Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7157 results found

1. I would love for the App to support full presentation mode for Powerpoint slides with all the animations and transitions

with the ongoing pandemic, online classes are quite common now and teaching online requires an excellent app that can be used to stream to students.

it would so awesome to combine the annotation capabilities of good notes and combine that with Microsoft powerpoint for awesome presentations to students.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please make smaller query intervals for cards you don't know yet. Even if I have classified half of the flashcards as difficult, the query interval increases significantly.I think it's good that not every day the same flashcards and always only a few flashcards are queried. Nevertheless, the date for the next query should also take into account the cards that were not queried on this day and were previously classified as hard, otherwise they will be queried, for example only in two weeks, which affects the learning progress.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Every time I copy or do screen capture, it takes me 3 steps from different buttons to copy the picture, so my hand needs to move up, top right for copying.... can streamline for copying process?

Also, every time I change color, I need to move my pen from left to right for selecting different color, is it possible to allocate the changing color just under "pen" button? So my hand can move less for that action?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I'd like to be able to select multiple images and upload them as templates (paper/cover) as it's a bit tedious when I want to upload many original templates, and having to upload them one by one.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Do not change font and formatting of text when changing the size of the font. When you have text with various formatting (underlining, bolding, or italics), changing the font size of the entire group of text will change the formatting and apply the bold or italics to all characters within the group.
    If the size of entire group of text is changed, only the size of the text should change. The formatting should remain unchanged.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. for example for PowerPoint PDFs necessary, because ther is no template with that format.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Being able to adjust opacity would enable note taking to use a Boldness type feature for important ideas and parenthetical ideas could be more faint.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be so cool if you could add sticky mage markers (see attachment) to your notebooks and PDF documents – just like in a "real" notebook. If you "click" on a page marker, you jump to that section. But the difference is, this does not have to be a structure point or something.

Also, I cannot use bookmarks, because I cannot arrange those in several categories which I would definitely need.

Also, this would be quite handy.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Highlights, the function which can access a view by a list

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I like how the patch tool works in Photoshop, and I think it would be useful in GoodNotes too. I would use it to edit diagrams and remove parts, such as labels, that I do not want. Here is an example of how the patch tool works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II4lfxoNrJ8
    Even though the patch tool is commonly used to edit photographs, it can definitely be used for editing illustrations too. I have used the patch tool in Photoshop before, and I started seeing the need for it again as I was trying to prepare diagrams for GoodNotes. I feel that it would…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. To address the battery drain issue maybe you could implement a feature in which the software transforms strokes into vectors just every 10 seconds or so instead of doing it instantly. Or maybe an option in which one can deactivate vectoring on pdf files, where in my opinion it is not really necessary. This problem is huge! 15-20 % drain in 1 hour of use is unacceptable. Despite preferring GoodNotes, this is the reason I really am considering Switching to Notability.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please, create a dragging cursor on Mac to drag with a computer mouse on Pdf for exemple

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The use I meant to do with the iPad is a sort of infinite whiteboard. And I use to draw diagrams and mathematical notation.
    Would I be able to use the Lasso tool for exporting formulas to something editable in text, like LaTeX? Maybe with a huge community of students and researchers currently using Goodnotes that may be interested to that.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have a professional app that allow user to create a virtual desktop on whatever thematic. Inside you can bookmark all the file, page, folder related to that thematic. I find that very pratical.
    It would be great that Goodnotes develops this. For example we could create a desktop for "Gardening" where I could link all the documents already in Goodnotes, relating to gardening, it could be a whole file, a folder, a bookmark.
    Then I could create a desktop, "Current homework" with all my current work, like a temporary desktop.
    It's very interesting because you don't have anymore to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I am a new user I really enjoy this app but there are some features that will be handy for all for us users of Goodnotes 5. Starting with a setting of margins for the templates ( I print my notes to put them on a binder and some of my notes gets cut of with the hole puncher), a ruler (this will be super handy, I know I can use the shape tool but there's people that work with measurements)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Smart Panel - Model Number: SBID-MX065

Our teachers would love if GoodNotes created an app for our smart panels.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Need favourites form for pencil, highlighter and text.
    I usually use Good note 5 for Studying, and I feel it is not comfortable to using.
    If you make a form that I can set up my favourites pencil especially a typeof pencil and colour and what ever, It would be very useful for people. Also the Text function has problem. when i want to change the font, it is very inconvenience. Because you even didn't have "recently use".
    I really like Good note5. But some functions are really improved.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Have a pen or an ink that only shows on the iPad, and not on a presentation screen. This would allow presenters to annotate their presentations without the audience seeing the notes. It would be useful for fill in the blanks, presenter notes and comments. A presenter could even "pre-draw" a picture, which could then be redrawn live.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?