Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7151 results found

1. I'm often reviewing older notes on previous pages, then scrolling back to the last page. It would be nice to have a button dedicated to the last page of the notebook so getting there is easier. The Go to Page feature on the more button is close, but it defaults to the page you're currently on, which doesn't make a lot of sense. What if it defaulted to the last page instead? This seems like the far more likely use case and would be a simple fix

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Recognize handwritten header and set or suggest it as the filename, so i don't have a pile of 'Untitled' documents in my library. Just a little convenience feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Could you please add an option to hide all handwriting so that I can better review my lecture notes?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. One thing I would love to see is a possibility for inserted images to easily go to crop mode without going to the menu. Maybe a dedicated button could be added like the button for deleting the image and resizing it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I hope that I can directly select multiple pages and rearrange their order in the thumbnails like what I can do in Notability.

I know that I can copy and paste page to rearrange the page order. But it's not convenient.

I'd appreciate it if you could add this feature.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bring back the ability to upload assignments (pdf form) into canvas directly rather than saving it in files and attaching it through canvas.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. GoodNotes is an amazing app and I really appreciate all it can do. Recently, I started making flashcards with it. This is when I encountered a problem while I was trying to study those flashcards. I learned that I couldn't zoom in on the flashcards when in study mode. This is a major issue with the flashcards feature because my small iPhone screen does not show the details of the pictures that I attached, which makes it impossible for me to study these flashcards properly. Please try to fix this ASAP because zooming in on the images to see the…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be very helpful if we are given the ability to select several images and import them all at once. This will save time and it will make it easier to work with projects that require a collection of photos. One way I would use this is to upload multiple pictures into flashcards. I think it would also be great for journaling. A feature like this will help speed up my workflow. It is a nice productivity feature.

My workflow would be much more efficient if I could multiple images simultaneously instead of individually, since I work with images…

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The ability to increase or decrease PDF margins when annotating will be an useful feature.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be awesome if there was a feature letting you move the paper you’re writing on on the side of the screen. So that the paper doesn’t always return to the middle of the screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Now it only support one level outline, but it's far from enough for me. I really need multi-level outlines to better manage my notes, especially for many professional textbooks whose content is very complicated.

Please add this feature!

And if the multi-level outlines can support expand and collapse according to the level, it will be much better!

Thank you so much!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I love GN5, however, I can't use it as much as I would like to since for my classes I annotate the PDF lecture slides and need more space than the PDF slide themselves. Therefore, I have to use OneNote which allows me to insert a printout of the PDF and I can write on both the slides and have notes specific to the slide on the side. I would love to be able to have this in GN since GN5 has so many more features I prefer to OneNote.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I'd like to be able to rotate an object without the scale changing. Please make these separate functions!

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As we all know, it's very comfortable for everyone to write in a certain paper size ratio. But now, because the size ratio of the paper often changes, so I have to spend a long time to adjust the size of the paper. Maybe goodnotes can improve this point。(From machine translation, I'm sorry to disturb you)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Wenn ein Bild per Screenshot eingefügt wird, wird es nicht automatisch auf dem Mac gespeichert und man muss einen neuen Screenshot erstellen, um das Bild auch woanders einzufügen (zb. bei Lernkarten, einmal die Lösung und einmal das Bild der Lösung nur mit geschwärzten Lösungen). Es wäre super, wenn man das Bild einfach per klick auf das Bild kopieren könnte, wie eine Textpassage.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When writing scores, it would be really useful to have staff paper in landscape orientation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. it's very annoying that you need to click so many times to go to another pdf you saved on another file since you have multiple hierarchies. please do it similar to One Note!!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. You can’t save or export highlights on PDFs imported into GoodNotes. But given GoodNotes is such a nice PDF reader, I want to do reading in GoodNotes and then be able to use the content I’ve highlighted elsewhere, e.g. combine it with highlights in Pocket or Instapaper, as part of my research workflow. But at the moment the highlights are static and stuck in the app, so you have to go back through each reading 1 at a time. Enabling highlight exporting — especially if automated via Readwise — would be a gamechanger in allowing me to use GoodNotes for…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. where is the ink color selector in the zoom window in GoodNotes 5? :( Zoom window on GN4 was way better then GN5...
    That's why I'm still on GN4.
    It was your strongest point over others app.... Very sad.. not every one want to haver a big iPad that Don fit on a bag, or have resource to have one... In my case, going all up to the screen change the pen color, to make an obs in diferente Collor, it a sux kind of UX.@

GoodNotesApp If you want I can make a comparison video showing the difference on…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?