Customer Suggestions for GoodNotes

Share your ideas how we could improve GoodNotes for you.

Please take a moment to read these instructions carefully:
  • Use the search field to check if your idea was already submitted!
  • If your idea isn't listed, submit your own - use a descriptive title with 20 words or less, please. Include the details in the description field
  • Include only one suggestion per post
  • Help us and others understand you better and explain why and when you need the feature

If something is not working as expected or you need help, please visit our help center instead. We do not offer customer support in the suggestion forum.

Customer Suggestions for GoodNotes

Categories

1. We should be able to go to links (hot!) in our browsers. The attachments: in the first one, I've copied the link to the source document. If link us live, I can go to my source document to click on links there (this would be the minimum). In the second attachment us the entire pdf with all its highlighted links....which currently go nowhere. We should be able to click on all of these and go to those links.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When you change the orientation of your iPad to landscape, the GoodNotes pages (blank template, ruled template, graph paper template, etc) turn to match the landscape orientation. Not the imported documents such as PDF, docx, ppt, etc. Just the GoodNotes papers need to have a landscape mode

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I wish there was an option for disabling the layering of the highlighter tool, since sometimes we need to colour diagrams or doodles and it gets impossible to do so with the highlighter because you have to do it correctly in only one stroke. If layering could be disabled, the highlighting would all be in one layer, and colouring in multiple strokes would be uniform and not look overlapped and irregular.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can w add a shortcuts for "Page Width" (just like what we have in Microsoft Word) to zoom the page so that the width of the page match the width of the screen?

This is very useful when you want switch the iPad Mini to landscape view (to have bigger text size or get bigger keyboard to type faster).

This is also useful when you want to switch back to a page width zoom level after you zoom it for some purpose.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. We would like an option where students could highlight the text and have it read to them to help our low readers with difficult text. Maybe have it coordinate with the iPad Accessibility option of text-to-speech.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Be able to record session (voice and desktop), to broadcast a lesson or presentation. Like in explain everything...but GoodNotes is better!

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I use this app mainly for calc. I am a college student working on my masters in electrical engineering. I would love to see charts, graphs and diagram formats to add to my page, much like how it works on pages and word. also I'd love to see dotted lines, "fill in" shading, different pen affects etc. I love the app, I can;t wait to see what else you guys add to it. Big fan

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. As a teacher i use the app as an interactive whiteboard with a beamer and Apple TV (Airplay). This offers me a very good and cheap smartboard (interactive whiteboard) The app is almost perfect, but i am missing a simple pointer and a curtain to hide solutions from the pupils, when we are filling out a task sheet together.
    Also nice was a feature to record a lesson, like in doceri or have a timeline.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to sync using Google Drive rather than iCloud. Right now you can only backup to Google Drive. There should be seamless integration with Google Drive (similar to PDF Expert.)

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The app is great and handwriting recognition works very well but in few languages only :( There are 40 mln people in Poland. Would've great to have polish supported.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Feature that allows you to insert your pdf with space for your own notes at the side (as in note anytime)

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I have a lot of Folders in my GoodNotes Library and every Folder is just blue. On my Mac I've changed every Folder Icon in my music library with the album cover.

Should be great to have that option in GoodNotes

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. We should be able to add shapes from a predefined set of shapes from the developers. Plus we should be able to save our own custom shapes like for eg a rectangle with different length and breadth or a elliptical shapes etc

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add a built-in web browser to clip images or content directly into the app. Great for research and note taking.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Being able to put a widget on a journal page that contains synced google calendar events, would be a dream come true.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. At the moment I can automatically backup only to
    - Box
    - Dropbox
    - OneDrive
    - GoogleDrive

I've my nextcloud. Please add it into the list of automatic backups

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I would like to have an fast way to undo or redo something without aiming for the small buttons all the time. Maybe it is possible to implement a two-finger-swipe area to cover this function. Even if it would be only active during the editing in the zoomed window mode this would be increase the workflow.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I'd love to be able to make the background of diagram images transparent within GoodNotes. I like how this is action performed using an app called MagicEraser, as demonstrated in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyty9XGv494&feature=youtu.be&t=262

This feature would be very useful, especially when using dark paper.

I wish to skip the step of using a different app just to make the background transparent. I constantly need to give my images a transparent background and I really want a faster way to do it. That's why I would love for GoodNotes to have features like those in the MagicEraser app.

Thank you!

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I don't like having my data in the "public" cloud. I have my own cloud setup, using among other software, www.nextcloud.org. I want the option to use NextCloud where ever say iCloud or Dropbox is used in the app. Like the others it is based on WebDav, so in theory, it should not be hard to add support for it.

I'm willing to host a development account on my server so that developers of GoodNotes can test and work out bugs, etc..

Thank you,
    Chad

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add the option to hyperlink from the cut tool options. Basically anything I circle I can assign a link to take me to the associated content.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?