Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

6975 results found

1. Would be super helpful to be able to view notes in a web browser. there are times when i don't have access to my ipad and need to see something i wrote previously don't need editing capabilities, just ability to view. since notes are stored in the cloud hopefully having this would be straightforward.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Zoom window behaviour was changed in GN5. Previously, it included tool bars and better snap functionality. GN4 behaviour was superior, please revert this feature set.

GN5 zoom window is more visually appealing, but now the user must swing their at, all over the place to change tools :(

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Lock out other apps when in study mode, maybe also an integrated pomadoro timer (25mins studying, 5 minute break, repeat 4 times, then 20 min break)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. A toggle that auto-deselects the shape tool after one use, just like the eraser.

A further enhancement would be turning the whole tool into a toggle, which detects and corrects any shapes if it is turned on. This should ideally work with the highlighter alongside the pen. I understand there might be complications on this improvement, so I put the auto-deselect function in the title, as this toggle will suffice to solve the frustration where a circle would appear unexpectedly while writing a sentence.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It frequently takes up 97% of CPU power on a 2017 Macbook Pro 13-inch, and the fan on my mac just shouts like crazy (like fighter jets taking off from a carrier).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be really useful to access Zotero/ Citavi or Mendelay Libraries to annotate papers from those libraries

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Often times I annotate pdf in dropbox/Google Drive. I'd like to use goodnotes a PDF annotation tool rather than use PDF expert because I like the UI. I don't want to have to import PDFs directly into goodnotes and then export it.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When you have a lengthy document, e.g. 10 pages, and you need to add text/graph/diagram on the first page you would have to move everything down from that point onwards.
    Please add a menu to add a predefined amount of space at a certain point (2 cm ?)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Currently, when I use the text feature with a ruled background, the texts will overlap the lines of the background. It will be perfect if we can adjust the spacing such that the text can fit perfectly between the space.

I would like to add if possible that the shape tool can be enhanced to recognise the shapes better. Occasionally the shape tool will correct my input into a warped shape.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hallo, ich fände es sehr hilfreich, wenn man Dateien (wie zum Beispiel Bilder, Textfelder, oder die eigene Schrift) mit Hilfe des cut Tools zwischen zwei Seiten hin und her bewegen könnte (bei Vertical scrolling) außerdem fände ich eine Lineal Funktion und eine Bibliothek aus bereits vorgefertigten Formen sehr sinnvoll.

Manchmal hat man ebenfalls das Problem, dass Linien parallel zu den blatträndern ausgerichtet werden, was sehr hinderlich ist wenn man auf beispielsweise fotografierten Folien gerade Linien ziehen möchte zum unterstreichen von Text oder ähnlichem.

Außerdem erkennt das shape Tool leider oft die Formen nicht oder erkennt Formen welche man eher selten…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Need a way to navigate from folder view to document view without open a new document and close it later every time. A must for academic research and writing.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sometimes when I lasso some text and then deselect, I
    ALL THE SELECTED TEXT DISAPPEARS.

undo/redo doesn't do anything. Sometimes the text reappears after a few minutes of writing, sometimes its just gone forever. Very frustrating, has been happing for a few months now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GoodNotes/comments/dobfp3/writing_disappears_and_reappears_randomly/

https://www.reddit.com/r/GoodNotes/comments/dnl8f1/lassoed_objects_disappearing/

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Instead of having a ruler or a protractor one might simply have the ability to reference past lines. with the use of a reference tool, one could establish relationships relevant in the file. It might tell you what angle two lines form and set up a scale internal to the document. I mainly use Goodnotes to draw geometry because of its wonderful shape tool. It is much easier to use rather than constraining to the grid which feels awful, much like other programs. The drawback in goodnotes is there is no sense of scale or relationships.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The purple-blue colour of the tool bar is not idea for corporate sessions, and does not fit with the dark mode scheme.

Could you give us the ability to change this colour? Alternatively, if it is dark mode, the colour of the tool bar should be a shade of dark grey or black.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I read books in PDF. The editorial margins are usually decided for print publication. I would like the ability to increase the page size to have more space to take notes.

Thanks.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. After a day of meetings, I find myself not remembering to go back to the "action items" (or forgetting the action items.) Would be so powerful if action items were automatically added to iOS reminders, or even if there was a quick manual way (i.e., circle the actions with lasso and have option to create/add to remdiners.)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The pens for writing and the pens of the geometry tool should be able to be selected independently of each other.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I think that could be useful know the degrees when you are rotating an object

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please please please add the keyboard shortcuts from GoodNotes 4 to GoodNotes 5. I love the new updates but I severely miss those shortcuts.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?