Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7145 results found

1. I would love the ability to go back to previous screen or page instead of having to scroll through after clicking a embedded link . For example I use a digital planner and while I’m looking at weekly view I might click Monday for example, thus taking me far away from my weekly page. I then have to swipe through or go up to my bookmarks to get back. A simple gesture or button that’s essentially backs up would be the greatest user friendly improvement .

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add divider tabs/sections within a notebook

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please add the possibility to show the bookmarks or Plan on the left side of the document to navigate easily inside.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When I scan a document, there are always white bars around it--I guess you're padding it t the aspect ratio of the current template or something. Don't do that (or make it a setting)--it's a waste of screen real estate.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Instead of going to the thumbnails menu, just do a zoom out to see two pages in the same view, instead of one; then if done again you can see 4 pages and then 6, then 8 and so on.

Important detail is that, let's say you have the view for 8 pages in your screen, if you do the gesture to see the 'next page' you see the next 8 pages, so you can navigate much faster within the document.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When I use the rotate button for a photo, it is difficult, if not impossible to avoid resizing the photo as well. I often overlay maps to show size comparisons with unfamiliar places to ones I am familiar with. I would also love the ability select marks and drawings and rotate them, again, without resizing. I could then trace items on a map like a lake, and rotate and move them other areas on the map to compare sizes

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hello:

As you may know, in education epub formarts are very useful to make digital and shareable content between student's and teachers and to make projects in wich studen's can learn and express theirselves creatively. The issue is that there ain't no very useful apps to make annotations or to grade these kind of assignmets. Could you please consider this suggestion?

Thank you for letting me share this idea with you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 在MAC上操作时,增加一个快捷键。按住“空格”键,可以移动页面。现在只能按“左”、“右”键进行移动,很不方便。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. You write a subtitle, then you're able to mark it as that and it will appear at the beginning of your book in a normal written (not hand-written) style.
    Also i would love if the few last and the few next subtitles would appear next to the site you're currently using. While you can swipe horizontal to change the site you can scroll vertically to go through your titles and tap at it.
    in the vertical (tablet) mode is a lot of blank space. would be great if it could be used.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The thickness of the shape tools is changed automatically when the thickness of the pen change previously, but currently the thickness of the shape tools is fixed and it is so fine.

For instance, when I’m trying to draw lines, the lines looks weirdly fine.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Right now text is entered through boxes. This makes sense for regular note taking, but I think programmers would benefit from having a page type that aligns all the text to the page as plain text files do, and have this page extend vertically for at least a hundred lines.

Allow for drawings and normal text editing, just have this page be friendlier to coding students and programming notes (also have a monospaced font as default for these).

A huge bonus would be numbered lines and/or switching to a comment text color through a shortcut (e.g. pressing "/" twice if…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The idea is to update the file manager in order to make it’s style more uniform within iPadOS and it would be beautiful if we can save directly files in a file-folder that che be found in File app

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hello guys, I've been using both notability and goodnotes for over almost 2 years now and i still cant crown one over another, but goodnotes is wayt closer to being the king over notability due to the versatility of the app, custom paper, tools, etc, but theres a tool that i use everysingle day, and that it is soooo much better on notability than on goodnotes, and thats the hold to snap / auto shape tool
    I know we already have the snap to other shapes feature, but that is basically useless unlessyoure using lines..
    I would like for you…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Drawing a straight line works really well. It would be great if a beautiful wavy line could also be drawn neatly in a similar way. Teachers use this a lot to underline small errors for example.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The glitch on MacBook Pro, iMac, or Mac iOS, in general, is horrible. Taking notes by typing in the textbox on a PDF lecture on a Macbook or iMac is super lagging and annoying. I prefer typing over writing since it's quicker. However, it seems like I wasted more time adjusting, double-clicking the textbox. To make it worse, sometimes all the text disappeared after typing in the box, which is extremely annoying. This does not happen with my iPad though.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Is it possible to create a ruler to help draw lines at any angle at controlled length? And to measure the size of an object in the PDF file? I use goodnotes to review civil drawings since confinement. Thanks in advance!

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would be really cool and easier to use if you had an optional feature of adding streamlined pens to smooth out your handwriting as I write on a glass screen with the apple pencil an my lines can turn out a bit wobbly or it really strains my hand when I try to use more control so my handwriting is neater.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I am a student who uses GoodNotes to study.
    I'm mailing to suggest features that would be great when I study in GoodNotes.
    It's moving to a page you've seen before, which is similar to the previous channel feature of the tv remote.

While studying, there are many cases of moving and looking to refer to pages that are far away, and then returning from the previous ones.
    If this function is added, it seems that the efficiency of study can be improved.
    Thanks for reading :)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I need sinusoidal line option for my science classes teaching.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Group tap

2 votes

We're glad you're here