Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

6982 results found

1. I am a new user I really enjoy this app but there are some features that will be handy for all for us users of Goodnotes 5. Starting with a setting of margins for the templates ( I print my notes to put them on a binder and some of my notes gets cut of with the hole puncher), a ruler (this will be super handy, I know I can use the shape tool but there's people that work with measurements)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be really cool if you combineed your handwriting recognition with your typing tool. Do stuff like intending lines of handwritten notes, or left justifying your handwritten notes after the fact. (I know you can use the lasso, but sometimes it gets tedious)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I love the new perfect shape feature. However as a maths student I mosty want to use it to make straight lines for fractions or square roots and I feel like you need to hold down the stroke for too long before it is straightened. I disrupts my writing flow and I feel like allowing users to set the delay (50% faster or slower maybe) would improve the app while keeping it simple enough to use. (the option could be hidden in a menu)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In den Textfeldern funktioniert schon das Thema, mit der Tabulatortaste der Tastatur den Text zu verschieben. Nur leider begrenzt. Nur über 5 kleine Schritte, dann springt der Text bereits eine Spalte tiefer und rechts wäre noch soviel Platz frei...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. i love the pen in apple’s notes. it looks exactly like how my handwriting would look on paper. please add a pen like that, i find that my handwriting always looks off with the ballpoint or fountain pen.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. For some reason, whenever I upload a pdf to Goodnotes on my iPad, I loose the ability to use my screen reader to help me read the text. This is really awful, as I rely on my screen reader to help me get through my readings for school. I love the flexibility of Goodnotes' highlight, page marking, and page searching functions. This one extra layer of compatibility or trouble shooting would literally make the difference between excelling and falling behind in my classes :/.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I want to make my hand-notes from work more searchable and actionable.

I was thinking of tagging and defining elements: e.g. add in current date/time (press on a handwritten date and tag it OR add in current date) to search it later. Additionally, I can imagine tasks tags, questions tags which then are searchable in a separate list/table etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. As a Goodnotes user on Ipad (+ Pencil) and Iphone I would really like more flexibility with using a keyboard for text imput on both platforms, but primarily on Iphone.

I would really like to have nested bullet points, dashes, numbering, and indentation features available within the Text Boxes

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Adding a measuring tool built into the text rotation box specifying the exact angle you rotate the text. Noteshelf 2 just introduced this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bei horizontaler Scrollrichtung: Vertikales Scrollen bewirkt springen zum vorherigen/nächsten Favoriten/Gliederungspunkte

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. GoodNotes 5 is killing my battery. I use it for an hour and I’ve dropped 25%

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be perfect if GoodNotes 5 can support automatically synchronise files with google drive when using different devices (such as iPhone & iPad) under the same account.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be wonderful for view only links of documents. As a teacher teaching during distance learning, I would like to post notes that I’ve written without giving the students the ability to edit it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I Struggle a lot with my handwriting and while it’s still legible it’s not always astethic so I would greatly appreciate a feature in which as you write it gets converted to text as you go (you can switch this off in your settings). The most important part is to change the text font, I would love fonts made to look like still handwritten notes. I would also love to be able to change the text font and even download font that many people have put up that looks like writing. This would allow me to still maintain retention and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be great to be able to have a header seperate to the rest of the page to hand write titles. The you could set he header to duplicate across the next x amount of pages.

I know you can hand write the title each time, or lasso tool the title and copy it manually, but longer documents can be tedious.

I would like to be able to write “Lecture 1 - Introduction” on my first page, the set the header to repeat for the next 3 pages. Then write “Lecture 2 - Theory’ on page 4, and set…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I want to create templates for GoodNotes that have definable areas I can write in. If my template has a bounding box, I should be able to define the box’s borders and not allow handwriting outside that bounding box. It’s the difference between actual templates and just applying an image or pdf as a background

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I do understand that it makes sense for the document to pop back into central view when dragging to the side, but when handwriting at the document’s edge, this becomes an annoyance.

How about a new action/feature where the documents still pop back into central view under normal circumstances, but when the user really drags the document far off to the side, the document stays there at the side of the screen. Now the user can handwrite comfortably, with his hand resting on the black part (background) of the screen, and the document on the other side of the screen.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. You should add the possibility to view files’ and folders’ sizes in the goodnotes app. Also, you could add pages counter to see the total amount of pages in a certain notebook and which page we’re viewing (page 15/20). Also, you could add the possibility of viewing on the home page the total amount of notebooks in the app.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?