Customer Suggestions for GoodNotes

Share your ideas how we could improve GoodNotes for you.

Please take a moment to read these instructions carefully:
  • Use the search field to check if your idea was already submitted!
  • If your idea isn't listed, submit your own - use a descriptive title with 20 words or less, please. Include the details in the description field
  • Include only one suggestion per post
  • Help us and others understand you better and explain why and when you need the feature

If something is not working as expected or you need help, please visit our help center instead. We do not offer customer support in the suggestion forum.

Customer Suggestions for GoodNotes

Categories

1. I love the fountain pen, but would also love different styles of writing instruments such as a pencil, crayon, or calligraphy pen.

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Having the option of changing the whole notebook template with a simple click would be very useful for people who uses a lot of pages with grid template to standardize the writing at first, and wanting to change it to other template for a cleaner look.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Specifically, I'd really like to see Swedish, but I'm sure there are people from all over the place wanting to see support for their language. Cheers!

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please make it possible to sync with a private or Company cloud.
    (Synology, Qnap, etc..)

Many Companys dont allow to sync with third party storages :-(

Thanks!

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. While taking notes in meetings I find that tasks end up getting embedded in my notes.

Without having to switch to another task management app it would be convenient to be able to create a task on the fly and have it inserted into the page where I'm taking the notes.

Then, please allow me to view/manage tasks across the entire notebook, the entire folder or my entire GoodNotes installation.

For starters, all I would ask for would be the ability to check a task when it's completed and view/sort tasks by notebook / folder / all GoodNotes, checked/unchecked/either, toggle…

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When an Image is selected you get 8 handles to resize the image. The handles at the 4 corners resize the Image keeping the aspect ratio. That is expected behavior. But the handles at the edges should resize the width or the height of an image.
    It is currently not possible to insert a white image and resize it to mask a part of a page (classroom).

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Would be great to lock an image in place so that we can select/erase images above without compromising the locked image.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. when i import a picture into one of my pages the image quality is really bad! please chance this

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I'd love to be able to insert a blank table or graph in which I could then write/draw. This could easily be added under the existing plus symbol for inserting images, text boxes, etc.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. If there was one thing I could change or add to it would be the library view, I don't particularily like the virtual bookshelf that so many apps use. I'd much prefer a simple expandable folder/file list, ideally sortable on file name and revision date.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Having a color eye dropper would be super helpful for color-coding info when highlighting or simply writing with a pen!
    I also would like to have my custom colors saved such that any color I save on the app on my phone is saved so I can refer to it and use the same color when I use GoodNotes on my computer. Thanks!!

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. In PDFs, normally I highlight the most important information, and at the end I want to see in a list, all the sentences that were highlighted.
    Please make this happen for a next update!
    Thanks

Rafael

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Hi guys. I love this app, But GoodNotes does not support the Portuguese language. Please fix this. Portuguese and Brazilian users would appreciate this care. Please! With the excellent Handwriting Recognition, it is very important.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. In computer science I draw a lot of diagrams of nodes or trees. I spend a lot of time drawing directional arrows neatly. I think it would be awesome if there was a line option that will automatically add an arrow head to my curve or line, and allow me to adjust the curvature of the line if needed. Thanks for listening.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add encryption of data. Allow notebooks to be encrypted.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When you change the orientation of your iPad to landscape, the GoodNotes pages (blank template, ruled template, graph paper template, etc) turn to match the landscape orientation. Not the imported documents such as PDF, docx, ppt, etc. Just the GoodNotes papers need to have a landscape mode

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Be able to record session (voice and desktop), to broadcast a lesson or presentation. Like in explain everything...but GoodNotes is better!

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. We should be able to go to links (hot!) in our browsers. The attachments: in the first one, I've copied the link to the source document. If link us live, I can go to my source document to click on links there (this would be the minimum). In the second attachment us the entire pdf with all its highlighted links....which currently go nowhere. We should be able to click on all of these and go to those links.

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Can w add a shortcuts for "Page Width" (just like what we have in Microsoft Word) to zoom the page so that the width of the page match the width of the screen?

This is very useful when you want switch the iPad Mini to landscape view (to have bigger text size or get bigger keyboard to type faster).

This is also useful when you want to switch back to a page width zoom level after you zoom it for some purpose.

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?