Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7082 results found

1. When using keyboard function on the menu bar I can only change the style and formatting to the pre-set styles. I would like to have the ability to change Font size, Font style (Helvatica, Arial, etc.) I can do this on the Pen menu but not on the keyboard menu.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In Text mode:
    - Being able to insert text symbols, specifically arrows, e.g. ↑→↓← and "therefore", as these are useful shorthand in notes describing processes and events (specifically medicine).
    - Recognising super-/sub-script
    - Convert to "chemical reactions" not just math

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When I import any paper or pdf which has references, upon clicking on used references taking to the right reference should be enabled.
    Right now this feature does not exist. The current update is charging so much but this simple feature is not yet there even after so many posts. Other notes apps provide this feature. Kindly consider this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. makes the comments size more bigger so the user can see everything wrote clearly and can review additional data In a bigger way

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hallo, es wäre toll wenn ihr bei den Lernsets unter „Smartes Lernen“ die Funktion hinzufügen könntet, dass man die Vokabeln auch von Antwort auf Frage sich abfragen kann. Bisher geht das nur mit mit der Funktion „Üben“, da wird man aber nicht abgefragt. Es wäre sehr toll, wenn ihr das machen könntet! LG

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Imagine a collaborative note-taking feature where users can share notebooks with others, enabling real-time collaboration on projects, meeting minutes, or study sessions. Users could see edits and annotations in real-time, making it an ideal tool for group work, team projects, or study groups. This feature could enhance GoodNotes' functionality for both personal and professional users who collaborate on documents regularly. Additionally, the ability to leave comments or tag collaborators could further streamline communication within the app. Users could share thoughts, provide feedback, and collectively create comprehensive, dynamic notebooks.

This collaborative note-taking feature could be a game-changer for users who want…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Will be helpful for those who have very bad handwriting. Like me

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The possibility to import an updated pdf file and keep al your notes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A Support Line would be great you guys don’t offer much customer service. Tickets that no one’s seems to respond to doesn’t help at all. You guys can’t provide an amazing app and then disrespect the people who use it by not supporting then through programming issues and the everyday tech support that everyone NEEDS!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I appreciate the opportunity to share my feedback on GoodNotes' handwriting recognition feature. I think it is a great initiative to allow users to contribute their handwriting samples to improve the accuracy of the algorithm.

However, I also think that there is room for improvement in terms of motivating and rewarding the users for their contributions. I suggest that GoodNotes should implement some kind of reward system or badge system that recognizes the users' efforts and achievements. The rewards could be something simple like some free exclusive stickers. And the badges should indicate the number of contributions made by the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A basic word processing format is multiple columns that can hold text. Currently, even though in the paper choice section columns are offered as an option, when using columns, there is no way to actually put text on the adjacent columns. Text will not flow over nor can a simple cursor touch move text flow over to the next column.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Be able to see which email you're using!! Trying to sign into goodnotes online, but it's impossible to find which email i'm using on my iPad. Have found many other people with a similar issue online.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Scrible languages - latvian
    scrible settings - turn of auto correction

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Search functionality

Study-set page copying functionality, so that I can paste it into different sets of study sets for practising random questions from different topics holistically.

Table insertion using an apple pen to either draw a table or delete a table.

Ability to switch between handwriting, typed text and inserting photos, without erasing a study set content.

Multiple-order bullet points functionality that is computer keyboard friendly.

I prefer to study from a study set, rather than a flashcard template, because it presents the learning material in fairly large size when I study from my iPad screen (usually) or my computer…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. WE neeeed an improvement for switching between flashcards! its so uncomfortable to use the trackpad.... give us a shortcut or at least two buttons in form of arrows.

Id like to see the ability to use 2 fingers on the trackpad and the 1 finger swipe on apples Magic Mouse

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hi, I would be glad if you could add a fuction, which will allow us to summarise and write notes right next to the page. I often upload pdf textbooks or research papers, but there is not enough space next to the text. For example Cambridge Spiral allows you to add a note next to the page you read, so it does not cover the text on the page. I would love that fuction if I could write the notes by hand. I think it will be useful mainly for other students who use Goodnotes to write and highlight in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Det er veldig rart at dere ikke støtter norsk språk. Det er viktig og jeg føler at jeg må bytte deres app på grunn av det

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Experience the benefits of traditional Chinese medicine at AMK TCM Clinic in Singapore, where skilled practitioners provide personalized treatments for your well-being.

More info :- https://www.huajiantcm.com/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Can we have a way to export PDFs from goodnotes on windows that keeps the file name?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Often I find myself needing to copy/paste to change the position of an item so that it is layered properly.

Apparently, the options to “Sent to Front” and “Send to Back” have ben added, but I don’t see how to use them. This also doesn’t solve the problem fully.

We need to be able to move by a single layer as well. The additional options to “Move Forward” or “Move Back”, would completely resolve this and the number of other requests for the same thing.

Ideally, using the lasso tool to select any number of objects including handwriting, or long…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?