Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

6982 results found

1. Instead of the one option of a blue folder we should have the option to change the color of the folder to help distinguish subjects better.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I import an image of a text and then I highlight the lines I want, but if I need to move the image, the layer with the highlights does not move with the image. This makes all the highlighting I did useless. BTW Notability locks the two layers together.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. If I want to search for a sequence of words, for example "plant protein", GoodNotes currently shows me all instances of "plant" and all instances of "protein". These search results are often not useful.

It would be awesome if I could add quotes to my search " 'plant protein' " to make GoodNotes return the exact sequence of words I searched for.

This is pretty similar behavior to most search engines so it should be pretty intuitive to most users and it probably would be pretty easy to change

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to sync using Google Drive rather than iCloud. Right now you can only backup to Google Drive. There should be seamless integration with Google Drive (similar to PDF Expert.)

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Feature that allows you to insert your pdf with space for your own notes at the side (as in note anytime)

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. when i import a picture into one of my pages the image quality is really bad! please chance this

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Change the text setting to make it more flexible for typing such as the app OneNote

A few things for text I would like to see:
    - be able to change only part of a text to bold etc.
    - be able to edit text boxes
    - bullet points
    - be able to type straight onto ruled paper
    - spacing like a tab button

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please allow touch ID (or face ID) to secure the documents made in the GoodNotes 5 app.

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We should be able to go to links (hot!) in our browsers. The attachments: in the first one, I've copied the link to the source document. If link us live, I can go to my source document to click on links there (this would be the minimum). In the second attachment us the entire pdf with all its highlighted links....which currently go nowhere. We should be able to click on all of these and go to those links.

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be great to be able to select a fill and stroke color for shapes created.

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I am an engineering student. After trying multiple apps your app has by far been the best for the college student who takes higher level math courses. Every other app that allows to draw decent shapes and lines are way too complicated and targeted more for artists. We need to be able to take neat notes that involve shapes and numbers quickly and efficiently. While I love your shape feature it is time consuming to draw 3D shapes while trying to incorporate dotted lines to show hidden parts of the shape. Having a dotted line feature as well as maybe…

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add encryption of data. Allow notebooks to be encrypted.

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Can w add a shortcuts for "Page Width" (just like what we have in Microsoft Word) to zoom the page so that the width of the page match the width of the screen?

This is very useful when you want switch the iPad Mini to landscape view (to have bigger text size or get bigger keyboard to type faster).

This is also useful when you want to switch back to a page width zoom level after you zoom it for some purpose.

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Provide a force-sync option

When the iCloud sync isn't working, we are stuck waiting for the app itself to recognize that the files are not in sync, a force sync option where we can manually cause the app to sync would be incredibly helpful (like the OneNote option). That way we aren't waiting for the app to recognize, which sometimes requires quitting the whole app and reopening, instead we can just tell the app when we want it to sync in addition to automatically.

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In GoodNotes 4, the search function within certain folders was very useful.
    In GoodNotes 5 it is unfortunately not yet possible to search within a specific folder. Instead, there is only a superordinate direct text search. Is it possible to implement a search in a specific folder?
    That would be great!

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Implementation of Gif or short clip would be really helpful for physics and chemistry students studying anharmonic oscillator or streching and bending of different chemical bonds.. Those gif will be really helpful..!!

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I use this app mainly for calc. I am a college student working on my masters in electrical engineering. I would love to see charts, graphs and diagram formats to add to my page, much like how it works on pages and word. also I'd love to see dotted lines, "fill in" shading, different pen affects etc. I love the app, I can;t wait to see what else you guys add to it. Big fan

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. If there was one thing I could change or add to it would be the library view, I don't particularily like the virtual bookshelf that so many apps use. I'd much prefer a simple expandable folder/file list, ideally sortable on file name and revision date.

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. At the moment, the zoom window advances when you get to the right side of the window. It would be great if there would be an option to have the advancement happen when you get to the left side of the window, for languages that are written from right to left (example: Hebrew, Arabic etc.).

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I text a lot and I also like to keep the color tone of my notes but the app doesn’t have the feature to add the color to presets for the text function. It also could be more convenient if there’s the color picker tool so I can keep the tone of my notes whenever I text or write. Lastly, I notice that the hex code of the color is ALWAYS #FFEEFF. As I said before, GoodNotes doesn’t have feature of setting text color to presets so I intent to remember the hex code instead but it’s still FFEEFF... I…

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?