Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7083 results found

1. I LLLLLOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEE GOODNOTES. I use it daily in my professional career AND my personal life.

I NNNNEEEEDDDD an option to backup my professional notes to a separate storage than my personal. Please please please make it so that I can choose my professional folders to back up to a separate location than my personal notes. Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Craft, a Catalyst app, supports this. So does Books (Save to Books), etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Two multi line text boxes with different blank lines and same row spacing cannot be aligned.

what’s more, could you add the function to set the exact number on row spacing adjusting? it’s too cumbersome to tap the “+” again and again

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Set up automatic backup of Baidu network disk for Chinese users, because most Chinese users do not use Google drive. But we have great demands for automatic backup, equipment coordination, and data transfer and sharing. I sincerely hope that you can adopt this suggestion, thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It is sometimes convenient to look at one page of the document and write on another. Currently moving the zoom window leads to jumpback to the page the window is on. Please allow the jumpback to be disabled. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. For GoodNotes, I think it would be better if you change the app price into free, because some users like me who doesn’t buy any apps, just in case I don’t use it anymore, might really need GoodNotes, but unable to buy.

2. Maybe GoodNotes can have an audio recording, similar like Notability. Since more users are using GoodNotes, it would be better if there is an audio recording function.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The way undo has to be doubled tapped EACH time is inconvenient and sometimes undos too much because the system recognizes too many double taps or the timing of the app recognizing each double tap after another is not accurate, leading to triple taps or two double taps to get ONE undo. I just end up using the toolbar. Please review experience for procreates multiple undo ux&ui because 1. Screen doesn't jump and 2. I only have to tap once after the first tap recognition.
    Make it recognize the two fingers and make it single tap please...way more convenient!

Same…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please enable handwritten fonts and assisted themes for the whole app (Like a system font), which we can choose to set, after submitting a PDF of our work as a token of thanks. We can choose from available fonts and themes on the GoodNotes website, and activate them by submitting our work as an inspiration for other or new users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. So often lecture slides are provided as PDFs with absolutely no room on them to make additional notes of your own...

It would be great to have the option to convert a page to a "handout" view (i.e. like PowerPoint handout options), with either a single or multiple page slide.

Having the option to do this at the point of import, or (additionally) to convert a page to a handout by 'editing' the page later would be awesome!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. GoodNotes 4 had wifi file transfer, please bring it back for GoodNotes 5.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. please add a feature that you can instantly resize an object after circling it with the lasso tool by zooming with two fingers. So you don‘t have to tap on “resize“.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. when I'm writing in my notebooks I'm using the Cornell methode and write key words in a different colour. Adding filters to search (eg text that's only written in purple) would really come in handy when navigating through lots of pages.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like the to have the ability to choose that accent colours within the GoodNotes app. I refer mainly to the blue strip at the top when viewing a document. Often, I turn my iPad onto the classic invert setting for nighttime viewing but the blue bar turns almost white when in dark or light mode on classic invert. I would like the ability to choose the colour of this blue bar.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. There should be a trial version so that we test the app, even for a few days.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In the app called Documents, by Readdle, there is a feature for PDF files called Crop Mode, which removes excess white space around a page (if applicable), allowing text to be brought more to the front, closer to filling up the entire screen. It is very functional, and makes reading easier since the texts is expanded. As you can see based on photos, the text becomes significantly bigger. This feature alone makes me have to keep my textbooks in the Documents app, since GoodNotes doesn't have this feature. Would love to see it come to GoodNotes! Thank you for your…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. you should be able to start typing in a box as soon as you click the text function and be able to start typing where u last put your pencil (so you can point and the textbox appears there) (or add a starting point). This way you don’t lose time switching between modes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be great to be able to only synch certain folders or notes to iCloud in order to reduce traffic. I have quite a lot of notes that I only need on my iPad, but would like to synch only some folders to my Macbook.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I hope you can add an option to have a page flipping ‘animation’ whenever going from one page to another that is similar to what it would look like in real life. Instead of the usually swiping to the next page, we would need this animation feature to add more fun and simulation to our note making process. Additionally, this would dramatically make the app more real to life. Personally, this would make me more engaged (and happy hehe) when flipping through long textbook PDFs or my digital notebooks. It would be such a joy to have these feature, and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be very useful to know real time current language usage and update when we change language like widows. I don't want to try to type just 1 letter to see what language is. Sometime a change language button on my keyboard is not working or there's no popup on a screen shows that a language is already changed or not, so I don't know that a language is still not changed yet. Please add it!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?