Skip to content

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Welcome to the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes for Apple's platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1980 results found

1. When scrolling the page with the mouse there is a very strong lag that makes it very annoying to use.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. On MacOS and iOS, GoodNotes is very effective with the quirks that come with both platforms. However, the Windows platform has a plethora of quirks that can make a Windows GoodNotes as good as the one on iOS. Here is a quick list I came up with that would enhance GoodNotes on the Windows platform:

Integration with Windows apps: Integrating with other Windows apps such as OneNote, Microsoft To-Do, or Microsoft Office would make GoodNotes more useful and provide a better user experience.

Cloud integration: Windows users often rely on Microsoft's cloud services like OneDrive or SharePoint. Integrating GoodNotes with…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. If this is for students, then we need the option to download and edit notebooks offline. Having the platform work exclusively online creates horrible lagging with the pen, eraser, everything. Not being able to take notes with bad or no wifi really defeats the purpose of having a note taking software and fixing this one problem would help with many other complaints I have seen.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Could the topics, pages or any item on the page, with some kind of address, or link. Same as Notion do. With this, we can refference some page or topic and create hiperlink to just click and go.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I am loving that Goodnotes has an experimental typing function. I would love to see this open up a little more by letting us be able to do everything that we can the write to text function. This includes being able to change font styles and size.

Also, we need to be able to use the typing function along with the writing function. What do I mean? I mean that if we have something written down, I'd like to be able to sometimes switch to typing out things without the typing overlaying the already written text when I already have…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The IoS version has more lage templates with different background colours. Also we should be able to insert text, images , audio recordings , hyperlinks. Basically insert all IOS features here

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. For android, It should have a real app just like the IOS version, also, support the same features and make use of spen, also, needs to properly resize when in sliptcreen

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. In college it is easier if the notes we create are in their separated folders so that we know that this note is for a specific course or subject so there is no scattered notes just outside.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to have the option to have more than 3 default color at the top. 6 or 7 preset (favorite/saved) colors would be more adequate to avoid going to the color menu each time.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. Hi, thank you for allowing Windows users to test the Beta version. I like the rendering of the lasso tool; it moves very smoothly. I also like the varying options of the notebook covers and page choices.

Below are 6 additions that will improve the current & future version's productivity & functionality:

1. audio recording feature (+ audio following written or typed words written at that time when audio is played back)
      * good for students needing to relisten to specific parts of the lecture

2. typing feature
      * allow ability to type AND draw rather than just drawing (this'll help take…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ich fand es richtig cool, dass es endlich GoodNotes für Windows gibt und habe mich sehr gefreut. Für den Anfang ist es ein passabler Start, aber mit viel Luft nach oben, vor allem wenn man GoodNotes schon von Apple Geräten kennt.
    Was ich sehr schade finde und was dringend benötigt wird, ist die Funktion, dass man seine Aufschriebe auch als PDF speichern kann. Das ist vor allem für Studenten wichtig, denn wenn man Aufgabenblätter abgeben muss, muss man diese auch speichern können.
    Außerdem gibt es weder die Funktion, dass es Linien, Kreise und andere Formen erkennt, noch dass man sowas…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be great to be able to work together on a notebook, document or memo. This makes it easier in school and university to write down the content of a group work, because everyone can work on the document. So once everyone can participate and secondly, afterwards everyone has the document, so you don't have to upload it somewhere else to share.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow embeded hyperlinks in a PDF to work in Windows version

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be great to have the ability to delete multiple pages of a PDF at once (eg batch) rather than having to delete them one by one

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I need this offline in several of my classes with spotty wifi!

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When leaving the pdf the page you were should be saved, so when redirecting into the pdf you can continue at the same page

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Like to be able to create text boxes and type your words in them. And like allow them to overlap each other just like in good notes 5 for iOS.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Hello, GoodNotes Developers

I’m glad that I can use GoodNotes in Android.

GoodNotes, which works on web app, will not create the experience of using GoodNotes on iPad. That's why you have to make it work as a native app.

The limitations of web app are clear. For example, latency.

To compete with Samsung Note (Free to download!!), you need to provide a better experience.

I understand that it is a beta version now, but I hope it becomes a native app when it is released as an official version.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Que sea compatible con las funciones del spen como el botón de borrar

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. (I would also like this feature on Ipad). When you use a ruled line format and then type text, the text does not align with the lines after a few sentences. I would like a feature that allows you to have your text neatly written on the lines. Maybe even so that you can choose the distance between an upper and lower sentence so it can fit the lines. This feature will make it more appealing to also write some text without making it messy :)

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 98 99
  • Don't see your idea?