Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7131 results found

1. I used to write with a fountain pen all the time but switched to iPad because I had so many notebooks it was getting a bit ridiculous trying to go back through my notes. One thing I miss so much is the way ink looks on a page, particularly inks with hi sheen and shading. Colours vary in intensity at different points on the page, some completely change depending on the amount of ink laid down and it really makes writing enjoyable and makes revising notes oddly satisfying. Please add some form of this to GoodNotes as an option when…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. After the new update, we got the option to have more than 3 colours in our tool bar, but we lost the quick access to pen size curser because of that.
    Definitely a downgrade.
    Having to click on the little icon to change the size is so annoying and time consuming.
    So please bring the old version back, where we can have our 3 pen sizes directly onto our toolbar.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When I search after a word in a Document the search line covers the page number at the bottom of the page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. after the voice recording update, when I use split view using the under toolbar, the recording bar comes up and I cannot use the toolbar. This problem only happens when I use the under toolbar. For me, the under toolbar is much more comfortable to use, but I cannot use this anymore because of this error. I'm waiting for the new update and bug fix, but I couldn't see the changes even if I update my iPad and good notes app in the app store. I hope this problem is improved so this bug will be eliminated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The ability to create fast flashcards by using the lasso tool on notebooks.

Currently, to study and get asked with the study mode we have to adapt our notes to flashcards mode.

This is really annoying: we have to do all the notes of our notebooks in a Flashcard template, or we have to write again our notes in the flashcards in the Study set.

Is really tedious and redundant to create notes and afterward to write again your notes in flashcards(my current situation)

I believe we should add the next feature:

• The availity in a notebook to create Questions/answers…
    6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Change pen size back so it is easier and quicker to change from the tool bar.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In the new update you hided the thickness of the pen under the button. Its very uncomfortable. Can you please consider to let the person to change settings (tool panel) himself — those who need more colors, would be able to hide the thickness,,, and others will be able to hide more colors.

Thank you!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In version 5.9.88, an extra slot for stroke colour was added, burying thickness control out of easy reach. Reverting to three colour slots and easier-to-access stroke thickness controls would be more convenient

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A few days ago, a new update changed the menu bar for selecting between the three thickness options. Now it’s an additional, surprisingly very annoying, step away. Now you have to open a tiny window, in order to open the three types of thickness of your pen and to be able to select one of them.
    Please go back to how it was earlier or at least let your customers chose.
    It was so much more convenient.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Tool to highlight specific words/phrases/diagrams and back-link them all together. Would work similar to the search function for words but would allow you to create faster connections between ideas by simply clicking on the linked text in the note.

Could even automatically take all back linked pieces of text and combine into one temporary page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I really like how on Super note to erase, you just hold two fingers on the screen and then start erasing anything you want. It is tiring to constantly double tap to erase one character, and it takes too long to tap the eraser icon to erase more than one character.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When using the text feature, I often just use too much time selecting the fonts, font sizes or the positioning. It would be nice to have a feature like we have in Microsoft Word for example, where you could store the setting for each type of your text and switch between all of them with just one or two clicks. But I would prefer it to be in a smaller and more subtle way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Since the last update the 3 sizes of the pencil are under one button. This takes extra time when taking my notes in class. Please incorporate the 3 different sizes back in the button bar!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Essentially quickly mark a page that enables the user to go back to that page when scrolling to others

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I want to read in Goodnotes such as comic books, and I would like to be able to choose between right and left scrolling, as it varies from book to book.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I use a graphic tablet (Gaomon 1060 pro) with Goodnotes on macos. When i write fast, the "Paste, Add Comment" Box doesn't appear . However, if i write slowly, the box keeps showing and hides my writing. I find that the box is very annoying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In the most recent update you changed the copy and paste text to the formatting of where you copied it from instead of the formatting I already have on the text box. Please change it back to how it was before the update where whatever I copied and pasted is the same formatting I have in my text box!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A mini favorites toolbar to add our favorite colors for pens, highlighters, eraser, etc. would be nice to move around on the screen like in Notability!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hello,

I am a new Goodnotes user and have used Notability for 10+ years. I decided to get Goodnotes for digital planners and noticed that the colors preset on my iPad are not synching to other devices. In notability, the colors I have preset sync to my other devices and it makes the colors more efficient!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The new feature that condensed the pen sizes into one button is clunky and adds two clicks to the process, and you have to change your grip to tap the screen with your finger to get rid of the drop down menu. Bring back the three buttons for pen sizes, at least in horizontal view.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?