they are asking about uploading all the files to iCloud from iPad.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Choosing favourite pages from different files and putting them collectively in a single folder and when I enter to any page of them it sends me back to its original file. It will really help me in my studys. Please add this feature it help us to re read important slides before exam
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A brush that when passed over the colors mixes them and thus creates gradients, for texts and drawings!
    I will leave an example of some texts that are nice in the procreate app, it would be very useful to have a mixer brush integrated in GoodNotes :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. it would be great if the horizontal Page Swipe should be as smooth as the vertical.
    If you swipe to next pages you must do a long way with your finger.Sometimes two or three times.
    It needs to be faster.
    Thank you…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The zoom window is great but it would be better if it wasn't locked to the bottom of the screen.

If the zoom window could be moved to the upper or lower corners of the screen or relegated to a movable box. That way you could use the zoom window without moving the entire document all the time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be great if you could add new pages to the right of each page in vertical scrolling mode, like page(3.1).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When I’m drawing a function like on a graph it would be helpful if i could just draw a parabola without it being ruined or not proper.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be very usefull if it was added a color selector, much like paint as it. for example you are using someone else notes or writing or a preexisting template, it would be very helpful if you could select the color of something that written already and start using the same color to write

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add more sticker/icon categories (tech, medical, etc.) to the library. Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I screenshot (with the lasso tool) parts of my textbook (pdf in goodnotes), but I have to screenshot and paste individually.
    I would like to screenshot (and possibly crop at the same time) and have them in a hold (like elements) and then paste them from the hold into my document. I would like it to be a temporary hold to, so an option to delete from this hold when pasted would be cool too.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?